test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Hydra Chel Grett

intrinsicalintrinsical Member Posts: 208 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Federation Discussion
I'ld like to introduce the a Chel Grett build I have been working on, the Hydra aka the 3-Set, 6-Torpedo Chel Grett Warship. This build is primarily meant for tactical officers who have maximum skills in Starship Project Weapons, Starship Projectile Weapon Specialization and Attack Patterns.

Fore: Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo, Breen Transphasic Cluster Torpedo, Experimental Romulan Plasma Beam Array, Rapid Reload Transphasic Torpedo
Aft: Breen Transphasic Cluster Torpedo, Kinetic Cutting Beam, Omega Plasma Torpedo, Rapid Reload Transphasic Torpedo
Deflector: Polarized Parabolic Deflector Mk XI
Engine: Supercooled Combat Impulse Engine Mk XI
Shield: Dielectric Oscillation Resilient Shields Mk XI
Engineering: Zero-Point Energy Console, Monotanium Alloy Mk XI, Neutronium Ally Mk XI
Science: Assimilated Module, 2 x Field Generators Mk XI
Tactical: 3 x Transphasic Compressors Mk XI, Ambiplasma Envelope Mk XI
Boffs:
  1. EP2S
  2. TT1, APB1, T:HY3, APO3
  3. TT1, T:HY2
  4. EP2S, Aux2SIF
  5. HE1, HE2, TSS3 (or GW)
Doffs: 3 x Projectile Weapons Officers (Purple), remaining 2 doffs of your choice
Power: 50/100/25/25 (83/114/57/38)

It is an expensive build, that combines the best aspects of three item sets: Romulan Singularity Harness, Omega Adapted Technology and Absolute Zero. The end result is a very impressive torpedo boat that is high on damage and crits very often. Set all weapons on auto-fire and what you have is a torpedo boat that continuously spew deadly torpedo after deadly torpedo, both fore and aft.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Any good for elite stfs and be a good damage dealer i.e take on alot of stuff ur self without help?

Also why not some sort of sci power on ur lt comm to drain shields or something? About HY powers, would a spread not be more effective perhaps omega torp etc? Oh and did you have a play with mines with dp3 perhaps either plasma mines or trans or the ferengi tachyon mine from lobi store which i hear is a good shield disabler?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • intrinsicalintrinsical Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I did not mention this but since it uses 6 torpedoes, you don't need to allocate full power to weapons. In fact I put full power to shields, which makes this a tough ship to take down. The Breen Absolute Zero set comes with the Breen Energy Siphon, which is a free science-like energy drain ability so I did not feel the need for any additional science abilities.

I did use torpedo spread as well as mines when I was still saving up to purchase the romulan and omega sets, but dropped them from the build. This ship is already an aggro magnet in its current form, torp spread would often draw too much aggro for the ship to absorb so I find High Yield torpedoes to be a good compromise. As for mines, I find that the three rear torpedoes give me much more versatility and reach than mines ever could. Remember, transphasics and plasmas both have damage components that bypass shields so its not necessary to disable shields to do good damage.
  • zarek01zarek01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    very impressive, and unique build. I will have to try it sometime... although it won't be a replica of your build ;-)

I have been more of a cannon guy lately, with rapid fire 3 and cannon spread 1. It seems to do well with 3 phaser relay consoles and 1 ambiplasma for my omega+hyper torpedo launchers.

Transphasic torpedos are a type I'v never really used. I never could get much DPS out of them, but i can imagine having 3 consoles to boost em would really help. also maxing out torpedo skills.

One thing I notice with transphasics though are that when an enemy with little/no shielding is encountered, there could be so much more DPS being dealt with other torps... photons/quantums mainly. (such as gates/transformers/generators in STFs )
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Given that you aren't using a full transphasic build, it may be worthwhile running the numbers on the Adapted MACO 2 piece (ie: the KHG copy), as that may provide more damage bonus- IIRC it applies to all torps, not just one type.

Still it's definitely an impressive build and looks like a lot of fun.
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There's going to be a lot of torpedo GCD issues with this setup.
  • intrinsicalintrinsical Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There's going to be a lot of torpedo GCD issues with this setup.

Nope, there is very little GCD issues with this ship.

Mainly because at any one time there's really only 3 torpedoes that are firing and one of these is always a 15 second cooldown Transphasic Cluster Torpedo. So really, there are only 2 torpedoes that might potentially clash.

The only torpedo that truly causes GCD issues is the Omega Adapted Plasma Torpedo, which loves to override all other torpedoes and keeps firing till it runs out of charges. To prevent issues, I've placed it in an aft slot. This not only gives the torpedo enough time to recharge, it also ensures I can consistently fire a string of 6 aft torpedos as my ship races away from my target for another attack run.