test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kits gets no love?

jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I have had the same kit what seems like years.. Stopped at MK X.. Why not MK XII. More powerful kits. Good thing to put in rep guys.
Post edited by jtmarsh on

Comments

• syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jtmarsh wrote: »
    I have had the same kit what seems like years.. Stopped at MK X.. Why not MK XII. More powerful kits. Good thing to put in rep guys.

They're in the new Embassy system. The Romulan kits for Engineers are tasty; even the lower level ones let you do things like spawn Tier IV turrets for the first time.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    First ty! Second the one I have now is Squad. If I choose any of the fleet ones do I lose Securty NPS's? ITs been so long I thought they were attached to the kit?
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    No security beam down is a tac captain ability, it does not matter what kit you use.

Hopefully we will see some more kits added soon, either to the embassy or some new holding or rep system. The embassy engineering fabrication kit is good, tactical fire team is an alright kit, but the science kit is a joke.
  • pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I honestly think tacs got the best deal in embassy kits. The mk xi/xii version is basically fire team kit with motion accelerator added to it.
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I suspect that the other kits will be available through future fleet holdings and reputations.
  • gbehlpnu2012gbehlpnu2012 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    They're in the new Embassy system. The Romulan kits for Engineers are tasty; even the lower level ones let you do things like spawn Tier IV turrets for the first time.

The last time I checked, maybe a week or so ago, the "Kits" have the same stats as X lvl kits when I compared them with what I have on. There was no point in purchasing them. Or maybe it's that stupid bug again...or "designed as intended"...which means that I have to purchase it before I can know the true stats. I'm not sure what's going on, but I have been frequently checking out the kits at the embassy to see if it changed with the weekly updates...and it hasn't.

EDIT: I just checked again...the Romulan XI and XII show the same numbers. The only thing different is the motion accelerator http://i.imgur.com/v2LE2.jpg?1

EDIT2: Thought they had fixed the duplicates...http://i.imgur.com/SSWis.jpg and the numbers on these consoles are so far out of wack it doesn't make logical sense to buy one...really +80.1 to shields... alot of nothing that is gonna do for me....oh wait...this is the same annoying bug or "designed as intended" problem as the KITS. This needs to be fixed IMMED. I can't make informed choices about the item if it doesn't show me proper stats.
  • nejdinenejdine Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I hope not all new kits that are planned to only be accessed through some reputation grind.
    Save those to the very rare ones, if you must, and let the uncommon and rare types be bought/crafted.
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Really? Ugh.

Given my KDF character will never see an embassy above Tier I, this is extremely annoying game design. At least my main KDF guy has a lot of XI gear from pre-S7.

I'd rather have a reputation grind, since I have hope.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The ability to craft a kit with powers we choose ourselves was discussed awhile back. I hope that wasn't totally ditched, it was a really cool idea.
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    Really? Ugh.

Given my KDF character will never see an embassy above Tier I, this is extremely annoying game design. At least my main KDF guy has a lot of XI gear from pre-S7.

Most people seem to be in this starship, so to speak. Given what I've heard about the science kits though...
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

edited January 2013
    Really? Ugh.

You know you can ask somebody to invite you to their Embassy and buy stuff, right?
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You know you can ask somebody to invite you to their Embassy and buy stuff, right?

Someone invited me to the starbase of his fleet a week ago and I couldn't buy anything.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
    edited January 2013
    Someone invited me to the starbase of his fleet a week ago and I couldn't buy anything.

Either they didn't have their store provisioned, you didn't have enough fleet credit and Dilithium to buy things, or I think it's possible to change the permissions on the stores (not sure, and don't feel like logging in at the moment to check.)

I have in the past purchased things in another fleet's store. In fact the main weapons on my current ship were purchased from another fleet's store.
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's obnoxious to have to shop around for temporary fleet membership so you can get around a fundamentally dumb game mechanic.

And it's a sign of how broken it is that people have to resort to it.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I heard that the ability do buy things from the star bases of others was patched out a few updates back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Either they didn't have their store provisioned, you didn't have enough fleet credit and Dilithium to buy things, or I think it's possible to change the permissions on the stores (not sure, and don't feel like logging in at the moment to check.)

According to my host the store was provisioned (according to my interface it was not) and I had far more dilithium and fleet credits than necessary.
    I have in the past purchased things in another fleet's store. In fact the main weapons on my current ship were purchased from another fleet's store.

Ah, the past. I remember a past where people bought the Yellowstone runabout from the C-Store and sold the engine on the exchange....
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't have a fleet and will never have. I won't join one because I only play from time to time, with sometimes I won't log for months.
    It's annoying to have all the shiny toys only from huge fleet. Fleet weapon, fleet ship, fleet kits...
    Also, I want the Romulan DOFF (or Boff ? ) but I can't. I'm r5 romulan, but it doesn't matter.

I found this disgusting to be forced to have a huge fleet or miss half the goodies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's obnoxious to have to shop around for temporary fleet membership so you can get around a fundamentally dumb game mechanic.

And it's a sign of how broken it is that people have to resort to it.

Very much this.
  • momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    really +80.1 to shields... alot of nothing that is gonna do for me...

Stats for space equipment, when viewed on the ground, are almost always way too low.

I don't know if there's any reliable way to see accurate stats for space equipment other than mounting it and going into space.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The ability to craft a kit with powers we choose ourselves was discussed awhile back. I hope that wasn't totally ditched, it was a really cool idea.

This would be far better than soiling your hands with a fleet.
    <3
  • gbehlpnu2012gbehlpnu2012 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    momaw wrote: »
    Stats for space equipment, when viewed on the ground, are almost always way too low.

I don't know if there's any reliable way to see accurate stats for space equipment other than mounting it and going into space.

Yeah it's like I have to play 2 games for sto. I play Holodeck and then have to play Tribble just to figure out what the real story is with the gear without being penalized for spending dilithium.
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Kits got no love for ages because the developers weren't sure how they were going to handle them going forward. The suspicion was that Kits would be split out into a number of equipment slot types (e.g. Tricorder) and that depending on what you put there you'd get different skills and bonuses. It would also allow new set types.

Whether that's still happening is anyone's guess.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.