test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tuffli commodity discounts..did they nerf it?

notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
I haven't been playing much recently due to real life commitments. So I logged in yesterday, and I noticed that the prices of commodities from vendor in tuffli seems higher, or in other words, PWE decision makers decided to nerf the discounts.

If this is indeed true then it makes me wonder: why would they decide to do it? what is the reason behind it? I do hope that their decision was not due to the whining of some players (assuming if there was any).

If they nerfed it then what else did they nerf with Tuffli?
Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by notapwefan on

Comments

• tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Which commodities are you referring to? I use the Tuffli every day, and haven't noticed any change. The prices haven't changed as far as I can tell. There were no nerfs to it.
  • eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The tuffli discounts are the same as the sector discounts. Specifically, you don't get a better price than you do in the "discounted" sector for that particular commodity. The tuffli only provides the convenience of not having to fly around to multiple sectors to get all the commodities you're looking for.

The prices have not changed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainhookerscaptainhookers Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So there really isnt ANY advantage to having a Tuffli... anyone can pick up a ferengi marauder with bank/exchange access and be just as well off as a Tuffli Captain. I hate how I can take my ferengi character to the bridge to buy commodities and its still not any cheaper than going to a trade freighter in space. You dropped the ball on this one Cryptic.
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ok, thx for the clarification
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nileight1nileight1 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    notapwefan wrote: »
    ok, thx for the clarification

Onboard Amenities

The Tuffli Class Freighter interior has a number of onboard features not available on other ship classes. The ship's owner can access them by selecting "Visit Starship Bridge" on the dropdown menu, and once onboard, can share them with friends by sending Bridge Invitations.

A Trader NPC (similar to the one at Deep Space Nine) that offers Trade Assignments.
    While the pool of possible assignments is the same, it is possible for the Freighter Trader and the DS9 Trader to offer a different selection of assignments at any particular time.
    Quartermaster, sells commodities at Specialized Commodities Broker rates
    Ferengi captains also get their Energy Credit discount on these purchases.
    Bank, Exchange, Mail, and Crafting terminals.
    Select Ship interface, allowing the player to swap out the Freighter for a more combat-worthy vessel. Unlike the Select menu offered in a shuttle bridge or a starship's Transporter Room, the Tuffli offers access to any ship in the player's possession.
    As the shuttle bridge is always available to players that own at least one small craft, and its Select Ship menu can include the Tuffli, a player can effectively have access to the Freighter's features at any non-mission location.

Sector Space Abilities

Discount to any Energy Credit Purchase while onboard your ship (for instance, from Sector Space Freighter Stores).
    Call Security Transport - Spawns a Cruiser that offers access to ?Prisoner Transfer? and ?Turn Over Confiscated Contraband? Assignments. Much like the Azura II and Vov'wI, any same-faction players in range can access the Transport's features, it will despawn five minutes after being summoned, and the ability has a two-hour recharge time.
    Transwarp Drive with Exploration Cluster destinations pre-programmed. Like many older Transwarp drives, the Freighter's Transwarp has a small chance to fail (though it seems to only fail when traveling to Cluster destinations.) A failure causes no ill effects, though the ship does not move and the transwarp cooldown timer begins.

Looks to me like it has many features that a D'Kora doesn't have.
    So specifically, in what way did they "drop the ball?"