test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

1st Annual Valentines Day Defera Run

magnumstarmagnumstar Member Posts: 269 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Klingon Discussion
Its official, we're gonna have a run to Defera where we'll beam down and assemble at the ruins. We'll campout there for a couple days (Feb-14 to Feb -16) and have some events for folks to do. This is a KDF sponsored festival to promote awareness and pride in the KDF faction. Although this is a KDF event the Fed players will be invited to come observe and hang out with us. After all the blue side is where our player base will be coming from and this will give those who haven't made a KDF character a chance to meet us and get a good look at what we're all about.

We'll be the using U.S. Central time zone to coordinate the schedule. I did this because this way it won't be too early or too late for those living on the coasts. Those living outside the U.S. can do/start the Festival or events at the times posted that correspond with the time in their time zone.

http://www.columbiassacrifice.com/images/tech_diagrams/US_TimeZones.gif

Example: If an event is scheduled for 6pm US central time then those living outside the US will be doing the event at 6pm their time. This means you folks living outside the US will be running things independently, so you veteran KDF players outside the US will have to coordinate and take charge of things in your own time zones.

http://www.onepointed.com/dan/images/time_zone_map.jpg

Schedule

Feb-14 6pm US Central Time - The Run Begins - Everyone assembles in Omega Leonis. Once everyone is assembled we head for the Orellius Sector Block in one huge armada. Once there we beam down to Defera and gather at the Ruins.

 I'd like for the guys from G.O.S. and other KDF veterans that have fought for our faction to lead the armada. So if any of you folks are not busy I'd appreciate the help with this. I'll be in the back driving the crash wagon, I'm old now and don't care about riding point.

Feb-14 6:30pm to 7pm US Central Time ? Sector Block Starship Races ? A race from the Defera System to the S?hinga System and back. First one back to the Defera System wins.

 I?ll need some volunteers to judge the race. The judges will team with 4 people at a time (You can watch them and make sure no one cheats this way) and conduct the race. A 321 go will be used to start the race. Depending on how many show up and want to compete will determine the number of volunteers we will need so if you?re standing around not doing anything grab 4 people and team with them.

 Judges will assemble at the top of the starmap pyramid and competitors can assemble in front at the bottom of the stairs. Use tells to communicate with a judge you wish to race, if no judge is available then you?ll have to wait till one beams back down.

Feb-15 6pm to 6:30pm US Central Time ? Defera System Starship Race ? The race will be held in the Defera System and will be around the debris field that encircles the planet. Wherever the judge stops his ship will be the start and finish line, 1st one back to the judge wins.

 Again we will need volunteers to judge the races so feel free to pitch in and help out. The same teaming method to watch the contestants will be used for this race as well. Judges can be found at the top of the starmap pyramid.

Feb ?15 6:30pm to 7pm US Central Time ? PVE/STF matches ? Veterans will assemble at the top of the starmap Pyramid and anyone wishing to run an STF can communicate this to one of the Veterans. This is a perfect opportunity for those who haven?t completed a STF elite optional to do so. Veterans can communicate what you need to do to get the opt before zoning in.

 We will need some Veteran STF folks to volunteer for this so please help out if you?re
able to.

Feb-16 12pm to 12:30pm US Central Time ? Sector Block Shuttle/Fighter Race ? This is the same as the Starship Race, same rules/methods apply.

Feb-16 1pm to 1:30pm US Central Time ? Defera System Shuttle/Fighter Race ? This is exactly the same race as the Starship one with the same rules/methods.

Feb-16 2pm to 2:30pm US Central Time ? PVE/Fleet Action ? Veterans will be atop the starmap pyramid for anyone who wants to run a Fleet Action such as: The Big Dig, Breaking the Planet, Fed Minefiled, etc.

Feb-16 3pm to 3:30pm US Central Time ? PVP Matches ? Veterans will be available for players to team with and enjoy bouts of PVP action.

That?s the schedule as it stands so far, times for the festivities may change and events could be added so keep checking the forum for changes.

For this to work I?m gonna need folks to volunteer and help out so please feel free to jump in anywhere you maybe needed.

Another thing I will need help with is putting the word out so please notify your Fleets of this event.
Post edited by magnumstar on

Comments

• Options
    admiraljt#1430 admiraljt Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Looks like a lot of fun. I'll be spreading the word to my fleet mates about this.
  • Options
    tatyanasergeitatyanasergei Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This sounds awesome! I will definitely do my best to be there. :D
    Centurion Tenir - R.R.W. Taldor
    Legacy of Romulus, Round One Closed Beta Tester
    "The Republic may need to work with Starfleet and the Klingons now, but trust neither of them."
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am interested in this.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,382 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    magnumstar wrote: »
    --snip--

IMO it would be much more imposing when held on the Star Fleet Academy Grounds... the mighty Klingon Empire would have to conquer the puny Federation, but that will not be a problem.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I need a favor from the community. When you guys log in could you take a min to put it out over the zone chat that the KDF will be having a Defera Run Feb 14? I've been doing this myself, I take a few mins to spread the word then I go on about my business. If anyone has any questions just refer them to this forum post.

Also for those who wanted to know how this all came about, well it started with this post:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=513401
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Just a post to remind folks of the 1st Annual Defera Run. Everyone polish your starships, put on your leather, and let's fly the KDF colors proudly for Valentines Day.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is a great idea! :) I'm all in on this one. :D
    Thank you for taking the time & effort to organize such a thing. Looking forward for doing the run with all of you guys, I'll do my best to spred the word about this event.

Long live the Empire! Qapla'!
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    vitzhvitzh Member Posts: 519
    edited February 2013
    Wait so Feds are coming? We using them to paint everything red with their blood? If so count me in!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    You members of the Cryptic team, (Dev's, GM's, Dstahl), are invited to join us on the ride to Defera. I know you folks are gonna be busy with the upcoming season 8 but any of you who can make it are more than welcome. I appologize for the belated invitation.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Just 2 days away, I'm really looking forward to this and hope we have a good turnout for the event.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    6PM central on patch day is a bit too early for me to join the armada but I'll see y'alls a couple hours later.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG