test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Armor & Kits: Choose Your Look

cdrgadleycdrgadley Member Posts: 145 Arc User
I want to propose the idea of being able to choose the look of your Armor and/or Kit.

As you know...the current look of the armors and kits change depending on the rank of the kit.

Lieutenant
Lieutenant Commander
Commander
Captain
Rear Admiral

The idea is to allow you to pick the look of your armor and/or kit when you unlock the variants.

A Lieutenant would only be able to have the amor and/or kit look of the Lieutenant grade equipments.

A Lieutenant Commander, however, would be able to select the look of the Lieutenant or Lieutenant Commander grade equipment...but the stats of the armor/kit would be that of the Lieutenant Commander grade equipment you have equipped.

Commander grade equipment would be able to have the look of Lieutenant and Lieutenant Commander equipment.

Obviously Rear Admiral grade equipment would be able to select from the various looks of any rank of armor/kit equipment.

(Please create your own thread if you do not care for the armors at all. That is not what this topic is about)

Comments

• eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yes, please. I've always hated the "football pads" (American football, not soccer) look that the tactical kits get. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2013
    eulifdavis wrote: »
    Yes, please. I've always hated the "football pads" (American football, not soccer) look that the tactical kits get. :(

We don't need armour to play our football:D

The kit idea is good, but the STO armour stupid and should be re designed first.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    artan42 wrote: »
    We don't need armour to play football:D

We also don't need "U" in "armor". ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    We also don't need "U" in "armor". ;)

oh yes you do, you also need it in the colour selection too.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    oh yes you do, you also need it in the colour selection too.

Your spelling is without Honor.

On topic, I rather like the VA Medial look with the hologear. It looks really nice with my uniform design, I think. Still, I approve of this topic's suggestion for the sake of other players.
  • cdrgadleycdrgadley Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Here I thought it would be the people who hate the armors in general to derail my thread.
    jslyn wrote: »
    Your spelling is without Honor.

On topic, I rather like the VA Medial look with the hologear. It looks really nice with my uniform design, I think. Still, I approve of this topic's suggestion for the sake of other players.

Honour you say ? :O
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ah, the UK. The folks that figured out how to fit an 'o' in the word 'diarrhea.'
    edited January 2013
    cdrgadley wrote: »
    Here I thought it would be the people who hate the armors in general to derail my thread.

What did you leeeeeearn? :D

thay8472 wrote: »
    Honour you say ? :O

No, I says 'honor'. The English need to learn how to properly spell their American Words.

Ah, the UK. The folks that figured out how to fit an 'o' in the word 'diarrhea.'

It was missing a vowel?
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There were rumblings over a year ago that uniforms would be getting an overhaul. Specifically, kit pieces would be made available in the tailor, and the distinction between off-duty and regular uniforms would be removed (so that folks could have potentially more than one off-duty getup).

As with most of Cryptic's long-term promises however absolutely nothing has come of it.
    edited January 2013
    What did you leeeeeearn? :D

That I'm, probably, the only one who cares about this...unfortunately.

What was that now? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    What was that now? :P

Sorry...I should have said "apparently not many others care"...since the topic was quickly derailed by the 4th post.
    yepp... and on top of it i want the Kits split up so i can choose the single powers on ground, i hate being stuck in these premade power layouts ...since launchday!

My BOffs do not have Kits, so why am i forced into one?

With the new Embassy Kits i fear that Gekko managed to get his wishes for new Kits in there without actually doing what we all wanted them to do,
    making us able to do our own kits and using the visuals openly in the tailor.

Not to mention that some of these kits have some horrible clipping issues.

I am also no fan of Items that have visuals attached. Like the 700 Zen Spacesuit or the Jem'Hadar Mk XII armor.

If i do not like the stats, i can't have the visual.

Not to mention that it is inconsistent game design if every other item works differently to the next one...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • llywelallywela Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I like the idea. I like some of the low level kits, they look cool without hiding too much of a character's uniform. My main had one that I really liked for a while, and I was sad when I had to replace it. It would be nice to see him with it again.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    No, I says 'honor'. The English need to learn how to properly spell their American Words.

"There even are places where English completely disappears. In America, they haven't used it for years!"

-Henry Higgins in "My Fair Lady"

On topic: yes, this would be great.
    Some of the low-level kits look great, the rest is just plain stupid, impractical and goes against any vestiges of common sense.
    Let us have a choice.
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zerobang wrote: »
    yepp... and on top of it i want the Kits split up so i can choose the single powers on ground, i hate being stuck in these premade power layouts ...since launchday!

Another thing they claimed to be looking at. I wouldn't hold your breath.
    edited January 2013

Most of us agreed with you before we went about playing. If it keeps your message on the front page, who cares?

misterde3 wrote: »
    "There even are places where English completely disappears. In America, they haven't used it for years!"

-Henry Higgins in "My Fair Lady"

America: where evolution is king!
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    America: where evolution is king!

Evolution, the thing people can't even agree on whether it exists?
  • causalityeffectcausalityeffect Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If you want to do armor and kit properly then here is a good place to start taking inspiration:

Armor 1

Armor 2

Naturally, expecting Cryptic to have any talent at making anything decent is a foregone conclusion but if your actually gonna TRY and make armor sets it kinda makes sense to copy what works rather than the awful garbage we have now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    If you want to do armor and kit properly then here is a good place to start taking inspiration:

Armor 1

Armor 2

Naturally, expecting Cryptic to have any talent at making anything decent is a foregone conclusion but if your actually gonna TRY and make armor sets it kinda makes sense to copy what works rather than the awful garbage we have now.

I honestly like the regular armor in this game.

I just didn't like the look of it when you hit Rear Admiral rank.

I really like the Polyalloy Weave Armor. It looks like it gives good protection and allows great maneuverability.

While I definitely like the N7 armor in ME3...I don't think this game needs to copy them at all.
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Evolution, the thing people can't even agree on whether it exists?

Great minds think alike but so do the poor ones. *shrug*
  • tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The only good looking engineer kits are the ones that are hidden.
    edited January 2013
    The only good looking engineer kits are the ones that are hidden.

Not true! The backpack along with a tan uniform and the ghostbuster gun is nice. :D
  • llunaukllunauk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Anything that gives us more creative control over our looks in game is a good thing, I mostly hide my kit looks because they just look ugly. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    llunauk wrote: »
    Anything that gives us more creative control over our looks in game is a good thing, I mostly hide my kit looks because they just look ugly. :D

That is feasible. Character Designs are Cryptic's strong suit.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I like the looks of some of the lower kits, the MK X kits sometimes have to much....except the ENG one Ghostbusters is always a win. :D:D
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited January 2013
    It would just be nice not to have to purposely "gimp" myself to get the Armor I like.