test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What would you like added to your Fleet Starbase?

theofficialmip#7339 theofficialmip Member Posts: 93 Arc User
There's probably already a thread or two about this floating around about this already but I'm not sure.

So what would you like added to your Fleet Starbase in future updates?

It seems like the special projects that come out are just cosmetic additions to the main lobby of the starbase. The tiers add a bit of functionality and item unlocks to the interior, but not much else.

Some of the things I would like to see added in future updates are listed below:

1. (The one I would like to see the most) Crew quarters where each member of the fleet has an assigned quarters. In your assigned quarters I would like the ability to decorate it a bit with some of your trophy accolades to show off to your fleetmates. Your name and rank on your door. With large fleets you could have multiple decks to accommodate the size. This would be so cool :cool:

2. Have the holodeck be used for foundry missions and allow it to be used to open private instances of social zones like risa, bajor, q's winter wonderland, new romulus, etc for you and your friends to have fun with and role play in. This would be perfect for role players even though I'm not really into that type of play myself.

3. Shuttle bay

4. Astrometrics lab

5. Firing range to test out ground weapons

6. Mess hall
One of the 0.7%ers Markus Urelious 16000+ Accolades [Fed Tac FA] + Several More
Forum Member Since Feb 2010
Post edited by theofficialmip#7339 on

Comments

• Options
    xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    To be able to see your ship and the ships of your friends in the shipyard or outside the OPs center.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just generally reasons to actually be there, besides buying fleet weapons/ships. Those are rare events.

There's really not much of any reason to ever go to ours, and that bugs me. I think there should be some sort of Starbase-specific mission queue. Maybe a fleet-only PvE tab of some kind with a couple unique missions that motivates people to actually be there.

The holodeck should be useable too. God, Star Trek shows loved their "holodeck gone berserk" episodes. Some tongue-in-cheek tribute missions to that would be a good nod to the series' history.

So then you'd have both starbase-specific space and ground missions, and people would use the place a lot more (assuming of course they give an actual worthwhile reward, of course, maybe some fleet marks and 480 Dil). That is my main concern with them.

A computer panel of some kind that lets you access the bios of your fleetmate captains. I know not everyone bothers writing one but it would be cool all the same. And it would encourage people to fill them out.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    the room with all the Armatages and a room for all kinds of cruisers for the KDF.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    admgreeradmgreer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A Drydock where I can take one of my lower tier ships say tier 2-4 and Craft via Doffs or reputation system a console from and Ens to LT. Or Craft a Console to a Universal. Or add Hull points or add turn rate. Granted this upgrades could not make this ship better than a tier 5 but it could allow some customization. Say if you get a level 2 drydock you can unlock the ability to add Hull points, or turn rate, Tier 3 you can upgrade Boff consoles, Tier 4 you can upgrade ship console slots, Tier 5 you can add Wep slots. Max upgrade on curiser would equal a Fleet Heavy curiser, An escourt Fleet defiant, ect. The Drydock would allow you to take a lower tier ship and upgrade it to tier 5 abilities. Or have a Fabracation lab where say if you collect 20 XI DCH from drops along with the correct Doffs and some other items craft a XII purple wep with the modifers you want. Star trek Eng's were famous for tinkering and modding thier ships. Why can we. I would love to craft a ship from scratch.
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The Wall.
  • Options
    xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A more extreme thing to ask for is fleet only modifications to be preformed on your ship and to see it be carried out through a window. It being extreme because of unique animations being seen depending on the upgrade and having to make an animation for every ship in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Lapdances.

For when the Orion doffs are off-duty...
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Firing range for sure.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theofficialmip#7339 theofficialmip Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2013

A computer panel of some kind that lets you access the bios of your fleetmate captains. I know not everyone bothers writing one but it would be cool all the same. And it would encourage people to fill them out.

Love this idea! :)
    One of the 0.7%ers Markus Urelious 16000+ Accolades [Fed Tac FA] + Several More
    Forum Member Since Feb 2010
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    - Some level of customising the interior and exterior.
    - Relocate in sector space
    - Beagles
  • Options
    bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1. (The one I would like to see the most) Crew quarters where each member of the fleet has an assigned quarters. In your assigned quarters I would like the ability to decorate it a bit with some of your trophy accolades to show off to your fleetmates. Your name and rank on your door. With large fleets you could have multiple decks to accommodate the size. This would be so cool :cool:

2. Have the holodeck be used for foundry missions and allow it to be used to open private instances of social zones like risa, bajor, q's winter wonderland, new romulus, etc for you and your friends to have fun with and role play in. This would be perfect for role players even though I'm not really into that type of play myself.

*snip

I love these two ideas.

What I would like the most, though, is to have some functionality to the limited time (cosmetic) projects.

E.G.:

• Tribbles and Targs could give a buff when the member visits the base.
    • High Security could buff the base during fleet mark runs.
    • Welcome Guests could add special trade assignments.
    • The option to pay 200k Dil to get mistakes taken off of the base. *ahem* Works of Art and Staffing. Good riddance.
    • An exchange.

Some sort of functionality to the limited time cosmetic sinks is what I would like the most.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • Options
    theg0wztheg0wz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Fleet logo in that giant circle in the middle of Ops.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Fleet Starbases do need an Exchange station.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Pictures of my Characters on the walls and statues everywhere, and a big one in the middle with me reaching out to the stars, and on the bottom says

"Here is Rstarfox, and he is awesome" ;)

Then make it a fleet project so all fleets can enjoy :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    An occasional time period where the Older Special Projects are 1/3 the cost of what they are now.

For smaller Fleets to get a future chance to actually complete a few.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    radkipradkip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The severed heads of Caitians on a stick.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
    kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would like an NPC that gives massive discounts to Starbase Projects so my little fleet can progress. :P

Not really "added", but more or less a choice of Starbase models, so I can have an OPs deck thats like the KDF station, having recreation (Dance Floor, Bar, Holodeck, etc) on another deck, and Engineering with the Shuttlebay on the third.

Maybe a War / Situation Room that's connected to the OPs area.

And perhaps Cargo Bay.
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    - The ability for the starbase to house its members. Each member would have his/her own room which could be designed by them, and also add future decor to it.
    - To actually use the holodeck on the starbase
    - Random Events, borg attack inside, which would require the fleet to converge on the starbase and help defend it. If you fail... there would be costs "damage" that the fleet would have to pay up. If victory, you gain dil or other rewards.
    - To setup statues with plaques that designate certain fleet members (for contributions or other reasons)

*may have more later :P
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Actually what I really want is Foundry level customization access to the Starbase.:D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited January 2013
    Just generally reasons to actually be there, besides buying fleet weapons/ships. Those are rare events.

There's really not much of any reason to ever go to ours, and that bugs me. I think there should be some sort of Starbase-specific mission queue. Maybe a fleet-only PvE tab of some kind with a couple unique missions that motivates people to actually be there.

I've never bothered to write mine, but I might if it were easy to share like this. I like the idea of a Fleet PvE tab too.
    theg0wz wrote: »
    Fleet logo in that giant circle in the middle of Ops.

or on the hull of the station.
    - The ability for the starbase to house its members. Each member would have his/her own room which could be designed by them, and also add future decor to it.

- To setup statues with plaques that designate certain fleet members (for contributions or other reasons)

I like the idea of having my own office on the station where I could put up accolade trophies, or decoration options from rewards for fleet PvE missions, some kinda fleet doff missions or reputation missions. Something like that.

I'm in a small fleet, I don't think there's been more than 5 of us on at a time. But, it would be fun to have more of a reason to get together. Like fleet events have to start at the starbase. For other fleet's events you'd get hailed in the ops bay or something.
    I'd like to be able to have a fleet starbase logo somewhere. Like in the transporter room, or the big circle in the floor. I know our fleet leader named our starbase, but there's no place cool that it show up. It's only in the fleet UI screen.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Customisable crew uniforms.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
    edited January 2013
    1. I support the people saying Crew Quarters/Offices.
    2. I support the people saying they want to sutomize the interior of the starbase.
    3. I support the people who want the fleet logo placed somewhere.
    4. I support the person who suggested some way to recognise people who have contributed lots to the Starbase. Maybe not statues, but certainly plaques.
    5. I'd like the ability to set my Cannibal Tribble on the tribbles on our Starbase, then the ability to collect the carcasses for shipping to my KDF character.
    6. I'd like to see either:
    a. Functionality added to the limited time projects,
    b. The insane cost of the limited time projects severely reduced.
    7. To be able to use the Holodeck on the Starbase to access (as someone suggested) private social zones, or Foundry missions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kylelockekylelocke Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Maybe have random bridge officers as part of the 'background noise' and have crew quarters as a place where you can store items or even display them.
    "I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105-C
  • Options
    eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I wish for just one thing:

The possibility to let my character actually stay on the starbase, instead of having him kicked out every time I log off the game. Thanks to this design decision not one fleet member in my fleet bothers visiting our starbase, except for short visits to vendors. Weren't starbases supposed to be some kind of social hub for fleets?
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    -Exchange console
    -Discount commodity broker + someone that buys at 50%
    -Some NPC contacts that aren't copy-pasted from Starfleet Academy or your ship interior
    -Some decent in-starbase missions, with decent rewards (Officer of the watch is a joke)
    -Any and all possible customization options

Also:
    -The ability to log off/take a queue mission while in the starbase and still be there when you come back
    -The ability to beam off the starbase without going all the way back to the transporter room on foot
  • Options
    leoll2leoll2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A holodeck activatable simulation of an ice-track, where we can use Frosted Boots!
    P2W means Play To Win

Archimede - Leader and Founder of "Raiders of Starfleet"
    ...and 21 other characters!
  • Options
    l0cutus359l0cutus359 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    warpangel wrote: »
    -Exchange console
    -Discount commodity broker + someone that buys at 50%
    -Some NPC contacts that aren't copy-pasted from Starfleet Academy or your ship interior
    -Some decent in-starbase missions, with decent rewards (Officer of the watch is a joke)
    -Any and all possible customization options

Also:
    -The ability to log off/take a queue mission while in the starbase and still be there when you come back
    -The ability to beam off the starbase without going all the way back to the transporter room on foot

Yes, all of these are good

Are there plans to be put an Exch terminal on the Starbase?

Officer of the Watch is a joke as is the small reward

Thx
    Locutus
    Locutus

Delirium Tremens
    Tier 4 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy
    http://dtfleet.com/
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    some form of quarters for players. (I.e Habitat ring) maybe give each room a mini panal that opens a mini foundry thing, then using the props from the "indoor" selection we can decorate our rooms accordingly.

A vendor that sells power cells, hypos etc.

Shooting range. (test out weapons)

A Human visitor with a Beagle/Targ. (Beagle/Targ seller)

People of Interest (Random visits from people we've helped out in the past)

Tran - Breen Renegades,
    Obisek/D'tan - Reman/Romulan,
    Eruan & Loriss - Dominion,
    Admiral D'vak & Commander Roxy - Omega Force,
    Franklin Drake - Classified,
    "Tholian Ambassador" - Tholians
    Cmdr Wildman/General Klag - Something PvP related?

Ships outside the windows (Typhoon, Akira, Vor'cha etc)

Some kind of joint space and ground action built into one zone... thing

(aka if the Tholians attack are able to bring your starbase to 0% health then the guys on the interior will feel the effect of walls exploding, the dance floor on fire, morn runnign around screaming "We're all doomed!")

A mission or two that starts from our starbase
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As I have said many times before:

What the fleet starbases (and embassies) need, is a seperate server instance, just like every other social hub! Fleet holdings completely fail as social zones as long as their instances get closed everytime the player logs out (and then reappears at his last location before entering the fleet system)!!!
  • Options
    bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
    edited January 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    morn runnign around screaming "We're all doomed!")

Don't you mean Morn running around about to scream out 'We're all doomed!' then something knocking him out? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]