test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Multi-mission maps

Is it possible to use the same map you end on, as the first map to a second mission? Like is done with "City on the Edge of Never" and "Past Imperfect."

Pretty sure i couldn't but was sure if there's something i may have missed.
Post edited by cyconianlord on

Comments

• Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You can't go to the same map, but you can duplicate it and do it that way
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    cyconianlordcyconianlord Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    was hoping to be able to start the new mission n have it work off of the last map of the first mission before i ever left it, but i didnt think it was possible, guess ill have to find another way to continue into story #2 =p Thx
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited January 2013
    There should be an import button on the mission list screen. From there you can import the first mission, which essentially makes a copy, it'll prompt you to name it something new, and then delete everything else from that copy besides the map you want to use as the opening map. Then you start building the rest of your new mission.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    you would still have to leave the map after the first mission, and reenter it tho wouldn't you? since technically it be a different map.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    You can duplicate a map inside the same mission, it's an actual button
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    That i know, its pretty handy, but im talking about between 2 different missions, without having to warp out then warp back in. Like in the story Eps. i mentioned you beam down to the planet, kill the patrols n chase the klingon, n his captives, unsuccessfully, to the portal, then that mission ends, and Past imperfect starts right there before even leaving the planet, with you using the portal to follow him back in time. im pretty sure by now that you cant tho, but Thx anyway =)
  • Options
    svwilsonsvwilson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Less ambitiously, can I copy a map from one project into another? Surely there wouldn't be so many multi-part epic Foundry missions if everyone had to re-create their favorite locations from scratch each time.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    You can't copy a map directly, but you can copy the entire project as a new project and delete what you don't want anymore.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    zorbane wrote: »
    You can't copy a map directly, but you can copy the entire project as a new project and delete what you don't want anymore.

So for instance, if I'm ready to start Episode 3 and I want it to reuse both the Bajoran Embassy that I made in Episode 2 plus the ambassador's painstakingly furnished stateroom from Episode 1, there's no simple way to do so?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    svwilson wrote: »
    So for instance, if I'm ready to start Episode 3 and I want it to reuse both the Bajoran Embassy that I made in Episode 2 plus the ambassador's painstakingly furnished stateroom from Episode 1, there's no simple way to do so?

Ah nope :( You'll have to decide which map you want to copy and recreate the other one manually :(
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    zorbane wrote: »
    Ah nope :( You'll have to decide which map you want to copy and recreate the other one manually :(

Bummer.

Okay, how about this? Kirkfat made this PDF "containing all X, Y, Z and rotational values to quickly recreate this simple but detailed office":

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/ugc-resources/asset-admiral-lovejoys-office/#more-9428

How did he make that file? Did he dump the values from the game somehow, or did he view every asset's position and just write them down?
  • Options
    pendra3780pendra3780 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It is quite easy using the export command and my good old map import tool.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz5F1zNr7Z8
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    pendra3780 wrote: »
    It is quite easy using the export command and my good old map import tool.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz5F1zNr7Z8

Looks cool. Where do I get it?