test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Altering allegiences

skyecolyoskyecolyo Member Posts: 54 Arc User
Heyo. Donno if this has already been beaten to death or what, as I'm new to the foundry and the forums, but I created my first mission over the last couple of days; huge fan of how it works and how intuitive the interface is, but I was deflated to discover that my plot idea was completely trashed by the inability to alter actor allegiances.

What I mean is, the ability to make Fed and Klink NPCs work together appears to be absent.

A team option that overrides the targeting and assist AI by manually input parameters would be pretty cool. For example, assign Starfleet and Klingon to team 1, assign Borg to team 2. Team 1 NPCs are friendly to eachother, and hostile to Team 2 NPCs.

Or perhaps just let us set this team override option on individual encounters/actors. That'd be neat.

Giving combat / follow behaviors to NPC contacts would be cool, too. Like, you know, the Founder and Eraun from "Facility 4028". Preferably with project costume support. For space, as well. Such as the U.S.S Enterprise and U.S.S. Defiant in "Boldly they Rode"

Can't finish my plot without these features, which sucks.
Post edited by skyecolyo on

Comments

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You can technically get different factions to work together by placing a Federation mob and reskinning the actors to look like Klingon ships. However, they still have the weapons and abilities of a Fed ship.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    skyecolyo wrote: »
    Heyo. Donno if this has already been beaten to death or what, as I'm new to the foundry and the forums, but I created my first mission over the last couple of days; huge fan of how it works and how intuitive the interface is, but I was deflated to discover that my plot idea was completely trashed by the inability to alter actor allegiances.

What I mean is, the ability to make Fed and Klink NPCs work together appears to be absent.

You can reskin a friendly mob as KDF to get them to work together. Please check out my new tutorial series (New! Primetime UGC Back to Basics, 1 though 5, with part 6 coming soon)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Really wish we could set allegiance, though, for the afore-mentioned issues with powers.

I mean, what if you want a friendly devidian helping you out?
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • skyecolyoskyecolyo Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kirksplat wrote: »
    You can reskin a friendly mob as KDF to get them to work together. Please check out my new tutorial series (New! Primetime UGC Back to Basics, 1 though 5, with part 6 coming soon)

Starfleet vessels with disruptors. Lovely.

Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: All said and done, my first publish is up. search Shades of Grey in new review content. Gonna start playing more foundry missions to get a grip on what this tool can really do.

EDIT: The mission is KDF, I should've mentioned.
  • chicochavezchicochavez Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    skyecolyo wrote: »
    Starfleet vessels with disruptors. Lovely.

Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: All said and done, my first publish is up. search Shades of Grey in new review content. Gonna start playing more foundry missions to get a grip on what this tool can really do.

To be fair, I'm willing to bet the majority of current FED players are using damage types other then phaser, so its not like they can complain.
    Play Star Trek: Allegiance - my first series in the Foundry
  • skyecolyoskyecolyo Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    To be fair, I'm willing to bet the majority of current FED players are using damage types other then phaser, so its not like they can complain.

Not me. I like the quad cannons too much.
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, I've never gotten a review that was like, "Those Gorn ships have the wrong weapons!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah for my Foundry challenge mission I reskinned a bunch of klingon ships to look like Jem'Hadar vessels. the Rek'Arthar are reskinned Fek'Ihri.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • scottfreemanscottfreeman Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ok...so, reskinning works, which I need to try out, and is great to know. Haven't even looked into that aspect...but, I have a related question?

I know it can be done, because I've seen it done before in Foundry missions I've played. (btw? Allegiance was fun...hoping for more in the series?)

How do I get an ally ship, made in costumes, to do something other than sit there? Specific ships, both ally and enemy....to interact in combat?
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    How do I get an ally ship, made in costumes, to do something other than sit there? Specific ships, both ally and enemy....to interact in combat?

You can set their behavior. "Patrol" will have them patrol along a path you set, and "Timid Creature" will have them sit there doing nothing even when under attack.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You can make allies that are true combat units. they'll shoot enemies and not you. But you can't interact with them the same as a regular contact.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg