test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Directed Energy Modulation

rjd66rjd66 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
Ive been trying to keep up with how much damage my beams are doing and when I use Directed Energy Modulation the damage its shows is Directed Energy Modulation damage ( **) and its much lower than my normal damage ...My question is am l doing regular damage with my beams when I use Directed Energy Modulation.....or just Directed Energy Modulation damage?
Post edited by rjd66 on

Comments

• deano65ehgdeano65ehg Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    qas i understand it n still might b wrong but direct energy modulation actually coocks the crew asweel as extra sheild penetration to the hull
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bitterscotbitterscot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    rjd66 wrote: »
    My question is am l doing regular damage with my beams when I use Directed Energy Modulation.....or just Directed Energy Modulation damage?

The damage from DEM is in addition to your regular weapon damage, it does not replace it.
    [6:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Antiproton Banks - Overload III deals 166213 (61268) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Gateway.
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If you read the tooltip it will say something +75 additional (shield penetrating) weapon damage per pulse.

So depending on your weapon power levels it adds a small bonus to the damage your beams deliver. As with most boff powers though, it works best with cannons.