test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Master Key Sale

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited January 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
From now until 10am PST on Monday, January 28th, we are having a 15% off sale on Master Keys. Now is the perfect time to open the new Dominion Lock Box, or that lock box you've been holding on to in your bank.

Link to the C-Store.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Firstly, I'd like to say thank you...

Then I wanna bat you upside the head, cause I bought a pack yesterday!

<grumble..., grumble..., grumble...>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    awesome. was waiting for something like this to arrive.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Huh. I was literally just about to ask if there was going to be a MK sale.

Sweet.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    what a coincidence!
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hehe, more cheap keys to add to my stash.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the Sale, Cryptic.

So now I take my 15% More Zen Sale Zen, my LTS stipend, and/or my Ultimate Game Cards with Promo Zen I got for Christmas (thanks family and friends) and I buy Master Keys when they are on Sale...

If I'm gonna gamble, I'll do it on the cheap. :D

:cool:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • yamaguchisebetyamaguchisebet Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    From now until 10am PST on Monday, January 28th, we are having a 15% off sale on Master Keys. Now is the perfect time to open the new Dominion Lock Box, or that lock box you've been holding on to in your bank.

Link to the C-Store.

A new Lockbox and another Master Key Sale.

The thing about referring to these as Master Keys, is that they are not "Master Keys", there just keys that are consumed on use.

I know this is a marketing thing, to get money to keep the game running, but I think a revisit on the Item Name is required, it's almost mis-selling.

If it's a "Master Key", it should open ALL Lockboxes and not be consumed.

What should be done, is with each new Lockbox, have a new "Master Key" for that type of Lockbox, and sell a True Master Key for about 2000 Zen, that way you have a key that is not consumed on use and will open all the Lockboxes of that particular type.

Oh and as for Lobi Crystals, there needs to be another way to earn these In Game.

I'm a paying member of the game, so not a F2P expecting something for nothing, just highlighting the clear mistake on call these Master Keys.

Another idea, give you paying members a proper "Master Key" at the start of a Lockbox run that opens all the boxes in the run.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What should be done, is with each new Lockbox, have a new "Master Key" for that type of Lockbox, and sell a True Master Key for about 2000 Zen, that way you have a key that is not consumed on use and will open all the Lockboxes of that particular type.

Ya, do this.
    <snicker>
    :rolleyes:
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm surprised that there is another master key sale so soon. I bought a bunch of keys during the holiday sale and have been saving them for the next lockbox to sell at a markup.

But offering a key sale at the same time as a new lockbox means the price doesn't rise as much - the market gets flooded with keys. I hope this doesn't become the new thing to do whenever a new lockbox is released.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I bet there will be a Zen sale that starts 10am PST on Monday, January 28th. :P
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited January 2013

While an interesting suggestion, such an item if they were to ever make it would probably be sold for at least 10000 Zen.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This is good, I might purchase a few keys to try my luck. But I'm not going to buy a ton of them. To attempt to get the ship. Granted I would love to have it. So we will see. Unless the keys are cheap on the exchange.

I wont blow all my saved up zen for it. Since its going for a new cruiser for my Fed Eng. Capt. or a Tactical Vesta for my Tactical Capt.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As soon as the sale offer started on Master Keys, I transferred money to my PayPal account. This transfer usually takes 1-3 weekdays and if I miss this sale too I won't be in a good mood. Missed out on those sales before..

So please extend the offer PWE.
    signwidrona.png
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited January 2013
  • surek2surek2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Instead of lock box keys if PW wanted to make money why don't they sell Dilithium. Something that's been scaled way back now to earn and with Dilithium requirements sky rocketing on projects why don't you sell Dilithium? something that's more useful.

It doesn't make sense to cut back on dilithium rewards and skyrocket the requirements for dilithium in projects . So, if you sold dilithium youd make more oney than on keys.
  • surek2surek2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Why doesn't PW sell dilithium instead of keys, something that is more useful considering the dilitjium rewards have been drastically reduced and dilithium requirements for projects have skyrocketed
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    surek2 wrote: »
    Why doesn't PW sell dilithium instead of keys, something that is more useful considering the dilitjium rewards have been drastically reduced and dilithium requirements for projects have skyrocketed

Dilithium rewards have been increased. Investigate Officer Reports is repeatable and the new lockbox has dilithium mining claims that let you get 5,000 dilithium per day, in less than 5 minutes.

ZEN on the dilithium exchange keeps dropping in value because every idiot in the community wants to keep undercutting the next guy by 1 dilithium per ZEN. IMO a fair price would be 200 dilithium per ZEN but when you have thousands of people undercutting each other the price quickly approaches zero. The thing is there are more than enough ways to get dilithium, and the ZEN should be worth more, but this cheapskate behavior is ruining the exchange rate. It's purely psychological, and not a problem of availability.

If they sold dilithium on the Z-Store I would be fine with that, as long as it was like 200 or 250 for 1 ZEN. They might as well remove the dilithium exchange after that, though.
  • ferowsiferowsi Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013

The thing about referring to these as Master Keys, is that they are not "Master Keys", there just keys that are consumed on use.

I know this is a marketing thing, to get money to keep the game running, but I think a revisit on the Item Name is required, it's almost mis-selling.

Oh and as for Lobi Crystals, there needs to be another way to earn these In Game.

I'm a paying member of the game, so not a F2P expecting something for nothing, just highlighting the clear mistake on call these Master Keys.

Another idea, give you paying members a proper "Master Key" at the start of a Lockbox run that opens all the boxes in the run.
    If you're breaking keys, you might not have a high enough locking picking skill!

/troll
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Stocked up on 12k zen during the zen sale and just spend it all on 100+ keys, thank!
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hmm, doing the math on spending 20 bucks:

Currently keys are 15.02% off: 2000/956 *10 = 20.92 Master Keys.

If you got 15% bonus Zen after the sale: 2300/1125 *10 = 20.44 Master Keys
    If there was a 15% discount on Zen, you'd essentially be getting 17.65% bonus Zen: 2352.9/1125 *10 = 20.92

If it's a question of cheaper keys or cheaper Zen, you get more bang for your buck taking advantage of the sale.

Of course, ideally you do both:
    15% bonus Zen with the sale: 2300/956*10 = 24.06 Master Keys
    15% discount on Zen with the sale: 2352.9/956*10 = 24.61

If we wait for both the discounts and the sales, we get 20% more keys. Excellent, I've just talked myself out of spending money. :D
  • darrentansley1darrentansley1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    looking good there with the new boxes coming out and now a sale on keys,

can there be a lifetime sub sale soon please
    Trident Gaming community

Recruitment Officer Darren
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just got my money onto PayPal, C-Store here I come! :)
    signwidrona.png
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Semantics. That's all it is, semantics.

Besides, it opens ANY lockbox. Therefore, calling it a "master key" isn't misleading in the slightest.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Here's my reasoning behind not bothering with buying keys:

300 lobi in one character.

200 in another.

100 in another.

last char has 5 and could really use a couple of lobi item from this lockbox set. No others need anything.

if I open 30 boxes burning my dilithium and EC to get 30 keys I get what? minimum 4 lobi each?

120 lobi that IF i open said boxes would be in the char that has 5 lobi. in hopes of maybe getting a few lucky 50 lobi boxes and such.

See how idiotic the lobi bound to character is?

Because of this stupidity im not even buying keys or opening boxes. Its TRIBBLE. The items I want for that one toon dont come in a box and are bind on equip.
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's not TRIBBLE at all.

In case you hadn't noticed you can get free, zero-effot Lobi from a ton of missions now. If they were not bound to character you could pretty much farm Lobi infinitely without the slightest effort at all. With one open slot, farm a few missions, delete character, repeat.

I don't know what's so hard to process about that for some of you, but really. Even for an MMO forum this one is loaded with nonsense.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
This discussion has been closed.