test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate Problem

Comments

• leoll2leoll2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have the same problem! Everytime I try to open the launcher, it doesn't work!
    P2W means Play To Win

Archimede - Leader and Founder of "Raiders of Starfleet"
    ...and 21 other characters!
  • ursamajoraursamajora Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've had the same issue since the servers went back up, I had the launcher pulled up and the patch was downloaded but had to close it. From that point forward I've been unable to get it back up. I can't even get the C-store pulled up.
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Have you all tried to replace your launcher as per this stickied topic: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=505501

While the OP says Jan 4th, Branflakes said the link in the OP delivers the latest launcher.
  • mkilczewskimkilczewski Member Posts: 284
    edited January 2013
    How can you play the game, without the launcher?
  • harlequinpixieharlequinpixie Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yep, just found it here after googling it http://files.startrekonline.com/launcher/Star%20Trek%20Online.exe
  • lynomanlynoman Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    That fixed it for me, thanks.
  • andyslashandyslash Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Woohoo Star Trek Offline!
  • bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Considering the launcher attempts to patch itself every time you desire to play, one would think the launcher is always the latest version. But it's Cryptic. This should be expected.
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • ursamajoraursamajora Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It somehow started up again? I downloaded the updated launcher a few times with no success and now out of nowhere everything is golden? Weird.
  • culatoriculatori Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    5 mins before the STA dilithium event I warp back to Sol space and.....boom! server not responding.

Quit out and quelle suprise...

7 55 ms 24 ms 16 ms popl-bb-1a-ae7-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.105.159.185]
    8 9 ms 18 ms 11 ms popl-tmr-1-ae4-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.105.159.2]
    9 28 ms 16 ms 18 ms amst-ic-1-as0-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.105.175.6]
    10 17 ms 26 ms 17 ms te0-7-0-10.ccr21.ams04.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.15.5]
    11 18 ms 18 ms 19 ms te0-2-0-3.mpd22.ams03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.36.133]
    12 27 ms 29 ms 28 ms te0-1-0-2.ccr21.lpl01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.37.78]
    13 93 ms 92 ms 91 ms te0-3-0-3.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.1.157]
    14 100 ms 89 ms 110 ms te3-2.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.130]
    15 * * * Request timed out.
    16 * * * Request timed out.
    17 ^C

Are Cryptic EVER going to do anything about this? I'm getting about 1 successful connect for every 4 attempts when I try and play.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    The launcher was updated today, so if you are experiencing any troubles with it updating, please download the latest version of it here: http://files.startrekonline.com/launcher/Star%20Trek%20Online.exe

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Launcher not responding, yet again.

Joke time;

Have you tried candlelight, wine, and some Barry White?
    <3
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The launcher was updated today, so if you are experiencing any troubles with it updating, please download the latest version of it here: http://files.startrekonline.com/launcher/Star%20Trek%20Online.exe

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

No Offense Brandon, but if players are having to do this every time the launcher gets updated, something has to be screwed up.

Considering I was able to get on, after maintenance, today for an hour or so. Now I'm having to d/l the new installer as well now, some 4-5 hours later. That's got to tell you something, I would think.

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • andyslashandyslash Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    just got this TRIBBLE too. Type in password to log in, get stuck at loading launcher. best patch yet
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    tymersto wrote: »
    No Offense Brandon, but if players are having to do this every time the launcher gets updated, something has to be screwed up.

Considering I was able to get on, after maintenance, today for an hour or so. Now I'm having to d/l the new installer as well now, some 4-5 hours later. That's got to tell you something, I would think.

Thank you for the time...

99.99% of players do not have to, but for some reason, some do -- we're trying to track down why this is, but in the meantime, players affected may need to update manually when we push a new launcher (as we did this afternoon). Thanks for your patience as we work to resolve the issue.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • dahlahrdahlahr Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    99.99% of players do not have to, but for some reason, some do -- we're trying to track down why this is, but in the meantime, players affected may need to update manually when we push a new launcher (as we did this afternoon). Thanks for your patience as we work to resolve the issue.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I agree with Brandon this only happens to some of us. It is a quick fix if you know what to do. You just have to manually update is all. So cheer up! I have this problem from time to time to something we just deal with.
  • zyclon5zyclon5 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    mrhitchens wrote: »
    My launcher says I need 5466 MB, so how are you able to play after only downloading 960?

Mine said 3200 megs.
  • mrhitchensmrhitchens Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    After the last patch my launcher now says 9859 MB, bah
    I reach for the stars, but still touch my own heart
  • welshantwelshant Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm also gettin this Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate issue and having issue's connecting to the web site i tryed a ping test on the patch server but get's request timed out but can launch the launcher if im connected to my mobile phone network but not home broadband i also tryed replaceing my StartrekOnline.exe with the one supplyed by branflakes but no go with that i tryed shuttin off my firewall for a min to let the launcher run still no go if any 1 found a way around this with out killing off my mobile network allowance please say how.

EDIT: Tryed a few things

1. Port forwarding.. outcome still the same
    2. Reinstall of game... outcome still the same
    3. will try a reset of my router to see if that helps as a IP change failed
    4. Shut down firewall and anti-virus.... outcome still the same

EDIT 2: tryed a reset of router to factory settings and still no go tryed a tracert and 12 to 30 request timed out

Any help would be great.
    Kirk level 50 Sci FED

Proxen Level 50 Tac KDF

Nero Level 50 Eng Romulan Allied with KDF
    edited January 2013
    Fast uploading at last, thx. GL to others

---
    edit; reset after getting 66.7%, it was stuck for like 15 mins. Is that normal?
  • vidiannavidianna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I also am having this issue. It started when I was doing my DIL dailies. Now I can't even get back in. Trying a reinstall hoping it will fix the problem. And I also tried the updated launcher Brandon recommended. Still unable to connect to patchserver EDIT: Reinstalled and still have the same problem. :( Even tried restarting internet modem and still nothing. :( I even tried going through STEAM and still get the same problem: Unable to connect to patch server. Anyone else having this problem?
    :confused:
    edited January 2013
    Now got the problem of account linking. Says my account is already linked to another account, bah!
  • vidiannavidianna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't know if it is just me, but I am having ALOT of trouble trying to get the patch to autoupdate. I have reinstalled the game restarted everything and allowed it through my firewall. and all I get is Launcher PCL error idle too long I even tried the latest launcher. Anyone else having this problem. I would like to know it isn't just me. Thanks in advance

Vidianna
  • culatoriculatori Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You mean...if the launcher is out of date...then IP routing to your network fails?

Wait - if the launcher being out of date means it cant connect, then how does it connect to update itself?

And how does it manage to connect a few hours later without having changed at all and then work for a few hours or maybe a day or two without updating?

And how - when I downloaded the latest version of the launcher yesterday just to prove a point - did I get exactly the same error with the shiny new updated launcher that should have worked?

I suppose its sheer coincidence that if I can run an IP traceroute to the Cryptic network then STO works, and every time the launcher fails to connect is when the IP traceroute stops at a Cogent router, as detailed in my previous post?
  • hahaman4realhahaman4real Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    mrhitchens wrote: »
    What only takes 2 minutes? The patch update?
    ya we werent talking about the actual game patch but the launcher patch....n also i just had to download 760mb for the game patch dont know how everybody's download size different
  • valkarie14valkarie14 Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As the title suggests it wont load at all, my internet connection is fine and i have looked and there is maintenance but i cant find where the UK is on that list so i have no idea what time it is meant to be down for me, any help?
  • arwed1arwed1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    yeah same by me and maintenance is in 90 min.:mad: