test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hangar Pets

leoll2leoll2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2013 in PvP Gameplay
Hi all,
I have a KDF scientist character flying a Tholian Recluse Carrier.
I'm a massive healer in PvP, however I've almost no idea about pets.

The question is: what pets should I use?

I enjoy my Widow Fighters (without tetryon grid console), but many experienced players dislike them.

I also tried S'Kul, but they almost never use their Dual Cannons!

Shield Repair Shuttles are fine, but my shields are always full!

Any advice for me? Thanks and fight with honor!
P2W means Play To Win

Archimede - Leader and Founder of "Raiders of Starfleet"
...and 21 other characters!
Post edited by leoll2 on

Comments

• elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I can tell you my experiance with pets and their uses :)

- Shield repair handy for the heals, and can be sent to an ally if your shields are full (also a bonus)

- Orion Slavers, Steals commodities in pve every now and again, litters the playing field with quantum mines.. always handy for hitting the odd enemy pet/mine/torp/ship :p

- Orion interceptors, While not 100% sure about use in pvp, the engine/weapon drain is not too shabby :P, very quick moving too

- power siphon drones, not that great, VERY flimsy, and if i remeber recieved a fix that makes them drain power at a much slower level..

My suggestions, give interceptors a try possible with the carrier's inbuilt pets, that way you get the debuffing nature of the interceptors and keep the quantums of the tholian pets. The only drawback is you would need to buy the orion C-store ship to get to buy interceptors.. ^^'

(i have also heard VERY good things about the elite scorpion fighters, but that requires T5 in romulan reputation)
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • leoll2leoll2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    (i have also heard VERY good things about the elite scorpion fighters, but that requires T5 in romulan reputation)

Anyone here can confirm this? Anyone have used them yet?
    P2W means Play To Win

Archimede - Leader and Founder of "Raiders of Starfleet"
    ...and 21 other characters!
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, I wouldn't go the Power Siphon route, unless you want to make your healer an even bigger target for OPvPers.

Drunk is always looking for more Plasma target practice. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    snoge00f wrote: »
    Yeah, I wouldn't go the Power Siphon route, unless you want to make your healer an even bigger target for OPvPers.

Mmmhmmm.

If I see someone using Siphon Drones, you can bet I'll be using GW/EW/Viral/Scramble/Target Aux on them every second I possibly can.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    snoge00f wrote: »

anyone with EWP or TBR is immune to siphon drones. if you have ether abilities, and a teammate is being siphoned, fly close and use ether ability on top of him. interceptors and runabouts are MUCH harder to deal with.
  • doomiciledoomicile Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    From personal experience, the Orion Interceptors are pretty nasty. Just load both Hangar Bays with those and throw in a Power Syphon II or III and watch your target become a sitting duck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]