test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account wide reputation

johnnyquantumjohnnyquantum Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Any plans to make the reputation system account wide rather than per character?

One of the things I like about SWTOR is the legacy system. In particular, reputation gains will be for the entire legacy, i.e. account wide, not per character. Do we really need to grind the same content multiple times for each captain? This will become worse if you introduce new reputation factions.
Post edited by johnnyquantum on

Comments

• neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    SWTOR legacy takes FOREVER!! and if you're F2P...dear god the horror.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited January 2013

One of the things I like about SWTOR is the legacy system. In particular, reputation gains will be for the entire legacy, i.e. account wide, not per character. Do we really need to grind the same content multiple times for each captain? This will become worse if you introduce new reputation factions.

my gosh you ARE new here, aren't you?
    you're dealing with a Developer that destroyed STF gameplay just to implement a new rewards system that was just fine to begin with!

your suggestion makes sense...so don't expect it to be in the game.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If the old reward system was just fine, then tell that to the people that ran hundreds of elite STFs for no prototype drop and see how many agree with you. A guaranteed reward is better than a reward that a player might never see due to the RNG.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Im game for account wide rep! I have 12 toons (Yeah I know to many lol) and its so freaking annoying to just do rep on one. -_- There was nothing wrong with the old system, at least then you could save up 60 marks and get XI stuff and every STF had purpose because you needed that mission to maby get the XII drop. At least cut the rep prices by 50%, that would make it bearable. :S
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • deathspeedmkdeathspeedmk Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think they done that to make the game...harder...or more annoying as i was just starting to collect than they change the damm system so I had to start again from nothing... Great fun :)
  • bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Reputation is pointless when you can attain maximum reputation with everyone. This is beyond absurd even in a universe as idealistic as Star Trek. When there is no choice between mutually exclusive factions, reputation becomes meaningless. The only reason Cryptic added such a system was to create another grind to keep people playing. Because if you're not playing, you're not paying the lockbox tax.

Besides why should Admiral Whosit care how your important Admiral friend or cousin is? He just met you for the first time.
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't think they will make reputations account-wide. In fact, I know they won't. You had to get your gear through the grind before the reputation system, and you have to get it through the grind now, only difference is, now you know exactly how long it takes.

But some kind of account-wide accomplishments/achievement system I think might make it. So for example, when you've hit T5 in a reputation on one character, you get a non-cumulative 10 or 20 percent boost to reputation gain in that category on all your alts. When you've hit T4 in a CXP category, same thing. When one of your characters completes all 11 CXP categories, all your characters get 1 extra assignment slot. Maxing out R&D on one character might improve or even the amount of R&D XP you get on your alts. And so on. Either by default, granting these perks, or simply unlocking them for purchase on an alt-by-alt basis with said alt's accolade points.

I don't know exactly what, but they can do something along those lines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
    edited January 2013
    Well I meant account wide rep as in you get the XP for all toons but each would still have to buy their own pieces. Though I still say the prices are way to high.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Um... so four toons. 2 Fed and 2 KDF.

Fed 1 gains rep.

What on Earth does that have to do with Fed 2, KDF 1, or KDF 2?

Do Fed 1 and Fed 2 even know each other? Do Fed 1 and Fed 2 even exist in the same instance of the universe? Why would a Fed raising Rep increase the Rep for a KDF?

They've already mentioned opposing Rep on their whiteboard. A Fed couldn't raise a nonexistent Rep on a KDF and it wouldn't make sense for the Fed to raise the opposing Rep on the KDF.

No doubt it can get tedious. I was trying to do it on the four toons at once. It felt like a factory job. Do this, do that, change toons, do this, do that, change toons...meh. I got burnt out. So none of them have hit T5 on anything. Two are sitting at T2, one got to T4 pretty fast, and another eventually got to T4.

Eventually, they'll all get to T5. Which is a good thing - the eventually thing. It gives me something to do - to work toward. If they were all T5 already...well, then I'd likely be one of the folks sitting around saying there's nothing to do...
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If this ever gets the green light, it should be faction-specific rather than account-wide. Example being that you've one System for Federation characters (all characters on an account) and another System for Klingon characters (all characters on an account). Subsequent factions would also get their own, faction-wide unlock.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
    edited January 2013
    Yes, what Flash said. ^^ I like that idea. :D
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Not going to change. They want you grinding, grinding, grinding.
  • trekkiemelissatrekkiemelissa Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited January 2013

We do not know how they going to work it out there. I though would love to see some sort of accountwide reputation, but I am not sure it would be workable.
  • lancemeszaroslancemeszaros Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    From a business standpoint, account-wide reputation makes sense. The rep system is enough of a grind that doing it all over again for another character simply is not worth the time and effort. This makes alts far less valuable as anything other than dil grinding tools. Making an account-wide reputation system increases the value of alts, making it more likely for people to buy extra character slots. Additionally, extra value of alternate characters means that people are now more likely to make extra characters if they want to try out other forms of end-game gameplay, making it more likely for them to buy extra goodies for their alts.
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    In a way you will find there all ready is a legacy type of play in place. Most zen store purchases are bind to account. All vet rewards are bind to account. And any new charaters I create get benifits of any vet rewards including a built in 15% or so mission reward bonus in certain areas.
    em. It's not that hard to level up a toon in STO to where any sort of Lagacy system would be of benifit. Now, I would love to see a version of Champions Online's "Nemisis" system. for some sort of special rep system though.

Keep Playing! *grin*

Khemaraa sends
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    If the old reward system was just fine, then tell that to the people that ran hundreds of elite STFs for no prototype drop and see how many agree with you. A guaranteed reward is better than a reward that a player might never see due to the RNG.

Totally disagree with this view...I'm in the opposite play area...the old reward system was so much better but due to the few crying babies they had to revamp it in favor of an orgy of grinding...as it is now.
    I had 8 VAs fully geared with MACO/OMEGA MKXII stuff in less than 3 months. Done only with play weekends/eves since I have a FT job like everyone else here. Now if I was to do that again with the "new grinding rep system" it would take me more than 3 years....call it what you will...lucky...redheaded child...whatever. The fact is that the old system was far better than this grinding fest that we have today and hope those whiners are happy now ginding as it this was a chinese mining camp....yes there's a light at the end of the tunnel..it's called dilithium and shines a lot since you have to pay for it as well if you want to see anything of use.

Disagree as much as you want but in my book and for those who got the MKXII STFs before it was a much better system than the grinding fest :D
    DUwNP.gif

• dtranquildtranquil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    starkaos wrote: »

BUt that could have been resolved making the parts purchasable

MkII could have been made to require say 200 Chips , 15 Rares and 1 prototype (or more or less)

Instead of this balls up we have now that punished everyone and has prices that are beyond stupid given how weak/old the items are (given that fleet items are pretty much far superior and cheaper.....(
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I like it the way it is now, My tac's have other powers then my sci/engineers and i like it this way, account wide reputation will only work if you could choose a diferend power on your characters.