test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Career for a Jem bug

zsorinezsorine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Klingon Discussion
So I've been thinking of buying a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship for my Klingon character for a good change of pace. But my main is a science captain, the Kar'Fi is my standard ship. Is there really any reason to get the bug for a career other than tactical? I don't PVP, I know a crime as a KDF character, but I do run plenty of PUG ESTFs.

Any insight is welcome.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by zsorine on

Comments

• mustafatennickmustafatennick Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Haha now that would be good to see a ?200 ship rain bowing it even then it would still be a killer

A sci in a bug would be good give you extra survivability and you could time subnuclear for when those cruisers are on 5% after using all there buffs
    ----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====---- :cool:
  • zsorinezsorine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't think I could even bring myself to run a rainbow boat for a main. I've done it for alts as I worked for a unified set, but that's a different story. Now getting the proper console layout that is always an interesting experiment.

It's partially because the bug is so darn resilient and mean I want to give it a shot. I'm just wondering f it wouldn't be better to roll a new tactical captain to command her instead. Fro PVE it really seems you just need enough to survive, then apply as much as possible to damage and control. It's because the ship does cost so much to get that I'm seeking advice, I'd rather not have buyer's remorse because the captain career and ship didn't synergize really well. I do want to get a five tac console ship though for the KDF side as my fleet advanced as really been fun, and the Bortasqu' just doesn't interest me as I've done the slow turning ships when the game released and I have little desire to return to them (at least it's not a turn of four like the exploration cruiser used to be).

I expect PVP would be a very different animal and may try it at some point... Is there a preference for PVP and the bug for captain career, or does it really come down to the ability of the player and team more?

As I've basically had to learn to fly a science captain on my own is there any good advice for playing one on the KDF side of things?

Sorry, I realize this is starting to diverge a bit now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]