test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

hoping for insite

howtorhowtor Member Posts: 194 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Klingon Discussion
looking for in-site on my BoP I am interested in starting STF's ( yes normal ones before elite hehe)

negh'ta heavy BOP
fore weapons 3x advanced fleet disruptor dual heavy (dmg x3 crtd), one fleet tricobalt torpedo
aft weapons 2x disruptor turret ( will be upgraded to fleet)

eng- abla, mono, tetra
sci- point defense, field generator, biofunction
tac- 3x disruptor induction coil

commander- THY, CS1, RF2, omega
lt. commander- TT1, RF1, beta
lieu 1- EtS, RSP1
lieu 2 HE1, HE2

I am thinking of removing CS1 for TT2

When I do the borg encounters I ussally never have issues when I have to solo groups of them,
Post edited by howtor on

Comments

• mustafatennickmustafatennick Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Normals aren't any harder than encounters so you won't see much difference IMO

I would switch to 3 neutronium armour that way you get kinetic resistance too

Get rid of the tricobalt

Take two copy's of tt1 any take HY2

If your only doing pve then take attack pattern beta3 instead of omega massive difference in damage and if you need the speed boost from omega in an stf your doing it wrong
    ----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====---- :cool:
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    howtor wrote: »
    looking for in-site on my BoP I am interested in starting STF's ( yes normal ones before elite hehe)

negh'ta heavy BOP
    fore weapons 3x advanced fleet disruptor dual heavy (dmg x3 crtd), one fleet tricobalt torpedo
    aft weapons 2x disruptor turret ( will be upgraded to fleet)

eng- abla, mono, tetra
    sci- point defense, field generator, biofunction
    tac- 3x disruptor induction coil

commander- THY, CS1, RF2, omega
    lt. commander- TT1, RF1, beta
    lieu 1- EtS, RSP1
    lieu 2 HE1, HE2

I am thinking of removing CS1 for TT2

When I do the borg encounters I ussally never have issues when I have to solo groups of them,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKnPtNAh7Bc&list=PL65F31DC3F4C2396B

First vid is a heavy BoP set up for normal STFs.

Third vid is a Raptor.

The almost totally free Mirror Raptor is a really good choice for most all PVE. I actually use a Fleet Raptor now. Because I can. It is sooper awesome. The Raptor is so much better suited to STF's over the BoP. It just is. But if your happy in the BoP, have a grand time.

Cheers!

EDIT: Sure, I actually could explain why the Raptor is better in meticulous detail, but would that really help? If so let me know.
  • howtorhowtor Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    thank you all for the advice. I am going to try changing out what was suggested I do have the mirror raptor so I will have to try it out see how it flys ) but again thankk you very much
  • jadensecurajadensecura Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I do have to somewhat agree with thissler, flying a BoP in an STF, while it can be an ok choice, is definitely a very frustrating experience. The fact is that STFs just don't lend themselves to the kind of hit and fade style BoPs are designed for, you have to just sit and pound on your target for long periods of time. So you have to think like you're building any other tac heavy ship: you need high uptime on essential damage dealing abilities and you more or less have to be running EPtS and possibly TT nonstop to stay alive. You'll also spend much of your time fighting multiple enemies, so you'll probably want 2 copies of CSV, and definitely don't waste valuable slots on having 3 cannon abilities equipped. The bad news is that BoPs are inherently weak at this, their hull and shield stats are weak to go with their hit and fade style and they're short on weapons. The good news is that you can choose to swap the LtC to sci and run Comm and Lt tac, allowing you good DPS and a Gravity Well, which is often an optional saver, or you could do LtC eng for an EWP or just a high powered heal. That flexibility almost makes up for the weaknesses (although I gave up my BoP for a Breen ship as soon as I could).
    edited January 2013
    Yeah a pvp bop doesn't go down well with something that's has 1-2million hit points and hits like a steam train literally the split millisecond you come out of cloak
    ----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====---- :cool:
    edited January 2013
    I did switch out some of my doff skills and went with the raptor. in the stuff I have run have noticed a much more durable and dmg output is about the same that i noticed. one question I had was should I keep the torpedo ( switched to quantum) or get a 4th cannon and free up the HY torpedo for CSV
  • neanderthrallneanderthrall Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I actually ran a BoP for elite STFs for a good while, until I switched to the Guramba (Which is absolutely amazing). I was able to survive fairly well by having a tac/engineer focused Bridge officer setup. At LEAST one polarize shields and Engineering team. I wasn't as effective as a heavy tactical or a cruizer built for taking damage, but it worked. I would suggest you upgrade to a c-store/fleet ship sometime soon.

EDIT: I realized this question had already been answered. I would say stick with the torpedoes. They are indespensable with Torp Spread or High Yield. Especially when you've stripped the shields.
    edited January 2013
    You don't have to be in a z/c store or a fleet ship to be a effective in this game you just need to practice

You can buy as many ships as you want but if you don't have the right setup even the best ship will fail
    edited January 2013
    I agree and and I really appreciate all the insite I have noticed a change when I switched to the raptor and the doff skills still little torn on the tricobalt vs quantum I like the tri casue of the big hit but didnt like the slow fire on it.

Thissler: I did look at the videos and interesting how you went with all aoe attacks verse single attack like CRF but besides that I did learn a lot from it
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    howtor wrote: »
    I agree and and I really appreciate all the insite I have noticed a change when I switched to the raptor and the doff skills still little torn on the tricobalt vs quantum I like the tri casue of the big hit but didnt like the slow fire on it.

Thissler: I did look at the videos and interesting how you went with all aoe attacks verse single attack like CRF but besides that I did learn a lot from it

In many phases the aoe is just plain better for you, and it isn't THAT far off from single target. It's about 75% of single target.

For normals, you can just ride the wave of AOE goodness. The only time you really feel like you need to switch may be on the queens ship in hive.

That being said, I have BOFF's with the single target abilities as well. You can just swap them out for different phases of an event, or say for Elites when you are pretty strictly single target. (most of them anyways)

You use different torpedoes and mines for different things. Quantums are great when you're hitting a lot of hull. That would be any STF outside of Hive. Hive things tend to keep shields up for silly amounts of time. You may consider Transphasics. Sometimes you may just need to slow things down. Chroniton spreads.

So there's a lot to think about there.

Cheers!