test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
Why, as a lifetimer do I have a login queue?
Should I start posting again after all this time?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    Why, as a lifetimer do I have a login queue?

We did have a short queue today due to so many players logging in to play, but players were getting in fairly quickly. Gold members (LTS and subs) have Priority Login, so while you were in a queue, you were placed in the front.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Being an LTSer does not mean you don't ever have to wait. It just means that for times that there is a queue, you don't have to wait as long.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, been playing since beta and that was the first time I have seen that. Thank you anyways
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    We did have a short queue today due to so many players logging in to play, but players were getting in fairly quickly. Gold members (LTS and subs) have Priority Login, so while you were in a queue, you were placed in the front.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Hereing news that the queue system kicked in today is good because in the end it means the game is growing and more people are getting on to play. :)
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ltsmith wrote: »
    Hereing news that the queue system kicked in today is good because in the end it means the game is growing and more people are getting on to play. :)

Agreed, this is frustrating when it happens to you, but a good sign for the game's health :)
  • starcommando101starcommando101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wow! I'm in the queues to actually join the game to login! Congrats STO! You filled the servers! now could you please increase the number of allowed players on sto? lmao
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1) Teamwork and timing is #1
    2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
    3) You are going to die, just get back up
  • emtezeroemtezero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just to let you know Cryptic team:

I can understand logic of login queues. there is nothing wrong with them. But if you ever think of introducing "premium" ways to obey those queues i will simply find another game to spend my money. Nothing makes me more angry than greedy developers calling games free2play when they should be named pay2login.

thanks for paying attention to this post.
    edited January 2013
    emtezero wrote: »
    Just to let you know Cryptic team:

I can understand logic of login queues. there is nothing wrong with them. But if you ever think of introducing "premium" ways to obey those queues i will simply find another game to spend my money. Nothing makes me more angry than greedy developers calling games free2play when they should be named pay2login.

thanks for paying attention to this post.

:/ That (in my opinion) is not a good idea....
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    now could you please increase the number of allowed players on sto?

Considering all the posts about lag, and stuff not updating properly... I'd say that would be a massively bad idea.
  • admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,561 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm seeing the line number go up lol
  • pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    lifetimers don't get login queues....oh wait,i'm number 203 of 758
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
  • cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    emtezero wrote: »
    But if you ever think of introducing "premium" ways to obey those queues i will simply find another game to spend my money.

In this game like every other F2P/Sub MMO out there, gives priority to Gold accounts when it comes to login queues.
  • groomlake32groomlake32 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Seriously I am queued as # 962 to long into the game?!?!?!?!?!??!!?
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'll try in an hour when the server cools down
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited January 2013
      over three thousand in que right now. really? never seen this before. did they downsize?
    • frenionfrenion Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited January 2013
      yeah just plain stuppid...
      i got kicked out of the game because of server not responding thing and now im 827 out of 3296....
      real nice
    • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
      edited January 2013
      pwefail wrote: »
      lifetimers don't get login queues....oh wait,i'm number 203 of 758

Hey - you beat me to it. And I was just changing characters, supposedly not logging out.
      LTS -= #417 out of 2977.

Oh wait - out of 3450... thought that was one of the only perks we had left. :(

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
      "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
      ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
      Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
    • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,882 Arc User
      edited January 2013
      Seriously I am queued as # 962 to long into the game?!?!?!?!?!??!!?

and cryptic is making that much more MONEY....give them your money...herds of cash coming up :D
      DUwNP.gif

• zedomegazedomega Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited January 2013
      We've got the inverse of that going on right now, too. Once you do make it back onto the server, get ready to see 'SERVER NOT RESPONDING' every time you change areas. I've been hitting timeout lengths of up to 90 seconds or so.

Maybe my router hates me, but the server timeouts might be related to the login queues also.
      edited January 2013
      This means that STO has hit a good landmark. We have been dying for new episodes so everyone has come in to try it! and the ambassador of course XD

I'm so happy for STO! just increase Server Stability and numbers allowed
      The Average PvP player
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • fluffytrancefoxfluffytrancefox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited January 2013
      I'm 632 of 3066, not getting in for a while... Switching to the tv in the mean time while the queue loads.
    • sharpeyhihsharpeyhih Member Posts: 21 Arc User
      edited January 2013
      I've been number 63 for about 15 minutes now... not happy at all...
    • omgrandalthoromgrandalthor Member Posts: 364 Arc User
      edited January 2013
      yea life time is f2p it seams because i am in the queue to but i am like 684 of 2543.

SO DON'T BUY LIFETIME. Just get the few items you want off the z store like the 1 billion cap instead!
    • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
      edited January 2013
      I see a huge crash coming on.
      Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
    • pissycutapissycuta Member Posts: 40 Arc User
      edited January 2013
      i've been at 152 out of 560 for like 20 minutes or more... at least now it's 152 out of 3225 :D
    • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
      edited January 2013
      Hi Captains,

As you may have seen, there is a login queue at this time due to the amount of players wanting to jump in to play. Gold members (LTS/ Monthly Sub) still have priority, per the F2P matrix, and all players are getting in after a short wait. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    • nibtishnibtish Member Posts: 19 Arc User
      edited January 2013
      Was 20 out of 3300+ now 20 out of 2500+.... no-one is getting in atm.
      edited January 2013
      Hi Captains,

As you may have seen, there is a login queue at this time due to the amount of players wanting to jump in to play. Gold members (LTS/ Monthly Sub) still have priority, per the F2P matrix, and players are getting in after a short wait. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Is there any future plans to increase the server limit + server stability? STO is growing fast as you can tell :D
      The Average PvP player
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • wazzybutterballswazzybutterballs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited January 2013
      I am currently 673 of 3720. I didn't know Star Trek had a queue until now. So I am floating through the forums to pass time.
    • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
      edited January 2013
      Okay I was in the middle of the mission, then booted when changing maps, and now when I try and log back in I can't even get to the character select screen? Good freaking lord, I think I'd rather have just not been allowed to start than stuck halfway in between. And I was really enjoying the mission too.