test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Consultant Doffs: How Do They Work?

stevehalestevehale Member Posts: 437
I'm trying to figure out exactly how the consultants apply their bonus.

I equip the doff, complete some assignments and then look at the rewards both in the window and in the chat box. But when I remove the doff the value of the award doesn't change.

So do the doffs only apply their bonus if they are equipped at the time that the project is accepted? Or when the project is completed?
Post edited by stevehale on

Comments

• Options
    stevehalestevehale Member Posts: 437
    edited December 2012
    So when I started this thread, putting the doff on active duty and removing it again showed no difference in the CXP earned. Just a few minutes ago I did it again and there was a change.

I think that the completed projects I was looking at earlier (that were not effected by the Doff) were Espionage. The most recent projects were Colonization and those did show a change. Curiouser and curiouser:o.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I've been thinking about this, I think all CXP bonuses, or a lot of em seem to be broken.

I've not been getting any bonuses from my higher level DOFFs, or my 'A Lifetime of Experience' bonus off my D'kora.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    hal8472hal8472 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Still trying to figure out how these bonuses get applied. Got my first consultant at a huge price on the exchange. Still have not seen any bonuses. Should they be on active ground, somewhere else or where?

Hal
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2013
    The "Lifetime of Experience" Ferengi set bonus only applies while in Space or Sector Space, because it's attached to the ship which you don't technically have equipped while on a Ground map.

We'll look into Consultants and get back to you if we can find anything amiss.

If anyone can supply more information about where they witnessed the CXP bonus (or any other numeric bonus) not working, that may go a long way towards tracking down any bugs.

Something like the following --

Name of Doff: Jim Smith
    Consultant Type: CXP
    Map you were on: Risa
    Source of numeric: Doff Assignment, "Hide In Broom Closet"
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They call them "efficiency experts," but what you're really doing is interviewing for your own job.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    whatinblueblazeswhatinblueblazes Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hanover2 wrote: »
    They call them "efficiency experts," but what you're really doing is interviewing for your own job.

I see what you did there :)
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    /subscribed.

I have a working CXP Consultant DOff on one of my characters. I think he's blue, but I can't remember other details (I'll get them and post).

I seem to recall seeing a Skill XP Consultant NOT working, but I'm not sure. Again, I'll look into it and post it here.

Edit: Well, it *was* working, but doesn't appear to be anymore. See post #13, below. :(

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    hal8472hal8472 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    still no further. Do you put them on active ground? Do they have to be on the particular mission for the bonus to apply? Or as long as they are on reserve they add bonuses? Has anyone got CXP bonuses?

HAL
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    hal8472 wrote: »
    ...Has anyone got CXP bonuses?
    Yes, I have received CXP Bonus from a Consultant DOff. (See my post (#8) above yours. :))

Edit: Well, it *was* working, but doesn't appear to be anymore. See post #13, below. :(

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    skiffy1skiffy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't seem to be receiving a Lifetime Of Experience boost when in sector space when I have a CXP bonus pool balance. When the bonus pool is burned up, it resumes functioning again. Is that by design?
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The "Lifetime of Experience" Ferengi set bonus only applies while in Space or Sector Space, because it's attached to the ship which you don't technically have equipped while on a Ground map.

i have thought about this because it annoys the hell out of me, my Chars are usually parked at ESD ground and i always turn in my doff assignments while i stand at the bank etc.

so i mostly never get the extra CXP from the set, and i'm too lazy to beam out

so HERE is my suggestion:

use an ACCOLADE (like previously done with the MACO gear visual unlocks) that unlocks when you have all the set pieces and maybe the ship (don't remember specifically what is exactly required but i have it on my Ferengi's D'Kora). and then unlock the CXP bonus permanently for the Character in Space and on Ground.
    (result: you just need to own the set once, no need to have it equipped forever *gah, that mine launcher...* or to hang out in space for the bit of bonus CXP).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    My CXP Consultant is NOT working.

I'm certain I had tested it when I first got it and enjoyed the buff, but I tested it just now, paid attention to my rewards, and no buff.

Name of Doff: H'Li. KDF Ferasan, Rare (Blue).
    Consultant Type: CXP
    Map you were on: KDF Academy.
    Source of numeric: DOff Assignments -
    "Assist in Time Displacement Rehabilitation for Crew of U.S.S. Bozeman".
    "Retrieve Earth Relic from Temporal Causality Loop".
    "Process Regional Survey Data of Archaelogical Site".
    "Resample Biological Data on Potential Colonization Site".
    "Intersectional Analysis of General Sociodynamic Behavior".
    "Chart Non-Transient Social Trends in the Lysian Alliance".
    "Forcefully Recover Memories from Prisoner".
    "Composite Longitudinal Cultural Trends in the Gorn Hegemony".
    "Verify Continuing Sociological Trends in the Barzanian Planetary Republic".
    "Station Deputy Ambassador at the Consulate on Cardassia Prime".
    "Asylum with the Orion Syndicate".
    "Secure Trade Route with Minor Species".
    "Perform Archaeometrical Analysis".
    "Track Decendants of Pre-Apotheotic Caitian Unforgiven".

Hi'Li is slotted in my Active Duty (Ground) roster of my KDF LtGen Engineer Tu'rook. He should be giving a 3% Buff, which is fairly noticable.

:(

• Options
    interestedguyinterestedguy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am going to bump this thread because the question was never answered, and when I google the question this is the first thread that comes up. I think it would be best to get an answer in one thread so anyone in the future who tries to figure it out can get it here instead of making a new post.

So more specifically than how do they work,

If I have a ground cxp consultant, does it apply the bonus to any Doff missions I start while I am on the ground?

Does it apply to the bonus to any missions I get the rewards from on the ground?

If I unequip the Doff and Re-equip, will I see the bonuses change?

if any one knows, please write down whatever you can to help anyone else know what is going on.

EDIT: I think I know how it works

The CXP bonus will applies when you finish the mission and get the rewards. You can unequip and re equip the Consultant Doff and you will get the bonus, so long as the Consultant Doff is equipped.

Hope that helps anyone who had any questions about the matter.
  • Options
    taya4svktaya4svk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Was this issue never solved? Mine Consultant was working for a while and now its seems to be broken too. I got him on few characters, where I wasnt the CXP get faster up, but its useless. Filed a ticket today, wonder whether it will get solved..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]