test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wanted: Transwarp to New Romulus

redsoniavrelredsoniavrel Member Posts: 118 Arc User
We want a transwarp to New Romulus button. Well, I do anyway.
Post edited by redsoniavrel on

Comments

• cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't think you'd find many people who would disagree. There's even a TW conduit in orbit around NR. Perhaps there's a Embassy project that opens it up?
  • shar487ashar487a Member Posts: 1,292 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think the Romulan Transwarp gate is an Embassy Unlock...
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I agree. Being that New Romulus is the focus for this Season and for the most part potentially future seasons, being able to transwarp there would allow Starfleet to best help the efforts in Tau Dawa. Yes, the Excelsior can do this but not everyone should have be flying one all the time or have to be in a fleet (if that's the case) to use the gate.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited January 2013
    You can get to New Romulus very quickly via your fleet starbase, assuming they have the upgrade that is...
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    And again a fleet only feature. Sigh...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I hope they just make a new Romulan episode series that has missions that transwarp you to Tau Dewa. That is my ghetto transwarp I use to get everywhere else.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think it would be better if the New Romulus transwarp were a rep unlock instead of an Embassy unlock.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Or they could tie it to diplomatic CXP, because I can get anywhere quickly through my TW to ESD, SB39, DSK7, and DS9 but Tau Dewa has no TWs near it. Me want.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yes I agree with this.
  • kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    You can get to New Romulus very quickly via your fleet starbase, assuming they have the upgrade that is...

Yeah, its a perk of the fleets that did the work to earn it. You've got to give some perks to fleets who dump tons of resources into building an embassy.
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited January 2013
    kingdoxy wrote: »
    Yeah, its a perk of the fleets that did the work to earn it. You've got to give some perks to fleets who dump tons of resources into building an embassy.

We have almost finished our Embassy :D
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's pretty obvious that this should be the reward when completing the Romulan Reputation tiers.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There is a way to get to Tau Dewa without a fleet:

The RA and Fleet level Excelsiors both can transwarp to Tau Dewa, along with the consumable transwarp items can also do that.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • hanski55hanski55 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    yes i think it would be nice to have a TW conduit to NR
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Feds can just constantly have the mission "War is good For Business" in their active queue; Costs a mere 300 EC to TW to the Celes system, which is right on the border of the Regulus/Tau Dewa blocks.

KDF can take one of the Romulan FES episodes (or Alpha), but those TWs are more costly at somewhere around 5000 EC.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    shar487a wrote: »
    I think the Romulan Transwarp gate is an Embassy Unlock...

The Unlock is a shuttle that transports you to the Embassy from the Starbase.

Though given Tier 4 people are Federation Ambassadors, you think that you would have a Romulus Transwarp to an Embassy.
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You can also use the Fleet Starbase's transwarp gateway to warp to the Gateway system right on the border of Tau Dewa. Just go forward a bit, warp across the border, and it puts you almost directly south of New Romulus. That's how I usually get there.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    cptvanor wrote: »
    I don't think you'd find many people who would disagree. There's even a TW conduit in orbit around NR. Perhaps there's a Embassy project that opens it up?

This is, as they say, a no brainer. Make it so Cryptic.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There is also the Romulan Ambassador hanging out in front of Admiral Quinn office, who has a quest to go there with a Questlog-Transwarp button... for just a few thousand EC (enough that i'd rather fly).

The ambassador also hangs out on Quonos in the great hall.

jkstocbr wrote: »
    It's pretty obvious that this should be the reward when completing the Romulan Reputation tiers.

that is a bit late don't you think? once you are done you have not much reason to go there anymore (Eppoh tagging aside).

I do not Transwarp that often to my Fleet Starbase so the shuttle to take me there is still a long way.

press button > load Fleetbase Space > load Fleetbase interior > stand on TRANSPORTER PAD and click button to take SHUTTLE to Embassy > load Embassy Shuttlebay > load Embassy Lobby > load New Romulus > walk to transporter pad > beam to Eppoh Fields....

yah that is MUCH FASTER than just flying there 3 sectors at warp 20-30 ...

(and keep in mind that your fleetbase and embassy are new zones that take a LONG time loading).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    We want a transwarp to New Romulus button. Well, I do anyway.

Absolutely agree there. Too right.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Actually.... there are two shortcuts already.

-embassies have a shuttle feature that lets you move from your Starbase to the Embassy.
    -some of the destinations of SB Transwarp gates are very near Tau Dewa.

But it would be nice to have this as an official TW destination.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg