test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any chance of a bit of consistency?

romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
Reputation system - all the hype, biggest thing since sliced bread... Nerfed...

Patch 1 works fine, a few minor glitches here and there, new patch = Broken game

I think the basic feedback from the majority of these forums is the lack of cionsistency with patches etc etc...

I think the majority on the game what I see have little to no faith in the developers any more.

A new patch means ANOTHER fault... ABNOTHEr game breaker... and it seems that only minor glitches are ever fixed.

The lack of customer service is appalling, lack of dev responses you should be ashamed of... and when we DO get a response it's a smarmy 'I'm better than you, stop moaning' attitude.

Stay consistent... Work on your PR and work on what the people want and DONT think that you are doing us a favour by fixing things...Yes it's an MMO... its living and breathing... but it's also relying on us to pay your wages... and when we pay money we expect it to work...
Post edited by romeowhiskey4 on

Comments

• Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Reputation system - all the hype, biggest thing since sliced bread... Nerfed...

Patch 1 works fine, a few minor glitches here and there, new patch = Broken game

I think the basic feedback from the majority of these forums is the lack of cionsistency with patches etc etc...

I think the majority on the game what I see have little to no faith in the developers any more.

A new patch means ANOTHER fault... ABNOTHEr game breaker... and it seems that only minor glitches are ever fixed.

The lack of customer service is appalling, lack of dev responses you should be ashamed of... and when we DO get a response it's a smarmy 'I'm better than you, stop moaning' attitude.

Stay consistent... Work on your PR and work on what the people want and DONT think that you are doing us a favour by fixing things...Yes it's an MMO... its living and breathing... but it's also relying on us to pay your wages... and when we pay money we expect it to work...

You ever programmed anything in your life that you didn't copy out of a book.

Actually writing the program is about 25% of the work, 75% is debugging. It's an old programmer saying that states, "No matter how many bugs you squash in development and testing, another 1000 will pop up when you release it."

The devs are humans, they make mistakes, and tracking down a major bug and fixing it without causing another major bug is harder than most people think.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    You ever programmed anything in your life

Nope...but then I don't get paid to program things :D

But in my line of work if you get something wrong you generally get sacked...

Bu it doesn't excuse the extremely poor customer service, smarmy replies and lack of consistency...
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Could you please point out a couple of specific posts in which a Dev has engaged in this particular behavior...

"...The lack of customer service is appalling, lack of dev responses you should be ashamed of... and when we DO get a response it's a smarmy 'I'm better than you, stop moaning' attitude..."

I've been around pretty much from the beginning and as of yet, have not seen a SINGLE Dev Post that was as condescending as you are implying.

We've seen a Dev or two in a few past online interviews be a bit 'over-the-top' in regard to this, but nothing recently that I have read or seen has even come close.

I believe that you might be attributing Player Posts to the Dev's.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    But in my line of work if you get something wrong you generally get sacked...

If programers were sacked for releasing buggy code... We'd all still be using DOS 6.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hello again,

It appears there may be some confusion as we have provided a response to this. We cannot continue to revisit the same question as we do not have the resources for that. Unfortunately as this issue is resolved any further replies to this ticket will not receive a response.

Best regards,
    GM-Unception
    Perfect World Support

Customer By Email

11/07/2012 06:10 AM

Hi Unception,

Sorry, but STILL not the right question... I don't want the ship as I already have it... If you look at your CURRENT promotion regarding the duty officer packs, the advertising is misleading .

I am sure you get requests every day BUt what I am saying is that the fact you have 'normalised the chances of getting that particular ship' is misleading.

i never once mentioned a bug...

Please can you read my original complaint, stop trying to dismiss me and maybe perform some
    research into my original issue before advising me that I need to buy keys and lockboxes and that I am reporting a bug...

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Response Via Email (Support Staff 62)

11/06/2012 12:38 PM

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this ticket regarding an in game issue. I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused. For the Temporal Lock box There is a random chance of getting this in regular loot drops. They require a Master Key to open, which is bought off the C-Store for 125 per key, or 1125 for 10 keys. This is working by design and is not a bug. Based on this we cannot grant you the ship or grant you any other item.

Best regards,
    GM-Uncpetion
    Perfect World Support

Customer By Email

11/06/2012 12:25 AM

Hi...
    Not sure if you are sending the correct response as it doesnt actually answer my query...and im not rebelstar27... ?

Response Via Email (Support Staff 62)

11/05/2012 02:00 PM

Hello rebelstar27,

Thank you for your feedback! This MMORPG is a living and evolving experience. As such, the Game will continue to change as we implement and polish new features.

If you wish to discuss your feedback with the game community, we encourage you to do so on the official forums (which you can reach through the community link on the launcher).

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for playing!

Best regards,
    GM-Unception
    Perfect World Support

Transcript of a typical customer service complaint above.

But this is the typical kind of response that people get... dismissive attitude and absolutely no attempt to try and answer a reasonable query that was raised.

And I have submitted numerous tickets in the past via the game, not ONCE have I ever had a response or even an acknowledgment.... My account seems to have lost several expensive items. I am yet to receive a response...

I know I am not the only person to have raised issues such as this, and I also know that I am not the only person to have my issue dismissed. People pay good money to play this and if they have a query or a concern, then effort should be made to answer the query, surely?

It seems that some people need a lesson in customer service, then maybe people wouldn;t be too annoyed when they part with their hard earned cash.
  • Options
    lolimpicardlolimpicard Member Posts: 309
    edited January 2013
    This will likely be deleted.
    I saved it, tho.

I'm used to incompetence/incapacity/blatant advertising/deflection of blame/distracting from the issue/sweettalking and denial of problems, but that conversation went well beyond what I experienced personally.

It also made me laugh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.
  • Options
    pantsmaster916pantsmaster916 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So, CSR copy/paste fail aside... you were originally complaining that the statement "normalised the odds" was misleading? I think that's a problem with your interpretation of the statement, to be frank.

All they meant is that if you had X chance to get the ship from a lockbox @ 125 Zen per chance, then you have X*(275/125) chance to get the ship from a doff pack @ 275 Zen per chance.

If X = 1
    Lock Box = 1% chance
    Doff Pack = 2.2% chance

Because you spend more per roll of the dice.
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This will likely be deleted.
    I saved it, tho.

I'm used to incompetence/incapacity/blatant advertising/deflection of blame/distracting from the issue/sweettalking and denial of problems, but that conversation went well beyond what I experienced personally.

It also made me laugh.

"Operating as intended..."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    cptvanor wrote: »
    If programers were sacked for releasing buggy code... We'd all still be using DOS 6.

You're a tad optimistic - we'd be back at DOS 3.30 ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ahh, I see.. diversion.. someone wants to abe a cryptic employee I see... well, bully for you.. and.. rotsa ruck charly..

I happen to quite agree with the Original poster (here after refered to as OP)

Cryptic customer support does a great deal of "Cut and Past" responses to the point where after 3 years of playing STO I really doubt that a great many of customer responses get more then the most cursory examination. I recently closed several tickets I'd filed in game that had been sitting there for over a year. The tickets still were unresolved.

Cryptic/Perfectworld customer support is some of the very worse in the industry.

Honestly the only reason STO got voted "best free to play MMO" is because they pestered thier users to go vote for them. There are a number of Free 2 Play MMO's that are better, have less bugs, and I can think of one right off the top of my head that has 10x the content (NCSoft's ****)

Perfect World/Cryptic customer support is purely TRIBBLE. You will actually get more response on these forums from Devs then from SC. and thats since the Devs started responding a great deal less on the forums..

..so please, let us at least try to enguage brains here and realize that this particular company silmply wants our money and apparently are not willing to do any more then they absolutly have to, to retain customers. Also recall they have the Fantasy MMO neverwinter in development.

My prediction on Cryptics Neverwinter. It's going to fail.

It will have a core of users which will love it dearly, but frankly there is so much fantasy MMO competition out there that is unlikely to rise above the rest without a great deal of content in place. The Neverwinter Foundry UGC tool is a good thing..but with out a constant flow of content from the developers and a continuing addition to end game content..and a far better job of it the they've done on STO or Champions its simply not going to last that long. I wish them luck though
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My prediction on Cryptics Neverwinter. It's going to fail.

It will have a core of users which will love it dearly, but frankly there is so much fantasy MMO competition out there that is unlikely to rise above the rest without a great deal of content in place. The Neverwinter Foundry UGC tool is a good thing..but with out a constant flow of content from the developers and a continuing addition to end game content..and a far better job of it the they've done on STO or Champions its simply not going to last that long. I wish them luck though

There is one aspect of Neverwinter that might make it succeed. Its Foundry system goes back to the days of D&D where people sit around a table while creating characters and going on adventures that a member of the group has created. In every fantasy MMO I know of, the players are playing through a story that they have no control over. Everyone does the exact same events, talk to the same npcs, fight the same enemies. That will not be the case in Neverwinter assuming players mostly do Foundry missions.
  • Options
    cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I happen to quite agree with the Original poster (here after refered to as OP)

The OP seemed be claiming that the Dev's were the ones with the problem, not CS. Which is a whole different thing.
    Cryptic/Perfectworld customer support is some of the very worse in the industry.

Every MMO I've played has the worse customer service in the industry, according to people on the message boards. NCSoft, Bliz, EA, SoE, you name it and it's the worse ever...
    The Neverwinter Foundry UGC tool is a good thing..but with out a constant flow of content from the developers and a continuing addition to end game content..

The foundry will produce more and better content then the dev's can. The first Never Winter game (well actually 2nd Never Winter, the first was on AOL) was a huge success and vast majority of that was due to the NWN Tool set, and had nothing to do with the content Bioware made.
  • Options
    paneth48paneth48 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    The devs are humans, they make mistakes, and tracking down a major bug and fixing it without causing another major bug is harder than most people think.

Thats not the issue, I think we all know they make mistakes, however its getting back to fixing those mistakes that is the problem. How much time is needed to do that? One month? Two? In the case of many its been 2+ years.

Not fixing something for two years, other than the US government, what job can you pull a pay check for that?

I dont expect bugs to be fixed next day but I do expect them TO be fixed, otherwise it seems rather unprofessional.

Everyone is sick of car analogies but you get one anyway.

If for two years you take your car to a mechanic to have alot of the mechanical problems fixed, and all he really ever did was put in a pair of fuzzy dice on the mirror and wipe the windows, would you pay him?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    cptvanor wrote: »
    Every MMO I've played has the worse customer service in the industry, according to people on the message boards. NCSoft, Bliz, EA, SoE, you name it and it's the worse ever...

"STO customer support is average because people are full of ****" is not a valid argument.
    Absolutely not.

STO customer support is abysmal. It's a fact.
    Does Cryptic even aknowledge any ingame customer support exists (apart from interface buttons)?

NCSoft, Blizzard and SoE - 3/4 of those you mentioned (did EA ever publish an MMOG?) have vastly superior customer support.
    Again, this is a fact and has many reasons (prime among them: money, of course).

STO support might be tied for the very last slot with the customer support of a lot of games that are on the verge of death - like The Secret World - but it certainly isn't anywhere but on the bottom rung.

The volunteer support staff of many games that are indie/small/semi-dead generally is much better than the... facsimile of any kind of ingame support we receive here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    let me clarify the emails. I was emailing wonderng what the `normalised chances` meant. i.e what were the odds of getting the jackpot compared to others. They fobbed me off repeatedly and to me that is NOT cs. That os automation. As regards the devs, take the recent T4 Omega shielding aspect. Yes it was broken tobstart with. But instead of fixing it they nerfed the hell out of it for no reason. And despite doing this and a lot of folks having already CHOSEN this for its proc, they still dont address the issue... instead focus on fixing a bug for a doff mission that only has 3 days left... flr example anyway. So... how do you defend that? The forum manager is aware of this thread... morbid curiosity ni doubt. but i think a response would be in order... from a representative of PW on what the hell is going on and whether they will try to improve their service. Then and ONLY then will they deserve the award of Best MMO... Not by begging their users to vote on some 2 bit backroom website... Hell... I might set up a website and vote it the worst!!! But...I still play... why? Because I foolishly bought thelfetime membership... waste of money...
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi I am here from city of heroes the mmo that spontaniously got shut down after 8 years of play with a 2 month warning, (and we lost any thing we may have spent) prior to the closing the devs were releasing screenshots of new packs and they had thier own form of drop boxes...but youd buy the box in the cstore it had a random chance of costume part or pet.

lockboxes are gambles pure and simple no matter how much they normalize there will always be some guy who spends all his money and gets nothing. and some guy who gets the jackpot on one key. the only way to Guarentee getting the ship you want is buy ten keys and yell hey anyone got a <enter item you want here> I got 10 keys to trade for it! and youll get 10 gambling addicts who got ships they dont want pming you. if your ship was BOP your out of luck. or decaler you got a ship you dont want to trade for one you do want.

in some ways its kinda of comforting to see a dev get annoyed cause it proves that these were not form letters at all.

I accually really like this game and champions online even though they do seem to get much less dev attention than this game. but I have seen sooo many people on these games that seem to just want to find reasons to hate them. on some competing games you get to choose from 5 faces that look the same 5 hair options for each race that is all

some games the ftp makes you buy quickslots, some games the ftp level caps you at newbie content or prevents guild joins/auction use/ any mail or PMs even to friends. some games you cant accually name your companions, Some games that have space travel it is completly on rails. some games dont let you trade in game currency for thier equivelent of zen/lobi.

Yes STO has some bugs, Yes they could use some improvments, most mmos can say that and yes lock boxes are kinda trapish as is any method of gambling. instead of just badmouthing devs maybe make suggestions ask for advice and tips from other players. point out ways that the Devs can sell zen that doesnt involve gambling. Note in CO the drop rate for lockboxes is sooo high you cant even sell the boxes to other players. i can get 200 a box in sto.

ps I program software for a living. not fun software like games more businessy sorts.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Gambling anything should at least show odds of winning, not 'normalised' Hell, i the lottery was 'normalised' instead of showing odds, then it wouldn't be legal... but at least display those odds so people KNOW what their chances are... Problem with lockboxes is that there are people out there who will spend all their money just to get one item. And to display the winners on screen who get that ship only fuels the desire. It's a psychological game between the money makers and the money spenders. Impressive but VERY unethical. And they display certain things that people may have bought with cash, and THEN change it... for example the shielding system... Devs... yes you buy certain things in game but dilithium is paid for mainly by Zen...that zen is MAINLY bought via the website... mainly via credit cards.

When s7 started, they whack up the prices of this and that, and then 'cave' in. Classic technique... raise something to ridiculous levels so everyone kicks off, then reduce it slightly or improve it slightly so it appeases everyone... but in essence still maintain the higher profit level... Dilithium is cheaper than I have ever seen it on exchange...but thats because it is saturated by zen... zen points bought through the company...

My advice... talk to your customers... take criticism and learn from it, or respond properly and give people some time... ackowledge a complaint, explain why it can't be changed or why it's the way it is... Show that you are human...

Branflakes seems to be the only person in the whole of the game that seems to respond... So I would higly recommend a PR guy... because there are a lot of people who would be willing to part with their cash if they knew it would do some good...

Come back down to earth Perfect World... cos it aint so perfect anymore...
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    While the Devs are really doing a good job in my opinion, customer service is lacking. Responses only after days (if at all), getting PMs adressed to other players, getting answers which are simply copy/paste and don't even come close to solving or adressing the problem. If you follow up on a response, you usually get a rude response which basically tells one to "go f**k off".

As far as MMOs are concerned, STOs ingame support is by far the worst.
  • Options
    bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
    edited January 2013
    NCSoft, Blizzard and SoE - 3/4 of those you mentioned (did EA ever publish an MMOG?) have vastly superior customer support.
    Again, this is a fact and has many reasons (prime among them: money, of course).

EA publishered Warhammer Online, and most recently, TOR. Tor has a far worse customer service than here. Check this out...

I bought the deluxe download edition of TOR, played it for a few months, then quit because despite all the promises from the devs during production, it was basically WoW with lightsabers.

About a month or so ago, I decided to go back, since it was now F2P to complete the storylines, so I figured I would do the ones I wanted, then stop playing. When I went and created my new character, I discovered I was missing all my pre-order and DD bonus items. They weren't that great anyways, so this didn't bother me too much. Then I went to some of my older characters to see about equipping and financing my new toon, only to discover I couldn't access my bank (and therefore any of the items I had in there) and nor could I mail items or credits to my new toon. I checked another of my toons, this one was a guild master who could no longer access his guild bank. Impressive, eh?

So, I submitted a ticket asking if I could have my items back out of my various character banks, and also asking why I got none of my pre-order stuff. Their response?

"Sorry, you need to be subscribed before we will assist you with any problems you are experiencing."

So, I lose most of my stuff because I want to play F2P, and whenI ask if it is possible to get it all back, or even some of it, like what I got in pre-order that should be mine anyways, I get told 'No, bugger off.'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    bortjinx wrote: »
    .. cut for brevity ..

Wow. I mean, okay, it's EA, I didn't expect any better. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You're a tad optimistic - we'd be back at DOS 3.30 ;)

What are you talking about, we wouldn't have computers if that was the case.