test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Breen Ally with the KDF?

lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Klingon Discussion
I just thought I would put this out there, of the playable KDF factions I only like the Gorn and Naussicans and I have always loved the breen they have cool costumes and ships and much of their mythology is yet unexplored so this game could have fun with that. I know the KDF have been enemies with them on several occasions but they make powerful allies they destroyed starfleet headquarters during the dominion war http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Breen. I think having their race and ships playable would really spice up the KDF!
A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
Post edited by lincolninspace on

Comments

• Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It might be possible, but only if the KDF get something out of it. They were trading partners with the Romulans after all, even though they couldn't stand them.

If we go by the Breen FE's, the KDF think something similar of the Breen. They're ruthless and pragmatic, yes, but they have no honor... not to mention our officers were surprised any Breen was capable of reason.

On it's own, it's unlikely. If there's something to be gained (like cold weaponry and tech), then it'd be much more understandable :) Though I admit, I don't see what the Breen would gain from this, or even if they'd agree... we did stop them cold from getting Preserver tech (pun intended).
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think the Breen would better fit in with the Romulans (the militant ones, that is).
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    lordrezeonlordrezeon Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They could always go with the Gorn and Nausican solution and simply have the Klingons conquer the Breen and bring them into the fold that way. With the Klingons treaty with the Deferi it would give them the perfect excuse to do it.
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lordrezeon wrote: »
    They could always go with the Gorn and Nausican solution and simply have the Klingons conquer the Breen and bring them into the fold that way. With the Klingons treaty with the Deferi it would give them the perfect excuse to do it.

The Breen wouldn't fold.

Hell the Breen "Homeworld" is still unknown to the alpha/beat quadrant powers.

The Confederacy is EXTREMELY protective of their homeworld (again to the point of it only being referenced in rumors by Non-Breen) and their military power is NOT something to be taken lightly.

If the Klingons were to try to take the Breen by force they'd lose more than they'd gain.
  • Options
    gaalomgaalom Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Like one poster already said the Breen wouldn't fold, me personally I would like to wipe theme all out from existence.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Plus the Klingons are more-or-less at a standstill with the Federation, plus keeping reserves for dealing with Borg, the Romulans, and intra-House battles. What would they fight the Breen WITH?
  • Options
    adon333adon333 Member Posts: 304
    edited November 2012
    AWE-SOME IDEA. Cryptic would only have to add one new skin... and like 2 new ships and they could<would I should say> def. charge for all of it.. so that even makes it feasible. Plus Breen would be fun to play as. Hell theyve already totally ruined this game as far as the IP is concerned.... the damage has been done already 300 times over, no point trying to put a bandaid on chainsaw wound, might as well add em.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, that's right.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    It might be possible, but only if the KDF get something out of it. They were trading partners with the Romulans after all, even though they couldn't stand them.

If we go by the Breen FE's, the KDF think something similar of the Breen. They're ruthless and pragmatic, yes, but they have no honor... not to mention our officers were surprised any Breen was capable of reason.

On it's own, it's unlikely. If there's something to be gained (like cold weaponry and tech), then it'd be much more understandable :) Though I admit, I don't see what the Breen would gain from this, or even if they'd agree... we did stop them cold from getting Preserver tech (pun intended).

I always did like that Breen cruiser, paired with the Klingons loathing of humans the Breen would make a great ally.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    foundrelic wrote: »
    Hell the Breen "Homeworld" is still unknown to the alpha/beat quadrant powers.

Except the Cardassians had/have an embassy on the Breen homeworld, as mentioned in the DS9 episode "Return to Grace".

Most of the mystery about the Breen is purely for the viewer. It's why we don't get to see what they look like under their refrigeration suits, even though there have been instances where characters in the show must have at least got an idea of how they appear under those suits.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Except the Cardassians had/have an embassy on the Breen homeworld, as mentioned in the DS9 episode "Return to Grace".

Most of the mystery about the Breen is purely for the viewer only. It's why we don't get to see what they look like under their refrigeration suits, even though they've been instances where characters in the show must have at least got an idea of how they appear under those suits.

HMM, most likely STO would have to go the same route the novels did and that means the answers would be a whole lot more complicated.

CLICK AND READ AT YOUR OWN RISK:

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Breen
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Why Not?
    We are already "fed-cloned" in the new Romulan update to be helping a race we once called enemy and hated with a passion.
    One quick letter by a Duras and we are now teaching the Romulans Mok'bara, so why not get all kissy-kissy with the Breen? Its what the feds would do after all.:P
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    cuz you can't kiss 'em through the helmet:P
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    adon333 wrote: »
    AWE-SOME IDEA. Cryptic would only have to add one new skin... and like 2 new ships and they could<would I should say> def. charge for all of it.. so that even makes it feasible. Plus Breen would be fun to play as.

Exactly they are just a cool race and adding them would make the klingon factioneven more of a rogues gallery. I agree they are too powerful to conquered by the KDF but would make formidable allies. they are on the other side of Federation space too so it could be a strategic advantage. The Breen are like the stormtroopers of Star Trek they just look cool. They could just use the models they already have and they would be another cash only race. And like i said this game isn't canon so if they wanted they could reveal what the Breen look like etc. They supposedly have 4 different races under those masks. There is only one thing that could make the KDF cooler : http://www.coolchaser.com/graphics/tag/Daft%20Punk
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    I always did like that Breen cruiser, paired with the Klingons loathing of humans the Breen would make a great ally.

That was the one thing I thought could put a snag in things is that The Klingons would consider them dishonerable. But they allied with The feds in the Dominion war so stranger things have happened and with the Undine mucking around times are desperate.
  • Options
    tycowolftycowolf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    lordrezeon wrote: »

As Worf put it, "The Kliong Empire sent a huge fleet to conquer the Breen, but that fleet was never heard of or seen again..." - Also, they created a phrase for the Breen... "Never underestimate the Breen." ;D! Conquering the Breen? Hell no!
  • Options
    admiraljt#1430 admiraljt Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sure why not, while we're at it let's jump in bed with the Tholians, Hirogen, or the Borg even.
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sure why not, while we're at it let's jump in bed with the Tholians, Hirogen, or the Borg even.

Tholians do not HAVE Beds

Hirogen rarely sleep in them

and the borg of course do not sleep at all being entirely dead
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    plox21plox21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    NO!!!!! , How can proud klingon take aliance with honorless dogs...pff if they got them they should get Kazon too aswell :D.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Honestly, I have always thought of the Breen as more in keeping with an eventual Cardassian or Dominion faction (I am still holding out hope that they are two seperate things).

Probably more Dominion then Cardassian, not sure the Cardies like them very much anymore with the whole Dominion war thing, but I suppose arguements can be made for either side.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    To me I can only see the Breen ally with anyone. If they have a goal in mind and can be met with the Alliance. Similar how they did with the Dominion. The way the Founder told the Breen General she will give him all kinds of planets. As long they help win the war. And later while loosing, he was not in favor of retreating to regroup. Showing they are Klingon like in battle. Battle to the Death. Even the game shows this in a way with the story line.

I wouldn't mind seeing more story with the Breen in the future. Either as a "bad guy" or ally to help out a bigger threat. After they saw they are loosing the fight.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.