test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Event Times Malfunctioning

ukkorbyukkorby Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Controls and User Interface
Hello guys,

I wanted to bring to your attention that the fleet event times which you set are not converting properly i.e GMT to EST to CST.....etc - I set a event for 5PM GMT last night as a TEST to see if the developers had fixed this issue however the event timer said it was for 2AM, the correct time should of been 5PM GMT - 10PM EST and so on - This has been malfunctioning since the implementation of season 7.

I am aware that this is a small issue and we have the use of our mouths on TS3 and fingers our our own dedicated website to inform other members of our fast growing fleet about event times, but not all members are online at the same time, some have a day off, some do not.

This is very inconvenient especially if a reminder is been scrolled across the screen in-game of a event starting when actually its 6 hours late.

Please please please! set some time aside for a portion of your development team to fix this bug or provide a solution which might solve this problem.

ANY help will greatly be appreciated! :D and thank you for reading.

Kind Regards
Post edited by ukkorby on

Comments

• blindsaviour666blindsaviour666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    When you create an event you have to use the time it would be at in Cryptic's timezone (PST I think but don't hold me on that one).

So to make the event at 5 PM GMT you need to use 8 AM PST (GMT-9) as the set time and it will display properly.

The system used to do it on its own in the past but since S7 you have to convert the time on your own when you make the event...
    Out of the darkness
    On the road where the dead years run
    Cold as moonlight
    Terrible as the sun
  • ukkorbyukkorby Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thank you for taking the time to get back to me regarding this.

So your saying If I set it at PW time it will auto convert for all other timezone's including mine?
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    my kdf fleet has given up on the fleet events tab you might as well just send a fleet mail out and give times there in GMT EST and PST that way people can easyerly use google to convert it to there time zone.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • ukkorbyukkorby Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If I'm honest thats what I normally do also, however If there is a error or room for improvement, it needs to be fixed otherwise were using our money to pay wages for people who push errors to the way side.

Thanks for getting back to me regarding this.
  • blindsaviour666blindsaviour666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ukkorby wrote: »
    Thank you for taking the time to get back to me regarding this.

So your saying If I set it at PW time it will auto convert for all other timezone's including mine?

Indeed I am, you can see in the test time that you used that it has shown you, a GMT player time that is 9 hours later then the time that you used (5PM).

So to correct the issue you need to convert it to PST and use that time on the event window itself.

And yes, I agree with you that they should improve it, even saying fix it would be correct because before S7 the event window did all of the work for you... But back than it was often bugged at least now it's working properly so I guess we shouldn't complain about this one inconvenience.
    Out of the darkness
    On the road where the dead years run
    Cold as moonlight
    Terrible as the sun
  • wmcarsonwmcarson Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ya its been a problem for a while...although to be fair i'd rather see a character limit increase added to fleet emails before this...its still an annoying issue that will hopefully get fixed soon.

For what its worth - our fleet actually puts the time in the description as a fail safe...and we tell people to go off that..example

'Weekly STF Runs - 8:00 PM ET'

On a similar note - noticed the other day that the February Calendar was off by a day...basically the calender shows Wednesday when it should be Thursday...although haven't looked at it since patch....so it might not be an issue anymore
    |William@wmcarson|Starfleet Reserve|www.StarfleetReserve.com