test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

the most memorable Star Trek episode to you...

startrek1234567startrek1234567 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Ten Forward
I think one of my faviorets is Terra Prime(second to last episode of Enterprise), especially when Archer gave that one short speech at the end.

Whats one of the most memorable Star Trek episodes to you(any series)?

P.S. im not sure if im in the right place to post this
Post edited by startrek1234567 on

Comments

• rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hard choice....

There are a number form TOS, TNG, Voy.

But my one all time favorite would have to be Trouble with Tribbles.

The insults and sarcasm that Kirk lays on the Federation secretary is great.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Inner Light full stop.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The Visitor because... because... *sniff*
    <3
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wait - good memorable or bad memorable?

Good - In the Pale Moonlight - finally got to see an effective and ruthless Erim Garak at his actual profession. He lies, he spies, he murders and you end the episode sorta glad he did it all. Avery Brooks did a little scenery chewing in some of the scenes, but otherwise a good episode.

Also, we got this out of it......

Bad - Can't remember the episode title but its the TOS episode where Kirk gets ridden like a horse by a midget and Spock flamenco dances.

Wish we hadn't been given this.....

Edit: TOS "Plato's Stepchildren"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think one of my faviorets is Terra Prime(second to last episode of Enterprise), especially when Archer gave that one short speech at the end.

Whats one of the most memorable Star Trek episodes to you(any series)?

P.S. im not sure if im in the right place to post this

That's one of my favorite episodes too. The idea of xenophobic humans trying to undermine Earth's interstellar relations was just a brilliant idea, and would have made a great series finale.

Some other favorites include "The Inner Light" (beautiful), "The Magnificent Ferengi" (hilarious), "In the Pale Moonlight" (Elim Garak), and "Scorpion" (just plain epic). Before anyone flames me for not including any TOS episodes, I'm just going through that series for the first time.

(And OP, this is indeed the correct place for this thread. :))
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wow. Tough choice. I guess I'll go with the earliest for me.

Best of Both Worlds Part I.

Riker: Mr. Worf, fire.... *cut to black*

I was one unhappy 12 year-old. TNG ended around 11:30 p.m. where I lived and I'm pretty sure I was the only one in the house still awake when I let out a gutteral "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Another vote for Inner Light. That was a good episode.
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Before anyone flames me for not including any TOS episodes, I'm just going through that series for the first time.

Do yourself a favor - skip "Plato's Stepchildren"

Without a doubt the most surreal and bizarre episode of Star Trek. Ever.

That episode could have ended with Kirk and Spock freebasing heroin from bent spoons on the freakin' bridge, and it would have only raised the bizarre factor for that episode .02%.

Seriously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    boglejam73 wrote: »

That episode could have ended with Kirk and Spock freebasing heroin from bent spoons on the freakin' bridge, and it would have only raised the bizarre factor for that episode .02%.

Seriously.

Now I want to watch it even more. :D
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    boglejam73 wrote: »

Seriously.
    It had a neat premise..... taken to a silly extreme. IMO it's not the worst in TOS.

I like the ep where we see the NX and a Xindi fleet smash the sphere builders. THAT was awesome to watch!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • str8nge1str8nge1 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    OS-Balance of Terror

TNG-Q-Who

DS9-Way of the Warrior

VGR-Timeless

Ent-Terra Prime
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Now that I've seen it again (For the first time in something like 15 years) but "A Fistful of Datas" is a really funny episode. :P
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wow. Tough choice. I guess I'll go with the earliest for me.

Best of Both Worlds Part I.

Riker: Mr. Worf, fire.... *cut to black*

I was one unhappy 12 year-old. TNG ended around 11:30 p.m. where I lived and I'm pretty sure I was the only one in the house still awake when I let out a gutteral "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

I was in my twenties. Wasnt too enamoured with TNG at the time. I fully admit that episode and cliffhanger grabbed me by the shorthairs and held on until the season premiere.
    <3
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited January 2013
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    TOS - "Balance of Terror" - always loved that episode.

TNG - Yikes so many to choose from! "Fist full of Datas" for one but one of the episode that sticks in my mind (and surely thats the sign of a good one!) is "Dark Page". Very sad but beautifully done, I have a ship named "USS Kestra" because of this.

DS9 - Without a doubt "way of the warrior". The battle sequence..well...breath taking. The Dominion battles latter in the series just didnt seem to have the Same impact to me.

Voyager - Had quite a few episodes that I liked but the ones I tend to watch over and over are "Pathfinder" and "Blink of an Eye"

Enterprise - hmmm this never really grabbed me. I always got the impression they were groping around for a reason to make episodes! It started to find its way in the last season and, I think, was cut off before it could expand. It had a lot of "Lore" to develop on. I think the episodes I liked were "In the mirror darkly1 & 2".
    server_hamster6.png
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There are so many.

I'll go with sacrifice of angels. still one of the best space battles ive ever seen, a real thrilling episode (the only moment in all of trek where i actually thought 'yep they're screwed), a great conclusion to a 7 part story arc and an emotional end. simply brilliant.
  • chokopop1chokopop1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hard to choose... But if I had to go with just one, it's gotta be DS9's The Trouble with Tribbles. The fact that they actually "Cut" the actors into the TOS scenery along with Kirk, Spock, etc is just awesome.
  • joshl7889joshl7889 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    im not entirely sure i could pick just 1. Best of Both Worlds for TNG, The Way of the Warrior for DS9, Timeless for VOY and I have to agree with the OP on Terra Prime for ENT.

I cant speak for TOS mostly because i can never make it through more than 2 episodes before i fall asleep sadly, but from the ones that i HAVE seen, I would have to say The Menagerie or City on the Edge of Forever
    *Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
    *Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
    *Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
  • captwinters1701captwinters1701 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    TOS - Tomorrow is Yesterday - First Episode seen, Time Travel, and an F-104 Starfighter :D

TNG - Best of Both Worlds - Far and away best episodes produced in the Star Trek universe

DS9 - Our Man Bashir - too much fun

VOY - ?

ENT - In a Mirror Darkly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The most memorable Star Trek episode? One that we have yet to see here in STO. The TOS Enterprise and its encounter with a giant space amoeba...
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
    edited January 2013
    "The Magnificent Ferengi"

/Signed. The Magnificent Ferengi was a fantastic episode, as was One Little Ship, just for the lines:

"Lock photon torpedoes on that Jem'hadar."
    "Target acquired."
    "Fire!"

For the series, Enterprise, I'd have to agree with so many people here... In A Mirror, Darkly. Go Empress Hoshi!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    bortjinx wrote: »

For the series, Enterprise, I'd have to agree with so many people here... In A Mirror, Darkly. Go Empress Hoshi!!!

Thats one of the reasons I like this one, Hoshi's character always seemed too damn sheepish to me. This gave her some balls! (if you'll pardon the expression :P)
    server_hamster6.png
  • bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
    edited January 2013
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    Thats one of the reasons I like this one, Hoshi's character always seemed too damn sheepish to me. This gave her some balls! (if you'll pardon the expression :P)

Agreed, and my loving those episodes has nothing to do with how TRIBBLE the girls looked in their mirror uniforms... honest :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • forcardassia6forcardassia6 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    TOS: 'Friday's Child' - The scene where McCoy hits Eleen is just priceless. I don't advocate violence against women, but to me the scene was really unexpected when I first saw it and it's kind of stuck in my mind ever since.

TNG: 'Darmok' - The perfect episode of what Trek is all about.

DS9: I have two for DS9. 'Far Beyond the Stars' - Just an amazing episode overall. Avery Brooks pulled off an incredible performance. The second one is 'The Changing Face of Evil'. I came into Trek during the last years of DS9. For some reason I grew a liking to the Cardassians. This episode on a personal level for me was just really epic... you have the destruction of the Defiant.. and then Legate Damar's speech at the end. It gave me chills and I was so on his side.

VOY: 'Real Life' - Just thought it was a really touching story. Reminds you to take advantage of every minute of every day that you have with your loved ones.

ENT: I enjoyed so many but I think for me it has to be 'Shuttlepod One'. Just really enjoyed this episode and the character development Trip and Malcolm got.
    edited January 2013
    bortjinx wrote: »
    Agreed, and my loving those episodes has nothing to do with how TRIBBLE the girls looked in their mirror uniforms... honest :P

oh of course not *cough* ... they look stylish...thats all...*cough* :o in fact I think I need to watch those again just to confirm that ... errr... premise.. :P
    server_hamster6.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I will never forget: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Beyond_the_Farthest_Star

Why? It's the first episode of Star Trek I ever saw. (Albeit in viewmaster form)

I have to say, I loved Countdown. Seeing the NX jetisonned from the cargo bay of the Aquatic ship was a major wow moment. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • lancemeszaroslancemeszaros Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    "I sincerely hope that this is the last time I find myself here."
    "You just don't get it, do you Jean-Luc? The trial never ends. We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizons, and, for one brief moment, you did."
    "When I realized the paradox."
    "Exactly. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you had never considered. That is the exploration that awaits you: not mapping stars or studying nebula, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence."

Darmok, Inner Light, Best of Both Worlds, everything pales in comparison to that scene. That is Star Trek at its finest.
    edited January 2013
    "I sincerely hope that this is the last time I find myself here."
    "You just don't get it, do you Jean-Luc? The trial never ends. We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizons, and, for one brief moment, you did."
    "When I realized the paradox."
    "Exactly. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you had never considered. That is the exploration that awaits you: not mapping stars or studying nebula, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence."

Darmok, Inner Light, Best of Both Worlds, everything pales in comparison to that scene. That is Star Trek at its finest.

How on Earth did I forget "All Good Things"?!?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Most memorable for me, is The Doomsday Machine. I say this not because it's an episode I consider my favorite or the best, but because my earliest memory is of watching Kirk piloting the shuttle into the DM, and being absolutely terrified that he was going to die. :eek: :eek:

Needless to say, I grew up wanting to be a Starfleet Captain... Not wanting to be Kirk, but to be a captain, to have his job, and do the things he did. I was very disappointed when I grew up enough to realize that there was no Starfleet, and NASA is a pretty poor substitute... :(