test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about special Breen starbase project

latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So, what happens if the project does not get filled before the winter event ends? I assume the 'collectibles' will no longer be available after the event.

Comments

• borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2012
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6929281&postcount=66
    We will have an in-game solution for Fleets that find themselves in this situation, either towards the end of the event or after it is over. You will not end up stuck with the project, don't worry.

Hope that answers the question.

Additionally, the Collectible items themselves will not vanish at the end of the Event. It's likely you'll still be able to find them on the Exchange and such. Only the method of obtaining new ones will go away when the Event ends.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thank you!!
    edited December 2012
    you turn in extra stuff at GPL console
  • quintoniousquintonious Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So it sounds like this won't be like the other special limited-time Dilithium-based Starbase enhancement projects, where once you start it you have all the time in the world to complete it - interesting. Good thing the Winter Commodities are tradeable this year then!
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So it sounds like this won't be like the other special limited-time Dilithium-based Starbase enhancement projects, where once you start it you have all the time in the world to complete it - interesting. Good thing the Winter Commodities are tradeable this year then!

Sounds more like finish this project before the event ends or it will cost dilithium to finish it off. So get 75% of it done means that it will cost 50,000 dilithium to finish it off.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yep the event where you can gain a lot of GPL the most worthless currency in the game :(
  • blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    All my toons have GPL on their teeth, so it's not that worthless.
    download.jpg
    edited December 2012
    Currently for Starbase limited projects is the Works of Art project that expires next week and the Winter project that requires 250 of each type of winter ornament. Many fleets won't be able to finish this project in three weeks. Resulting in many fleets missing out on the next project if they want to do it. My question is will there be another starbase limited project starting next week or do we have a holiday from the 200,000 dilithium Starbase projects until next year so we can take our time on the Winter Limited Project?
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Good question.

I also have to wonder about fleets failing to complete the Winter Limited Project prior to the end of the Event. Since there currently is no way to cancel a project, fleets wouldn't have any choice but to wait til the next Winter Event or Cryptic adding the ability to cancel projects.
    edited December 2012
    The best thing they could do would be drop the requirements to 100. I assume after the Winter event ends, they will change the requirements to something more available. Magic ball is saying dilithium. So if you get 75% of the project done, then 50,000 dilithium would be needed to finish it off. This is under the assumption that the project is worth 200,000 dilithium like all other limited projects.
    edited December 2012
    See there was another thread and merged it.

Hope that answers the question.

Additionally, the Collectible items themselves will not vanish at the end of the Event. It's likely you'll still be able to find them on the Exchange and such. Only the method of obtaining new ones will go away when the Event ends.

Sure these items able to be put on the Exchange? I just did a search and didn't find any (surely someone would've put them on the exchange by now). And I used the items themselves, so I wouldn't have a typo problem.

Second, (providing these items are on the exchange), surely people would be price gouging to the point of madness, knowing fleets will be needing these to complete projects.

So why not have the Latinum Counter allow you to purchase the missing items after the Event is over?
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    See there was another thread and merged it.

Sure these items able to be put on the Exchange? I just did a search and didn't find any (surely someone would've put them on the exchange by now). And I used the items themselves, so I wouldn't have a typo problem.

I found many on the exchange, BUT, they are NOT cheap - the sleigh bells are currentyl going for 380K each, for one. They are there, but because the event just started, people are buying them off the exchange very fast.

Wait for the event to get rolling mid december, hopefully prices will decline as peopel acquire more of these Holidays trinkets.

What gets me though, is why make those boxes that are purchased from teh ferengi "BOUND." There is no logical reason for doing so. Un-bind them and allow it for players to sell on the exchange.
    Second, (providing these items are on the exchange), surely people would be price gouging to the point of madness, knowing fleets will be needing these to complete projects.

It is already happening, thats why CRYPTIC need to at least increase trinket drop rates "OR" make other means to acquire more. Un-Bind the Trinket Boxes

So why not have the Latinum Counter allow you to purchase the missing items after the Event is over?

hopefully they will implement this after the event is done and over with.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • astrasiaastrasia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Has anyone seen any update on info about this? I've seen they added the ability to trade in holiday items for gpl, but I have yet to see anything about the problem of being able to finish the event. Lobi crystals and the exchange are the only way to get the items needed at this point and that's not going to be possible for a lot to complete. I saw something about the 31st being the last day for holiday items, but that's also the last day for the new event, that doesn't seem right.
  • finnwolfefinnwolfe Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yes, I want to see the promised "in-game solution" for losing the winter project and asap, as my fleet is nowhere near finishing it but we very much DO want our Ferasans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It isn't fun until someone loses an eye."
    ~ ancient klingon proverb
    edited January 2013
    Maybe the devs consider the exchange and lobi store as viable methods to get the winter commodities.
    edited January 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Maybe the devs consider the exchange and lobi store as viable methods to get the winter commodities.

No offense, but with the price-gouging on the exchange and the cost to get lobi crystals, along with the high project requirements, I don't consider either one a viable medium for attempting to complete the winter project.

Besides which, what the dev said was we would "not be stuck with the project":

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainhookerscaptainhookers Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Better start saving your ECs to buy christmas junk! The bad news is that its actually more expensive during and after boxing day! LOL. Otherwise it looks like we are stuck with it until next year. At least there are plenty for sale on the exchange!
  • titus1608titus1608 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    seriously, what did you do during the event?

There was plenty of time during the event to get 250 of each.

I helped with my FED fleet and we had it pretty quick with only 3-5 guys.

Plus I filled the project on the KDF side MYSELF, without help from anybody and without buying them from the exchange.

All it took was to start some of these winter doff missions each day and hope for a critical.

I feel everybody who started this project and didn't fill it deserves to be punished :D

If you had been smart you would have started an external collection, like I did for the KDF fleet.
    I only started the project AFTER I got 250 of everything on my bank.
    I know it takes some projectmanaging if multiple persons are saving up, but its do-able, for example put everything on the fleetbank first. Those commodities didnt gave much fleetcredits and crybabies hadn't much to cry about if they couldnt put it in themselfes.
    edited January 2013
    titus1608 wrote: »

I helped with my FED fleet and we had it pretty quick with only 3-5 guys.

Plus I filled the project on the KDF side MYSELF, without help from anybody and without buying them from the exchange.

All it took was to start some of these winter doff missions each day and hope for a critical.

I feel everybody who started this project and didn't fill it deserves to be punished :D

If you had been smart you would have started an external collection, like I did for the KDF fleet.
    I only started the project AFTER I got 250 of everything on my bank.
    I know it takes some projectmanaging if multiple persons are saving up, but its do-able, for example put everything on the fleetbank first. Those commodities didnt gave much fleetcredits and crybabies hadn't much to cry about if they couldnt put it in themselfes.

Well you're certainly entitled to your opinions and "feelings" (even if they could be considered elitist and offensive), but some of us do have priorities outside of STO gaming, and the fact remains the devs said we would not be stuck with the winter mission.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • titus1608titus1608 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    finnwolfe wrote: »
    Well you're certainly entitled to your opinions and "feelings" (even if they could be considered elitist and offensive), but some of us do have priorities outside of STO gaming, and the fact remains the devs said we would not be stuck with the winter mission.

Just tell me whats "elitist" about starting some winter doff missions?

It took a minute to start the 2 winter missions available in the academy or ESD area.
    Or about 2 minutes for the 2-4 missions available in Q Winter wonder land.
    Most of them only had a duration of 4 hours and one 8h and one 24h. They had no cooldown.
    If you walked through all 3 areas you hab about 5 or 6 missions.

The event was on 40 Days. 250 / 40 = 6,25
    There where 6 types of commodities: 6 x 6,25 = 37,5

This would mean a SINGLE person would need about 38 commodities a day.

A critical doff mission yielded about 4-8
    Participating in the snowmen event would yield 4-10 too.

Remember, thats only if ONE person does it alone...
    Should be a piece of cake for 2 or 3 people.
    edited January 2013
    Look, while some people were able to do it solo and some large fleets were able to complete it easily, doesn't mean everyone else was able to complete it.

Ever think that some small fleets, people were aiming to purchase all the new items in the winter store prior to committing their resources to putting it into the Starbase Project? Then factoring that some people had responsiblities outside of STO that may not have let them farm as much those who botted?

And the Devs did say that there will be other opportunities to finish up projects. Now if he was refering to them adding a special console or expecting us to buy them off the exchange, that remains to be seen. But if it's the later, they surely forgot to account for human greed and taking advantage by price gouging.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I'm glad I'm in a large enough fleet to not have to worry about this. I was on vacation for a large chunk of the break, which means I didn't help much at all. I only had enough to get a jacket and a gun, and not even half the necessary Q pics for the ship.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just tell me whats "elitist" about starting some winter doff missions?

It took a minute to start the 2 winter missions available in the academy or ESD area.
    Or about 2 minutes for the 2-4 missions available in Q Winter wonder land.
    Most of them only had a duration of 4 hours and one 8h and one 24h. They had no cooldown.
    If you walked through all 3 areas you hab about 5 or 6 missions.

The event was on 40 Days. 250 / 40 = 6,25
    There where 6 types of commodities: 6 x 6,25 = 37,5

This would mean a SINGLE person would need about 38 commodities a day.

A critical doff mission yielded about 4-8
    Participating in the snowmen event would yield 4-10 too.

Remember, thats only if ONE person does it alone...
    Should be a piece of cake for 2 or 3 people.
    Indeed. I did it almost singlehandedly in my fleet. I stocked the mats in my account bank until I had ~ 200 of each then started the project.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited February 2013
    I was told my customer support that they will not cancel the Breen project for those that are unable to complete it and will not provide any other means to complete it....which means missing out on all future projects. Yeah, that's some great customer service there. If I wasn't lifetime, I'd drop the sub right now. All they have to do is add a means to purchase the items needed.
  • cyckathcyckath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Actually that's not the case, might want to check out this thread in FNN:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=542711
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the info! Apparently their customer service department does not get all the info they should be getting.

EDIT: To keep things in one place, please continue discussion on this project here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=542711 :)
This discussion has been closed.