test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

State of the Game: January 2013

Comments

• tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    lol, everyone in this thread has completely lost their sh*t... haha.
  • vesolcvesolc Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    LOL 2 million suckers:P
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zerobang wrote: »
    6 day work week? does sound fishy to me...
    do the Devs get paid for all 6 days? or is this a "we need you to work more for the same price or we can't afford to keep you employed anymore" kind of deal?

what if they do want to keep their 2 day weekend ...i know, i would!
    i really do not want to suffer the in-game results from Dev Burn Out Syndrome...
    there is too much rushed, glitched, bugged, unfinished, not working as intended and just pure lousy quality content inside STO already (not saying that there is no good stuff here, just that the bad is sometimes overshadowing the good and a bit more quality control, and finishing what you started mindset, would help a lot)

I'm sure the developer positions are salaried. They could be using some kind of bonus pay program though I suppose.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The state of the game, eh?

Can't load the launcher.

Have to use an alternate site address.

On and on.

Third anniversary here we come.
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Half of the Players can't get the Launcher to load.

Might have waited until that is fixed, Brandon, before posting this......

Just sayin'........
  • lolimpicardlolimpicard Member Posts: 309
    edited January 2013
    sparhawk wrote: »
    I'm sure the developer positions are salaried. They could be using some kind of bonus pay program though I suppose.

That's well possible... but imagine... maybe all the developers negotiated a european (or French!) style contract?
    36h work week, paid per hour, overtime paid extra, weekends and holidays paid extra, late hours paid extra, most insurances covered, including health and pensions.

I could quite well imagine why Cryptic couldn't really get anything done.

Developing videogames under humane conditions is just too damn expensive. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So - the TL;DR of it is "We're great, see?!?!? Here's a free ship (that we will Z-store a superior version soon after) and more content (lockboxes and other grindey stuff)"

Amirite?
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    All players who complete the new episode between Jan 31st and Feb 14th will receive a free Ambassador Class (Fed) or Kamarag Class (KDF) starship as a reward.

Do we get a free ship slot or is this gonna eat a slot like the Odyssey/Bortas did?
  • archer6621archer6621 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i swear to ****ING GOD IF THE LANUCHER PROB AINT FIXED A LOT OF PPL ARE GOING TO BE ****ING PISSED! :mad:
    ya im a red shirt so what im a master at being cannon fodder so what?:cool:
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think all my characters should recieve 8k dilthium today since I am missing the time I would have used to hit refining cap before todays next refinement in a few hours.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • ytalzinytalzin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    With the full effort of the development staff cranking it to Warp 9 (even moving to a 6 day work week!)

I read that as they have dev coverage six days a week rather than all of the development staff working six out of seven days.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Talk is cheap, Dan! You could be cracking the whip instead of making excuses to get things done faster! I still can't login to the game thanks to this mornings mess! :mad:
  • willow6912willow6912 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    the free ship would have been nice. its a pity the launcher probs may not be fixed for me to get it :(
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    More boxes and ships.

No real content.

1/2 the user base cut off.

More and more bugs.

State of the Game this January 28th 2013.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • warbird001warbird001 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    State of the Game: January 2013

BROKEN - Servers are broken and half the player base cannot even update the launcher or run the game. Great job Cryptic, roll on 2013.
  • joelleyjoelley Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Disheartening to see the Devs and staff are more interested in self aggrandisement and self advertising, instead of actually working on a major fault that's stopping half the world logging in.

There's a thread over 200 pages long about this fault, but instead they are busy posting back slapping features.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=241232&page=202

Really shows where their priorities lie, and it's nowhere near decent customer service.
    [SIGPIC]Patch.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    I'm not normally one to call for compensation, but in this situation I think we should get a box of refined dilth or 500 zen or something along those lines.

What I find curious is they had a manual workaround for folks who were having launcher issues... download a file or some such and replace the existing one in your directory.

Given the number of complaints about launcher issues and the fact the the problem was growing at a steady rate, they should have realized something was up.

Or maybe they "knew" this was coming and were unable to stop it from reaching this point.

Either way, some sort of tangible in-game apology would be nice.

Not "owed" to us. Not DEMANDED by us. But given to us out of a sincere commitment to the playerbase and a profound sense of apology for letting the launcher-bug grow to this level.
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    themarie wrote: »
    I'm not normally one to call for compensation, but in this situation I think we should get a box of refined dilth or 500 zen or something along those lines.

You'll get nothing and like it.

Working as intended.

We're investigating.

We've concluded it's your fault, use TOR or another proxy to log in, that should fix YOUR problem.

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    themarie wrote: »

I'm no sockpuppet or great defender of Cryptic, but compensation for a couple of hours of server downtime? Nah.

Relax everyone. GO OUTSIDE ffs!
    edited January 2013
    I agree, compensation for all affected should be in order. When my Second Life had problems with its bank transfer system, I recieved 2000 Linden as compensation and an apology from Linden Labs.

Cryptic probably do not think that they are here to serve the customer, not the other way around. When you are paying for that service and its not working, you can be liable to sue them.

I am a Sub and I am paying for this, so some compensation is in order.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    joelley wrote: »
    Disheartening to see the Devs and staff are more interested in self aggrandisement and self advertising, instead of actually working on a major fault that's stopping half the world logging in.

There's a thread over 200 pages long about this fault, but instead they are busy posting back slapping features.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=241232&page=202

Really shows where their priorities lie, and it's nowhere near decent customer service.

I've made many posts in that thread keeping players updated, and we've also posted a giant notice at the top of the forums letting players know that this is being investigated. The Engineers are investigating and won't stop until a resolution is found -- it is out top priority.

As for this State of the Game blog, it's been scheduled to post for a couple days, well before this incident occurred.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • kyuui13kyuui13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    That to me was just a PR statement. Nothing more, For everything on that list, I'm just about certain that it can be countered with numerous issues. Today bringing the Launcher Fail, along with the patching issue that seems to have been around, a while. Never mind the various other items.

The free ship is nice, and a New FE is as well. But the rest, was just self congratulatory blather, I'm sorry but that is what its coming across as..
    Next time you log in, ask yourself this.
    dastahl wrote: »
    If you can't have fun, then what is the point?
    edited January 2013
    You'll get nothing and like it.

Working as intended.

We're investigating.

We've concluded it's your fault, use TOR or another proxy to log in, that should fix YOUR problem.

:)

Ah this time it's affecting over half verging on 3/4 of the playerbase, and it's worldwide, not regional.

They take the angle that it's a user-side issue, the game is done for. Cryptic may have POOR customer service but they are not that stupid.
    edited January 2013
    Compensation please, I'm thinking 2500 Free Zen please for completely messing up the syncronisation of my Starbase Projects and Duty Officer Layouts.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Something tells me this so called "Feature Episode" is going to be you press "F" you get a cinematic with denise crosby as sela saying a few sentences and then you blow up a ship and the ship you are in will be some junk you keep in your bank and then a few weeks to a month later you will find a c-store or fleet ship version for sale...

Am I close?

Edit: Oh yeah btw its really really sad that 1 ship and one mission is all the KDF received in 2012 for the one line about the KDF LOL atleast it didn't refer to all that fed diet content as being given to the KDF...
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Something tells me this so called "Feature Episode" is going to be you press "F" you get a cinematic with denise crosby as sela saying a few sentences and then you blow up a ship and the ship you are in will be some junk you keep in your bank and then a few weeks to a month later you will find a c-store or fleet ship version for sale...

Am I close?

::: cough cough ....

This is actually why many of us have been waiting to see the stats published ... the fear that its the flagships all over again.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • archer6621archer6621 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've made many posts in that thread keeping players updated, and we've also posted a giant notice at the top of the forums letting players know that this is being investigated. The Engineers are investigating and won't stop until a resolution is found -- it is out top priority.

As for this State of the Game blog, it's been scheduled to post for a couple days, well before this incident occurred.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

plz stop lieing to us i've only seen 1 of your "update" and plz give us a real "update" ty
    ya im a red shirt so what im a master at being cannon fodder so what?:cool:
    edited January 2013
    archer6621 wrote: »
    plz stop lieing to us i've only seen 1 of your "update" and plz give us a real "update" ty

Agreed but Cryptic are so good at it
    edited January 2013
    archer6621 wrote: »

Three posts, two tweets, giant red text.

We're all a bunch of technical minded folks here... and by nature Trek fans are curious about things and how they operate....

Brandon, see if you can get some of the technical mumbojumbo from the engineers and post it here for us tech-heads to pour over. At least it'll keep us distracted for a bit. :D
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    In the TECH Issues Forum someone suggested installing a free Program called HOTSPOT SHIELD. This did NOT work for me.

In the SOTG BLOG Comments someone suggested installing a free Program called SPOTFLUX

The second one worked for me. I'm in. Let them keep lying...let's go play