test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where's the accolade benifit?

kiingdouglaskiingdouglas Member Posts: 10 Arc User
It's really annoying. gaining accolades are now a hinderence. What do you do when the more you play , the more limited you are? It's not right that those of us who have been playing , spending time, money and effort to build toons are nerfed out. and who is to blame for this, the devs? or the newbs who complain that they get beaten instead of taking time to go through all the things that that make great toons? we shouldn't be punished for being stronger players that ones who are on a month and then disappear. our accolades and passives should be given back to us.
Post edited by kiingdouglas on

Comments

• Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Let me know when that will ever happen, as we are not the ones who run the show. Just our money does.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Whoa! Back up a second. When were our accolade perks taken from us? :confused:
  • Options
    cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I'm wondering the same thing. Even checked the latest patch notes and there's nothing in there about that.
  • Options
    eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

As far as I know, they have not been. If I was able to log in right now, it would take me all of 10 seconds to be sure. Character sheet, one of the 4 "tabs" showing your stats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i don't understand what the OP is talking about?

how are accolades a hindrance?

what does this have to do with new and old players?

this thread makes no sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    that's the thing you will see in patch notes .oh btw your passives have been nerfed ...thank you for playing, yes your accolades are still listed as there but the passives from those go away after you pass a point in collecting them . and this has only been since season 7
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    that's the thing you will see in patch notes .oh btw your passives have been nerfed ...thank you for playing, yes your accolades are still listed as there but the passives from those go away after you pass a point in collecting them . and this has only been since season 7

If they're in the patch notes, show us.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    brigadooom wrote: »
    If they're in the patch notes, show us.

your a quick one aren't you
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    your a quick one aren't you

Interesting patch notes you've got there. The onus is still on you.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'll bite...

How do you know for sure, that they have been taken away?

I got yer snide remark about this NOT being put in the Patch Notes...

But what proof do you have of this actually happening?

Show Us The Money!!
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    jcp26jcp26 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    why are you veterans arguing with an ensign? Just ignore the silly redshirt. He will die soon enough anyway.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    But do you have any specific examples you can cite?

For instance, I've been playing my Sci since launch and have over 11k accolades on that character. I have picked up pretty much all of the space based damage resist accolades (probably all of the ground too). When I compare the base damage resist stats of my Sci to my Engineer (who only has 5k accolades) my Sci has higher base damage resistance to all energy types.

Or are you just speculating this will happen at some point?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    brigadooom wrote: »
    Interesting patch notes you've got there. The onus is still on you.

maybe so. but tell me, have you gained all the accolades?
  • Options
    edited January 2013

What the devil kind of answer is that???

I have about 95% of all the Accolades available since launch on my original toon...

And they all still show up in my Passive Listings on that toon.

Please, give me some definitive proof that none of them are working.

Or are you saying that you just can't find the listing anymore?
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    But do you have any specific examples you can cite?

For instance, I've been playing my Sci since launch and have over 11k accolades on that character. I have picked up pretty much all of the space based damage resist accolades (probably all of the ground too). When I compare the base damage resist stats of my Sci to my Engineer (who only has 5k accolades) my Sci has higher base damage resistance to all energy types.

Or are you just speculating this will happen at some point?

my stats still look good too, but have you noticed that things like your shields will drop easier now. I have and so have alot of the others I play with
  • Options
    edited January 2013

They've been pretty upfront about nerfs to stuff in this game, so if they were going to nerf accolades then they'd say so, it would be in a patch note you could point to.

You however seem to be unable to do so, so again it's up to you to prove this actually happens.

If you have all the accolades then show us a screenshot of your character with the accolades passives no longer being listed there. Unless you can do that, then you simply have no proof what so ever to your claims, and that pretty much leaves the only possible conclusion being that you're simply a troll.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    my stats still look good too, but have you noticed that things like your shields will drop easier now. I have and so have alot of the others I play with

LoL ...

So..., you dying quicker now-a-days, automatically equates to an Accolade Nerf ???

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    who said I die?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I play almost exclusively on elite and haven't noticed any overall difference in mob toughness. The only exception being Tholians. In space they use a combo of Tetryon and energy dampening torps that could cause shield issues. On the ground they use radioactive/toxic attacks and the devs love to spawn Commander level baddies in with a Captain too. Other than that...
  • Options
    jcp26jcp26 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Again, HE'S AN ENSIGN! A REDSHIRT! You guys are Vets! I'd take what you say over him anyday. Just let him rant until some random alien kills him. That is what happens to ensigns. Makes you wonder where all of the Lieutenants and Lieutenant Commanders come from.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    maybe you guys haven't seen it but I have and so have some of the ones I game with.this thread isn't to troll . this thread is for me to find the answer. it wasn't a gradual change it was an instant change. and I do consider all possiblities. if your hear for more than just trolling threads. find me in the game and give me a hand
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    and if you are here just to troll threads then find me in game for 1v1 and you can blow up ship easy ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2013

From memory I have a fair few accolades, but no, I've not gained every accolade that there is. Your point?
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    TBH, it just sounds like somebody missed the patch notes from where they fixed the Elite Fleet Shields...TBH.
  • Options
    happymarvinhappymarvin Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2013

If I recall correctly they did some tweaking to shields months ago, but that had nothing, zero, zilch, to do with the accolade passives...

So, what's the point of this thread again?
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. If hyou've got the combat log data to back up these anecdotal claims, post them. Hard data that can be parsed is good evidence. 'Noticing' your shields seem to drop faster, isn't.

And why are others in this thread asking you to present your hard evidence? Because you're the person making these claims.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I'm not using fleet shields
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I'm not using fleet shields

And you have still not offered anything even remotely resembling proof of your claim.

Even if your shields were going down faster then you think they should, which is a highly subjective thing... The idea that somehow accolades being nerfed, would be far from the first thing to look into.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just checked and still have the passives obtained from accolades. Whether they work or not, I don't know since I haven't done any tests on them.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    *eats popcorn*

I need pictures.
    GwaoHAD.png