test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Melee Shield Penetration issue

zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
I gave it some time but I would like to address the issue that sweeping strikes and the gorn bite were not updated in the increased melee damage/80% shield penetration boost. Was this intentional that it never was updated like the other melee abilities or was it just overlooked?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I gave it some time but I would like to address the issue that sweeping strikes and the gorn bite were not updated in the increased melee damage/80% shield penetration boost. Was this intentional that it never was updated like the other melee abilities or was it just overlooked?

Yes, because they are not Melee damage. They are Physical damage.

Besides, Sweeping strikes is like one of the hardest hitting ground attacks in game. If it were given 80% penetration instead of it's 50%, Tac captains would just stop using ranged weapons in combat altogether, except for the set bonus's, and just punch/kick EVERYTHING to death.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    hellroarerhellroarer Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Besides, Sweeping strikes is like one of the hardest hitting ground attacks in game. If it were given 80% penetration instead of it's 50%, Tac captains would just stop using ranged weapons in combat altogether, except for the set bonus's, and just punch/kick EVERYTHING to death.

That's the best argument for doing it ever. I long for the day when hundreds of Tac characters are going Chuck Norris on one zone or stf or another. That will be awesome. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2013

hellroarer wrote: »
    That's the best argument for doing it ever. I long for the day when hundreds of Tac characters are going Chuck Norris on one zone or stf or another. That will be awesome. :D

Well here is the thing. Motion Accelerator and Hypospray Dyvolene both have two different tool tips for their buffs. I would suggest before trying to *argue* which I am not arguing I am just merely proving a point. So the Accelerator says + #% Phyisical damage and then Hypospray Dyvolene says + #% Physical Melee Damage.

Now how ever you get these two skills activated they not only do they increase Melee weapons such as bat'leths/lirpas/swords ect they also increase with the gorn bite and other physical damage skills. So I urge you to go log into the game and look at this because it is very apparent that you are posting misinformation.
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If you are trying for deeper, harder penetration through shields, I would suggest something with a thick, long beam...like a high density beam rifle, or perhaps a melee weapon with a long, easy to grip shaft with a bulbous end that is made for thrusting...such as the Vulcan Lirpa (be sure to get a purple one, as it is of higher quality...) Something that lets you get in-and-out of combat quickly...
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    If you are trying for deeper, harder penetration through shields, I would suggest something with a thick, long beam...like a high density beam rifle, or perhaps a melee weapon with a long, easy to grip shaft with a bulbous end that is made for thrusting...such as the Vulcan Lirpa (be sure to get a purple one, as it is of higher quality...) Something that lets you get in-and-out of combat quickly...

That was not the point... The point was that there are skills that are Physical damage/Melee that were not updated to the rest of the abilities using the same powers. Plus in STF's those nanopulse weapons get adapted to because its plasma/radiation damage that its using.
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    That was not the point... The point was that there are skills that are Physical damage/Melee that were not updated to the rest of the abilities using the same powers. Plus in STF's those nanopulse weapons get adapted to because its plasma/radiation damage that its using.

Flew right over your head didn't it? lol