test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Changes to the game i would like to see.

chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
1. Cost of projects brought right down and made more affordable.
2. Unlimited dilithium mining. That we can mine as much as we want to.
3. New ships in Z store brought right down in price. Vesta at 5000 zen is overpriced.
4. Starbase upgrades be there immediately on completion,no waiting another 7 days.
5. The 20 hour projects be changed down to 1 hour projects.
6. A fairer exchange rate for zen and dilithium.and visa-versa.
7. Individual personal bank accounts to store all currencies and dilithium for saving for that special item.
8.More ways to get Omega marks and make it exchangeable with other currencies.
9.That the bound to character rule be scrapped,so 1 character can help others out on the same account.
10.An ability to upgrade the firepower on all weapons both space and ground.
11. That all weapons,dominion,cardassian,romulan,klingon and fed be available to all factions to buy,no matter what your faction is.
12. Planets and more asteroids to mine.

I know most will think this is wishful thinking,but i hope the Devs will read this and consider it. I believe it would bring extra enjoyment of this game,and possibly more people joining STO.
Post edited by chaz200565 on

Comments

• Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You missed something off the list, "World Peace".

You have as much chance at that happening as your suggestions ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    edited January 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »

You have as much chance at that happening as your suggestions ;)

lol. well i did say wishful thinking,however this game needs alot more to it anyway to make it more fun and enjoyable.
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i only want Romulan Faction and PVP revamp :D
  • Options
    z69evermoonz69evermoon Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    chaz200565 wrote: »
    Right now the high cost of project is due to the fact that some gold members who have been around for 3 years have a boat load of expertise, energy credits, I have 2 million expertise and 5 million energy credits does it hurt newer players yea sorry about that.2. Unlimited dilithium mining. That we can mine as much as we want to.
    Unlimited mining would be expolted there has to be a cap on how much you can get a day
    3. New ships in Z store brought right down in price. Vesta at 5000 zen is overpriced.
    Prices are prices if you dont like the price of a ship dont buy it wait untill they put them on sale. 4. Starbase upgrades be there immediately on completion,no waiting another 7 days.
    It takes time for the Dev. to upload editions to a starbase if you dont like the time you dont have to run a fleet starbase.5. The 20 hour projects be changed down to 1 hour projects.
    If I can do a project every hour I be done with lvl 5 of both the rom, and omega like I said I have a lot of expertise and energy credits.6. A fairer exchange rate for zen and dilithium.and visa-versa.
    Yea they rip you off in the exchange system my advice is not to use it there plenty of ways to get free dilith the best on is turning in 5 counterban for 2000 dilith in fact duty officer missions that crit can produce more dilth than mining if you get a crit chain going you can see 300 to 500 dilith per mission.
    7. Individual personal bank accounts to store all currencies and dilithium for saving for that special item. They added a account bank that you can buy extra slots for right now I have mine filled with 200 time lockboxes and 150 Tholion boxes.
    Two words Terror dome on the que system.
    9.That the bound to character rule be scrapped,so 1 character can help others out on the same account.
    If that were the case Breen ships and autographs would have been wheeled and dealed for millions of credits on the overpriced exchange.
    A lot of weapons are overpowered now due to sets and stacking of counsles
    11. That all weapons,dominion,cardassian,romulan,klingon and fed be available to all factions to buy,no matter what your faction is.
    I dont have a issue with that though some items should be klingon exclusive whats the point of playing a 2nd or 3rd faction if I can get everything through one faction.
    I dont have a issue with other ore deposits or secret places were you can mine but isn't that just redundent.I know most will think this is wishful thinking,but i hope the Devs will read this and consider it. I believe it would bring extra enjoyment of this game,and possibly more people joining STO.

I see what your saying but I hoping I cleared up some of your issues
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    That would mean unlimited Zen for free. Not gonna happen.

It's 2500zen a vesta, 5K 3vestas.

It's a player driven economy, with no Cryptic involvement. Want a fairer exchange ? Ask the players.

I don't understand. I used disruptor on my fed ship, and you can use phasers on a klingon ship. For the more exotic dominion gun, you can have them whatever the faction you are in. Also, ATM, there is no cardassian, dominion and romulan player faction.

Eve online. I'm sorry, but I fail to remember a ST show centered about a miner. If you want to have the opportunity to spend a tedious... I mean, a wonderful time mining rocks in space, Eve online is for you.
    I know most will think this is wishful thinking,but i hope the Devs will read this and consider it. I believe it would bring extra enjoyment of this game,and possibly more people joining STO.
    So far, you ask for more dil income for player, with no limits, better trade rate on dil market, and lower prices for the vesta. Vulcan logical deduction, it seems you want a Vesta badly, but don't want to pay anything for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    waarderwaarder Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What would be nice: EVE but then Star Trek universe
  • Options
    cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Affordable is a completely retaliative term. But you'll never see the costs brought down to the point that a 5 person fleet will be able to get to Tier 5 in a month or so.

This will never happen, Dilithium=zen and as such there will ways be limits on it.

5000 zen for 3 ships is not overpriced. But it seems you didn't even bother looking at what you were getting.
    4. Starbase upgrades be there immediately on completion,no waiting another 7 days.
    5. The 20 hour projects be changed down to 1 hour projects.

Was done for a reason and won't and shouldn't change.

The exchange is player driven, apparently this is another example of you not knowing what you're talking about.
    7. Individual personal bank accounts to store all currencies and dilithium for saving for that special item.

???? Currencies don't take up space as is, so what purpose would this serve?
    That would pretty much defeat the whole purpose of the Omega Rep system.
    Not even sure what the heck this means. Are you still running around with mk I gear?

As was said, this is already possible. After reading this list I wonder how much time you've actually playing this game.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    @cptvanor. I don't like being patronised by out of touch slimballs like you.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I don't like being patronised by out of touch slimballs like you.

If you don't like it, then don't post here. Because half of what you said is complete nonsense. What isn't is either unrealistic or simply stupid.

Make a stupid post and you get comments like mine. Which are unlike what you said based in how the game actually works. Something you clearly don't seem to understand.
  • Options
    daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    cptvanor wrote: »
    If you don't like it, then don't post here. Because half of what you said is complete nonsense. What isn't is either unrealistic or simply stupid.

Make a stupid post and you get comments like mine. Which are unlike what you said based in how the game actually works. Something you clearly don't seem to understand.

I concur, sadly most of this is geared toward one thing, (more free and easy zen) now on one subject i kinda agree which is the mining of Dilithium. I believe he just means to allow us to mine dilithium alone, the refinement rate still stays at 8k.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »

I'd have gone for a unicorn that farts gold.
    <3
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I believe he just means to allow us to mine dilithium alone, the refinement rate still stays at 8k.

I believe you can mine as much as you want. I mean there's a daily mission but you can still go out on the asteroid and run the mini game no? I've never tried so I don't know.

But even if you can't, between dailies, STF's, and Foundry Investigate Officer reports, there's little limit on how much Unrefined Dilithium you can earn.
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1) Ability to be on the starbase, log out, log back in, and be back on the starbase.
    2) Fix the Bortasq and/or fix the way cryptic looks at a ship as being OP (example putting canons on a ship that you would never put canons on because it is too slow but say that the fact that you can put canons on it makes it better than a ship that you can't put canons on it). In other words, just because a ship has a feature doesn't mean it is useable so shouldn't count against it.
    3) Solo STF's. I really hate random grouping.
    4) Giving the KDF two factions. 1) The regular kdf and 2) the kdf allied with the feds. Give a rep system that allows the kdf to not be at war with starfleet. Allow them to do missions with the feds.
    5) Allowing all ships to use there shuttle bays. But only carriers can use frigates.
    6) Allow unrefined dilithium for starbase/embassy projects.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?