test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Ultimate Bad Guy

joshl7889joshl7889 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Ten Forward
Who do you guys think is the ultimate bad guy in Star Trek. Out of the entire universe, I think Khan is by far the baddest of em all, or at least he would have been had he not been stranded on Ceti Alpha 5.
*Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
*Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
*Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
Post edited by joshl7889 on

Comments

• rachelj88rachelj88 Member Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Khan definately takes the top spot. no arguments with that Josh.

I'd probably say Shinzon for number 2 as I do love Mr. Hardy! but equally the writing for Nemesis was a little bit poor, I mean come on! Shinzon wipes out Romulan Diplomats with Thalaron Radiation... completely makes Remans Bad TRIBBLE! but somehow fails although he should of really won, thats pretty awesome!

RachelJ88
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lancemeszaroslancemeszaros Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I gain more respect for Kruge every time I rewatch Search for Spock. He has a goal in mind that's rational and makes sense, dedicates his activities toward that singular goal, gets rid of the incompetent, was smart enough to tell when Kirk was bluffing, and was savvy enough to make Kirk work for every victory, large or small.

Kirk: You should take the Vulcan.
    Kruge: No.
    Kirk: But why?
    Kruge: Because you wish it!

Khan's rage and arrogance screwed him over. Kruge made Kirk work for everything, and it cost Kirk with his ship and his son. I honestly can't think of a single Star Trek villain (at least in the movies) that was better written.
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Whoever fitted all those defective, quick-to-explode computer consoles was a pretty bad guy.
  • cdrgadleycdrgadley Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The Holodeck.

At least for Star Trek Voyager.

It put the crew in serious danger more times than any species or character.
    I'd say General Chang. Putting the awesome lines he had through the whole movie aside for the moment....Chang was an excellent villian. He's diplomatic, respectful (even as he fought Kirk he never really insulted or berated him), and cunning.

He managed to get Kirk framed for assassinating Gorkon, all the while plotting with those in Starfleet and the Empire to continue the war which Gorkon was willing to end due to Praxis' explosion.

If it wasn't for the emission-seeking torpedo, Chang most likely would've won, the Federation President would've been killed, and so on.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I tend to think Sybok was probably baddest. Using his power of suggestion 'brainwashing' people into following him was genius, imagine his power after mind-melding with 'god' if he chose to be BAD.

Q is another one that shouldn't be discounted if he chose to be less than playful, but thankfully the rest of the continuum would keep him on a leash.

Khan is 'bad' no doubt, but when he runs out of his original followers, he's done.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    I'd say General Chang. Putting the awesome lines he had through the whole movie aside for the moment....Chang was an excellent villian. He's diplomatic, respectful (even as he fought Kirk he never really insulted or berated him), and cunning.

He managed to get Kirk framed for assassinating Gorkon, all the while plotting with those in Starfleet and the Empire to continue the war which Gorkon was willing to end due to Praxis' explosion.

If it wasn't for the emission-seeking torpedo, Chang most likely would've won, the Federation President would've been killed, and so on.

Have you ever seen the Klingon Academy game? Chang is STILL awesome in that game. Added to that, the fact that he is far more intelligent than the Klingons we saw on TNG and DS9. A real Thought Admiral who actually made you believe a society like the Klingons could hold together and go into space, whereas it's hard to believe the TNG/DS9 Klingons managing to hold together a technological society.

My favorite villain has to be Gul Dukat. He's one of the best-acted villains, and with so many complex layers--though he ultimately paid for his arrogance by literally selling his soul and his free will away to the Pah-Wraiths in the end. It was poetic justice, though: he wanted to make others love him, and ultimately that's what the Pah-Wraiths did to him...made him love them.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • gornman47gornman47 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I always liked Dukat as a villain. Reason being that when a villain believes he is doing right, that makes him truly scary.
    Q: [quoting Hartley] "Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays..."
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    First choice would definetly have to be Khan...

But, depending on your point of view... and what mood he was currently in, Q.
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't know that you can actually call Q a villian. Yes he's an antagonist, yes he's annoying as all hell, and yes he's doing everything he does out of purely selfish reasons (ostensibly), but in the end there always ends up being something gained from his shenanigans.
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Janeway. She made the entire series unbearable.
  • kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If you are speaking solely as an antagonist to the main characters of Star Trek, Khan is one of the best. But his impact on the Star Trek universe was actually pretty small, and he never really showed a desire to conquer the galaxy or but rather just wanted a colony for his people.

If we are talking impact on the whole Star Trek universe, the female Changling is my pick. No one else, save maybe the Borg queen if you forget about Voyager, has wrought as much wanton destruction and changed the shape of galactic power the way she and her Dominion did.

By the time DS9 was over, it was a very different quadrant than what we saw at the beginning of TNG, pretty much solely because of her policies. You can't really say the same thing about any other villain, even though there are some I really enjoyed.
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
  • cdrgadleycdrgadley Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    crusty8mac wrote: »
    Janeway. She made the entire series unbearable.

How dare you.
    Captain Kirk....

Worst guy for first contact scenarios.....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The ultimate bad guy?

The Borg Queen :wub: :wub:
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gulberat wrote: »
    Have you ever seen the Klingon Academy game? Chang is STILL awesome in that game. Added to that, the fact that he is far more intelligent than the Klingons we saw on TNG and DS9. A real Thought Admiral who actually made you believe a society like the Klingons could hold together and go into space, whereas it's hard to believe the TNG/DS9 Klingons managing to hold together a technological society.

Heard about it, seen vids on Youtube, got the t-shirt...but unfortunately have never played it.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • cruzistcruzist Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    joshl7889 wrote: »
    Who do you guys think is the ultimate bad guy in Star Trek. Out of the entire universe, I think Khan is by far the baddest of em all, or at least he would have been had he not been stranded on Ceti Alpha 5.

The baddest guy is a girl. The female changeling leading the Dominion War is responsible for billions of lives lost. The bombing of Cardassia towards the end of the war alone had a death toll of 800 million. What a wackjob.
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My Avatar says it all.