test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Social Activity Ideas

kirkepsilon1kirkepsilon1 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
Hi as many of you will may know quite a few of us have for sometime been wanting to have more social activities to do in game,things like poker and pool. Here are my ideas for social activities in game that could be if needs be sold in c store and please feel free to put forward your ideas for fun things to do as well. Am hoping this will stimulate some significant discussion on this topic and that cryptic might take some notice :)

On Board ship:

[*]Pool
    [*]Snooker
    [*]Poker Texas Holdem
    [*]Air Hockey
    [*]Chess
    [*]Paint Balling

On Social Zones e.g Risa:

[*]Surfing
      [*]volly ball
      [*]flizby
      [*]Skiing
      [*]Sledding
      [*]Paint balling
      [*]Speed boating
      [*]water skiing
      [*]ice skating on Andoria
      [*]Pool Tables
      [*]Tenis

Post edited by kirkepsilon1 on

Comments

• dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
        edited January 2013
        Paintballing would be cool, maybe as a PvP use for a modified version of the guns from the winter wonderland. I'd also love to see the starbase's chess board getting more use than being a statue.

Dom Jot (similar to pool/snooker, but I'm not completely sure of the rules) is canon, I'm not sure about any of the others you mention.

To add to your list, there's a dartboard (upside-down, for some reason :confused:) in Quark's, so that'd be good too.

With games like GTA and the PSN Home thingy having pool minigames, it shouldn't be that hard to implement, and I remember Shenmue had a very good darts game back in the early 2000s, so that should also be pretty doable too if the dev team wanted it.
      • kirkepsilon1kirkepsilon1 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
        edited January 2013
        Thank you for your thoughts much appreciated well like I said in my original post these were just some ideas I had, I know some of them won't be feasible right now for programming reasons etc. However I do feel this is an area which needs to be expanded and not neglected am hoping that if enough people post suggestions in this thread Cryptic may just bow to public pressure and do something about this. Because the winter land sadly goes away tomorrow and so will end for the next 11 months anything really fun and interesting to do in a social zone :( lol
      • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
        edited January 2013
        The latest Ask Cryptic has some info about this
        Q: (maddinm214) When will social zones receive an update?

Dstahl: With the success of the New Romulus and Tholian Adventure Zones, we are looking to go back to our existing social zones and give them a similar treatment. One of the zones being thrown about for a possible Springtime or Summer event is to have it take place on Risa or somewhere similar where all factions could enjoy some fun in the sun.

This is merely possible future content that might not occur.
        edited January 2013
        Hi, yeah that might be the case at the moment but I wanted to stimulate discussion and ideas that Cryptic might look and see which ones are feasible. We have the power to change this game for the better all we have to do is keep the pressure and eventually they will have to acknowledge this issue among others.
        edited January 2013
        Come on peeps you must have some ideas of what kind of social activities you would like to be able to do in game on the various social zones :P
      • deathspeedmkdeathspeedmk Member Posts: 32 Arc User
        edited January 2013
        Maybe we could have "races" like in Q wonderland, that was fun
      • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
        edited January 2013
        Maybe we could have "races" like in Q wonderland, that was fun
        Maybe swimming underwater? that would make sense on Risa.
        -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
        My character Tsin'xing
        Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
      • deathspeedmkdeathspeedmk Member Posts: 32 Arc User
        edited January 2013
        maybe.

On sf acdemy for example you could make use of the holedecks for the races?

maybe shuttle drag racing :P
      • haravikkharavikk Member Posts: 278
        edited January 2013
        Shuttle racing could be really fun, especially if it came with its own sets of items for tinkering with your shuttle's performance, so everyone has essentially the same basic shuttle (or choice of shuttles) at the same level, but you can tinker with it to then play to your preferred racing style; do you prefer straight-line speed or manoeuvrability, do you risk blowing out the engine for a temporary surge of speed, do you use dirty sensor tricks to confuse a rival's navigation and so-on.

There could still be tiers if you win enough races and thus gain access to the next tier of equipment, forcing you to race against similarly specced competitors for greater prizes.

It's certainly one that could work within the existing mechanics, especially if you have the special race shuttle in its own category (so you're not ruining all your main shuttle's abilities and specs). Throw in a selection of challenge races in space or inside closed confines and it could be a blast to add as a permanent mini-game activity.

Sorry I ran with that one a bit :D

In terms of social games, it might be interesting to see some proper bar areas crop up where players can just sit down at tables together, or join each other for games of? whatever that weird pool-like game is that Picard and his friends were playing at the academy before he got his heart ventilated by a Nausicaan.
      • z69evermoonz69evermoon Member Posts: 91 Arc User
        edited January 2013
        I have to agree that the social aspect of the game is lacking people team up for borg missions and such but afterwards its like they disbane at some point it need to be looked into.

I stopped by Risa last night looking for rare food items for a duty officer mission and nothing is there.

1. You need some sort of swim coustume I looked out of place in my uniform.

2. There is no vendors or activitys anymore.

This happend to delfar, and Bajor, Andor and Vulcan. Unless your doing a mission there's no point in going to these places.

These areas were suppose to have rare weapon vendors were you could get rare faction ships, Weapons, and equipment.

Lobi crystals store needs to be upgraded so you can buy boxes of 2 to 8 crystals for 2,000 latnum this would bring people back to dabo tables without hurting the lobi store in any way. 800 lobi at 2 to 8 gives you 200,000 latnum or more just to get a ship from the lobi store.

Terrordome needs to be put into the que system.

Crystal entity needs to be redone so you have to shoot x amout off shards then set up harmonic sensors around it that finally destroys the thing.

We need more weapons and equipment I look through this site to get some great ideas for weapons and equipment new ships. http://www.trekcc.org

Just by going through one set of cards I found weapons that should allready be in game

D'k Tahg
        Equipment

Kar'takin

Mek'leth
        edited April 2013
        Come on peeps you must have ideas about what kind of social activities you would like to see in STO :P come in and post them and maybe one of the those nice Cryptic folk will come along and read and maybe post a response or two :P

Please don't "bump" threads.

If you have more to say, by all means please post.

~Bluegeek
      • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
        edited April 2013

Shuttle racing could be fun :) Maybe a race course somewhere near Risa orbit?

(Or maybe we have to wait for the Delta Quadrant for that...
        My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
        Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
      • drac0s65drac0s65 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
        edited April 2013
        maybe.

On sf acdemy for example you could make use of the holedecks for the races?

I like the shuttle racing in the Delta Quadrant like they did in the episode "Drive". And how about something that takes our toons back to their academy days and they could do the flight training exercise that got Wesley in trouble in "The First Duty".
        Vice Admiral Ky'Lian Berat - U.S.S. AVALON
      • mavecowmavecow Member Posts: 1 Arc User
        edited April 2013
        dma1986 wrote: »
        I'd also love to see the starbase's chess board getting more use than being a statue.

sorry, im new, and dont know all features. there's chess boards to play on stations? We can play if u want.

Mavecow, in game.
      • vitzhvitzh Member Posts: 519
        edited April 2013

On Social Zones e.g Risa:

[*]Surfing
          [*]volly ball
          [*]flizby
          [*]Skiing
          [*]Sledding
          [*]Paint balling
          [*]Speed boating
          [*]water skiing
          [*]ice skating on Andoria
          [*]Pool Tables
          [*]Tenis
          I demand that KDF get a mission where they get to storm the beaches of Risa with Bat'leths.
        • bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
          edited April 2013
          Andoria needs to be open weaponless/kit-less PvP

and have an ice skating lake (with consumable ice boots for sale)
          House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
        • buzzoutbuzzout Member Posts: 119 Arc User
          edited April 2013
          Well, looky here Cryptic. The game has become so boring that players are asking for games to play while they're playing the game. You might want to think about developing new content at a little quicker pace if you want to keep your fan base from wandering off. ...Just an idea.
        • vitzhvitzh Member Posts: 519
          edited April 2013
          Wee social minigames are stuff that could surprisingly take away some complaining cause there are things people can do that isn't always grind x, grind y, shoot x, shoot y,

Even if it just descends into a KDF heatbutting competition (saying like that's a bad thing) you'd be surprised how little it can take to occupy someone.