test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Federation prisoners

warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Duty Officer System and R&D
The federation needs some worthwhile way to use non-dominion Prisoner doffs.

"Negotiate Prisoner Exchange" is too rare and only tends to give green doffs. "Transfer Prisoners to Starfleet Command" has practically no reward at all.

And thats it. Klingon side can trade them for dilithium or GPL in bulk, in addition to the occasional prisoner exchange. Starfleet has only the rare prisoner exchanges or giving them up for free.
Post edited by warpangel on

Comments

• connortreeves67connortreeves67 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yes, i've always been disapointed in the lack of variety in that. Plus there is only so many times i can put up with just only interregating them :-)
  • mbp101287mbp101287 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, things are actually pretty well balanced given the fact that feds also have fewer opportunities to gain prisoners. Many missions which are only available to kdf also can reward prisoners.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They need to up the reward for Exchanging them.

My Brig is always full for some reason.

It's an EXCHANGE... They should give us at the very least, a random Green Fed DOff for the two Klink Prisoners.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    mbp101287 wrote: »
    Well, things are actually pretty well balanced given the fact that feds also have fewer opportunities to gain prisoners. Many missions which are only available to kdf also can reward prisoners.
    While you certainly won't get the same volume as with a Klingon, the fact that you can rarely make any use of them makes it trivially easy to fill up your brig as a Fed.

Military Offensive gives you 3 on crit and its not that hard to crit. And you can run several Military Offensives simultaneously. At least 4. They're almost always available near the Klingon corner of the map. It'll probably take at least a week or two to get rid of just 3 of them, if you don't want to give them to Starfleet for free.

The Fed prisoner turn-in is a bad joke. You would a better reward in the same time by running "treat minor injuries" twice, and it wouldn't cost you two prisoners either.

BTW, turning in prisoners to KDF gives you 100 dilithium per prisoner. More if you use sector-space "forced labor" assignments. Turning them in to Starfleet gives you 2.5. Fair much?
  • aestuaestu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Naturalize Enemy Alien
    The Diplomatic Corps have asked you to assign some of your officers to facilitate the naturalization of a former enemy alien as a Federation citizen, by way of inculation with Federation ideology and massive infusions of root beer.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Advisor, Counselor (Critical Success: Tactful, Congenial, Founders of the Federation; Failure: Unscrupulous, Aggressive; Disaster: Unruly, Stubborn)

Any Civilian (Critical Success: Tactful, Congenial, Founders of the Federation; Success: Chef, Bartender, Entertainer; Failure: Unscrupulous, Aggressive; Disaster: Unruly, Stubborn)

Any Doff (Critical Success: Tactful, Congenial, Founders of the Federation; Success: Chef, Bartender, Entertainer; Failure: Unscrupulous, Aggressive; Disaster: Unruly, Stubborn)

Prisoner (Critical Success: Peaceful, Teamwork; Failure: Unruly, Stubborn; Disaster: Unruly, Stubborn)

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Critical Success
    The former enemy alien made profound friendships with the officers who introduced him to Federation culture, and has requested to be assigned to your vessel.

Success
    The former enemy alien has successfully integrated into life in the Federation.

Failure
    The culture shock of adjusting to Federation life proved too great for the enemy alien. The disaffected prisoner was returned to the Starfleet POW camp.

Disaster
    Your officers' perceived arrogance and lack of respect for the enemy alien's mother culture led to his becoming involved in organized crime and subversive activities.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • p2wsucksp2wsucks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Iirc, this is mirrored by the KDF having little means to get Refugees for Refugee mission exchanges. Idk if it's balanced or not, but it shouldn't be thought of in isolation to other Doff mission opportunities.
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    "Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
    C&H Fed banter
    edited January 2013
    p2wsucks wrote: »
    Iirc, this is mirrored by the KDF having little means to get Refugees for Refugee mission exchanges. Idk if it's balanced or not, but it shouldn't be thought of in isolation to other Doff mission opportunities.
    KDF refugees are too rare, yes. They should get refugees off support assignments like Feds do.

But KDF still has no problem using refugees. You won't get a situation where you hit the cap and can't claim the reward from an assignment because you haven't found a way to use the previous rewards yet.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    warpangel wrote: »
    The federation needs some worthwhile way to use non-dominion Prisoner doffs.

"Negotiate Prisoner Exchange" is too rare and only tends to give green doffs. "Transfer Prisoners to Starfleet Command" has practically no reward at all.

And thats it. Klingon side can trade them for dilithium or GPL in bulk, in addition to the occasional prisoner exchange. Starfleet has only the rare prisoner exchanges or giving them up for free.

I've recently started doing the repeatable "Recruit Additional Labor..." missions (available after completing the Karemman and Paradan Colonial Team chains . I use it as a way to clear out those non-Klingon prisoners, common and uncommon civilians, etc. The great thing is it takes those green Entertainment holograms that have been lying around for months that you can't use, and they even have a crit trait.

Not fantastic rewards, but with 5 common prisoners, I got 125 dilithium and 1773 development xp on crit.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
    edited January 2013
    That's a good idea in principle, but the problem is, the assignment in question doesn't give rewards better than any number of other missions.

Another problem is that the civilians/prisoners donated to the mission affect the reward bonus modifier based on their rarity, just like any other doffs sent on any mission, regardless of whether they're consumed or not. Since the prisoners/holos donated are common quality, the modifier is much worse than any number of missions with multiple slots for purple doffs.

Perhaps this should be changed - perhaps doffs to be consumed by a mission should award a substantial bonus to the reward modifier on the order of non-consumed purples.

As-is, the labor recruitment mission just isn't worthwhile, period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    I've recently started doing the repeatable "Recruit Additional Labor..." missions (available after completing the Karemman and Paradan Colonial Team chains . I use it as a way to clear out those non-Klingon prisoners, common and uncommon civilians, etc. The great thing is it takes those green Entertainment holograms that have been lying around for months that you can't use, and they even have a crit trait.

Not fantastic rewards, but with 5 common prisoners, I got 125 dilithium and 1773 development xp on crit.
    And 125 dil and 1773 CXP is little for critting a 20 hour assignment. Fact is 125 is the smallest amount of dil you can get for critting any assignment (except the special ones that give no dil, obviously).

That assignment is still giving them away for free, and you're better off using the assignment slot for something else. Hell, you could use it to run "Treat minor injuries" 40 times, and get 200 dil in that 20 hours, even with no crits. And more CXP too, even with white doffs.
  • desertjetsdesertjets Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It would be nice to have more options with fed prisoners. I have a Nausican right now that has both of the failure traits for negotiate prisoner exchange. Tried it twice so far and had him come back twice. Ran it again last night so I'll see if I got lucky.

I did try last week to see if I could use him in the holographic performance of Hamlet -- would have been cool if I could.
    edited February 2013
    It's PWE. Would be only sensible that political prisoners can be forced to work on media productions at gunpoint =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    warpangel wrote: »
    And 125 dil and 1773 CXP is little for critting a 20 hour assignment. Fact is 125 is the smallest amount of dil you can get for critting any assignment (except the special ones that give no dil, obviously).

That assignment is still giving them away for free, and you're better off using the assignment slot for something else. Hell, you could use it to run "Treat minor injuries" 40 times, and get 200 dil in that 20 hours, even with no crits. And more CXP too, even with white doffs.

I completely agree there needs to be better rewards and ways to get rid of prisoners. I was just stating that instead of dismissing them, I started to run this mission because it gets rid of them (and other commons) and I get a **very little** something. I thought I might be able to get rid of some bound uncommon green civilians, but they keep critting and don't go away, so it's useless for that. :rolleyes:

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
    edited February 2013
    You are getting less than nothing because discarding your doffs in this way is less profitable than filling that slot with some other assignment.

It's like that old mimeograph that costs more to throw away than it's worth to sell, so you just keep the thing in your basement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • connortreeves67connortreeves67 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There should be a chain that comes up if you crit interrogate prisonder, that then allow you to transfer him to starfleet intelligence, for further intelligence gathering. :D
  • kublahkankublahkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sooo....

Klingons get more prisoners than Feds...
    This means that the Federation does not take prisoners??

What kind of messed-up world is this?
    I like it!
    "Starship captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want."
    - Scotty, to La Forge
  • sinnaj63sinnaj63 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kublahkan wrote: »
    Sooo....

Klingons get more prisoners than Feds...
    This means that the Federation does not take prisoners??

What kind of messed-up world is this?
    I like it!

Klingons raid everything they see, and take very few prisoners. But they are stacking up massvily.