test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

so I can have a jem'hadar warship but not a romulan warbird?

2»

Comments

• captiandata1captiandata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    maybe it could be possible that new romulas night have a few ships to defend themselves from the tal se'yar and and tal sh' yar might want war with new romulas. with new romulas few ships to defend themselve they offer the blue prints and designs to both the klinongs and starfleet to build ships to be bought on the cstore.

of course the tal sh' yar would be mad the the klinongs and starfleet be flying around in any romulan ships expecially in the defence of new romulas.

bonus for all romulan ships classes can enter into the vult sector no shuttle restriction.
  • captiandata1captiandata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    cryptic please launch romulam ships on the cstore.

the type b warbird d' deridex class
    tos bird of prey
    early bird of prey
    st nenesis/sto valdore/mogai
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm in more favor of the faction. They have plenty of ships to choose from. So it can be done. Plus you can do a Reman as well. Since they basically share the same ships in game. It will be a different skin type.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm rather astonished people actually think there's a chance in the world there will be a Romulan faction.

Seriously? Let it go.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    this utterly makes no sense - can I please have my romulan warbird - i do not want a jem'hadar warship.
    It makes perfect sense if there are long-term plans to include the Romulans as the third faction. Otherwise (if these plans are not to be) then they'll be saving the best for last, and the Warbird will be released as a later lock box reward.

If it isn't Romulans soon (be that a faction, or lock box) it'll be interesting to see what they throw into the next lock box. All the major species have been covered, so it'll be onto the minor species next. I'm thinking Son'a.
    I could actually see them being able to pull off a Warbird lockbox and still be able to make a Romulan faction. Since there were different types of Warbirds, the actual faction would get the most powerful ones, while Feds and Klinks would get a less powerful one from the boxes.
    If this were to be the case, the only ship we'd realistically see in a box is the Bird of Prey (shared by D'Tan for use by the FED & KDF). None of the Tau Dewa Sectors have D'Tans people in Warbirds, it's Birds of Prey all the way.

Personally, I think we will get a Romulan faction. Cryptic knows that we all want one, we've been asking since launch, so it has to be on the cards at least. It might not be Season 8 (I'd be amazed if it is) but I'd equally be surprised if we didn't have an official mention of an in production Romulan Faction by Season 10, if not the release of a Romulan faction by Season 10.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    I'm rather astonished people actually think there's a chance in the world there will be a Romulan faction.

Seriously? Let it go.

I'm rather astonished people actually think there's a chance in the world there will be Romulan ships for feds. I presume you are all fed players. I've yet to meet a KDF player who actually wants what we already sort of have. Romulan ships are not really different from Klingon ships, except for the looks.
  • mercurythefirstmercurythefirst Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Other than the Cardassians in DS9 and the Vulans in Enterprise.

...And the Kazon in Voyager.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    bloodpact.net

"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it."

-Michelangelo
  • synkr0nizedsynkr0nized Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    huh
    What Dominion ship was coming out in May 2012?
    eisenw0lf wrote: »
    I've yet to meet a KDF player who actually wants what we already sort of have. Romulan ships are not really different from Klingon ships, except for the looks.

Hello!
    Having the D'deridex skin on a cruiser or whatever, even if it does perform like existing KDF cruisers, would be fine with me. I've always preferred Romulan designs. Of course, my KDF are in BoPs and carriers mostly, so hmm. I guess I would be more interested in one for fed characters.
    _______
    equal parts cynical and helpful
  • kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    I still think we can have a Romulan faction. But I also do not see why lockbox ships of a given faction would prevent the faction to come into existence.

It would defeat the point of its existence. Let's say you play KDF today but Fed is your main. Suddenly all the ships available to KDF are now available through lockboxes, and by extension the EC store, to Fed players. What would encourage you to play your KDF toon?

Now imagine they launch a new faction where all the best ships are already available to Fed and KDF players. How many people are going to roll a Romulan, in the case of silver players sacrificing their only additional character slot, if they can get all the content on their main toons?
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This thread is an ancient artifact (after no posts for 30 days or more) and it must now be put in the thread museum where it can be forgotten by everyone except thread archaeologists.

Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies just report it and avoid posting in it.

Please bear in mind that re-posting in "necro'd" threads is considered a form of spamming.

Note that you're more than welcome to start a new thread on the topic (unless there is an existing thread on the topic that has received a post within the last 30 days, in which case you can just continue to post in that thread)! :)

Live Long and Prosper,
    Bluegeek
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.