test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sto Xmpp/jabber Chatserver

prynnceprynnce Member Posts: 98 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
XMPP/JABBER CHATSERVER is not no longer esponding or working right now?
Post edited by prynnce on

Comments

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    prynnce wrote: »
    XMPP/JABBER CHATSERVER is not no longer esponding or working right now?

Looks like the XMPP chat service is currently unavailable but should be back up soon. The team is working to resolve this ASAP (as in hopefully tonight).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    yes i just wnt down a bit ago. it looks like champ online had a big patch I believe they also fixed some major bugs with the gateway. whenever they patch the XXmp connection seems to go a bit iffy id relog your games make sure you have all your PW games patched up. Im sure it will be back up soon.

oh looks like bran beat me to it.... btw I LOVE the XMPP chat it is accually why we started playing sto we were on champ online i was directed to sto wiki to set it up and i just fell in love with sto. not to mention eveyone discussing breeding tribbles on the global chanals also got me curious, Heck my hubby has accually been debating lifetime in both games....

I know a lot of people focus on the negitives in games these days. but combined chatserver/xmpp/ect is complete win even if it goes down at times. Good job whoever thought of it.
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the update. I was chatting with some fleet mates and all of a sudden I DCed and couldn't reconnect to the fleet channel via Pidgin.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Looks like the XMPP chat service is currently unavailable but should be back up soon. The team is working to resolve this ASAP (as in hopefully tonight).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Are we going to see expanded features and support for the xmpp/jabber feature in the future and more promotion of this feature of cryptic?
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    XMPP services should now be restored.

P.S. I don't think CO had a patch or maintenance today.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    It seems it has partially come back up, unable to join fed fleet channel, but klingon fleet channel is working....
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    well i mainly loged into CO for helmet thingy and i had to patch. so im mistaken about that, and yes it is back up all hair the quick programing squad.

the fleet thing has been happening for me for a long time if i join a new fleet i seem to be able to access it fine at first but often after a downtime ill lose access. CO and Global channals have no issue only STO channals.

I accually lost access to my most recent Fleet last tuesday so now i can not access any. (i am gold plus i purchased 2 character slots with zen i have 4 characters, 3 of them have fleets)

But i am hoping it is due to them adding stuff to the chat server/sto gateway maybe someday a phone app. imagine how awsome that could be. especially if you could auction or duty officer via the gateway.
  • Options
    spacediverspacediver Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's been broken for me for a couple weeks (fleet chat). I am a gold member with two fleets. At first the Fed fleet chat stopped working, then a day later the KDF fleet chat stopped. And I hadn't changed a thing in my chat program. I can still PM individual players, but I can't get into my fleets' fleet chat rooms.

I notified Technical Support.

Their response wasn't even close to answering the actual problem. And since I was just censored for showing what they wrote, you guys can't get a good laugh from it.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I just randomly got access to my most recent joined fleet channal.:cool: the one that got cut off last week.. however the other two still arent connectable. :confused:as always normal global channals and champion online global channals work fine.:rolleyes:

I am very happy there is improvment but as a programmer in rl i am baffled by the inconsistancy of this bug. I am hoping this feedback somehow helps in the troubleshooting process assuming they dont already know what is causing it and have a fix in the queue already. :P
  • Options
    dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm having issues connecting to fleet chat too. Since S7, it's been offline most of the time, although it was briefly working for about a week at one point. Also, I can connect to a Tribble fleet, but not a Holodeck fleet.