test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Community Winter Wonderland Closing Party - Jan 10th - 2 Timeslots (GMT & PST/EST)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hi Captains!

I am organizing an in-game (Holodeck) Community Party at Q's Winter Wonderland for this coming Thursday -- since the event is going to be ending next week, I thought we should all get together one last time to participate in the various event and form a group to take down the Snowman Overlord. More information about Q's Winter Wonderland can be found here, and details about it's closure for this year are here.

The first timeslot will be at 8pm GMT/ noon PST/ 3pm EST. (Click here to view in your timezone)

The second timeslot will be at 5pm PST/ 8pm EST/ 1am GMT. (Click here to view in your timezone)

Let's plan to meet in the Gazebo at Q's Winter Wonderland. Please join the REDALERT channel to see any communication/ instructions from myself. Type this command in your chat bar to join the channel: /channel_join REDALERT

If you can't make it Thursday, I would like to try and do these often, and on different days/ times. Feel free to post constructive feedback in here with ideas, including if you would like to see this expanded to other types of events (PvP, Events, STFs, Fleet Actions etc.).

Hope to see many of you Thursday! Dress warm.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Sounds fun. If nothing comes up, I should be free for the 8PM GMT event. :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Overall very pleased with the Winter Wonderland this year. I got jackets for my Orions. Very cool that we can use them on Orion toons, they look far better dressed in jackets and pants than they do running around in those absurd bikinis.
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited January 2013
    So, what will happen to the winter Epohh doff missions once the event closes down?

Will we be able to continue raising pups etc that we already started on New Romulus?

On the event, I managed to get all the log coats on my main and a couple of backups for later. Lots of Romulan marks thanks to the Epohh doff missions and of course the Breen ship!

Very happy with the event, looking forward to this years :D
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    So, what will happen to the winter Epohh doff missions once the event closes down?

Will we be able to continue raising pups etc that we already started on New Romulus?

The Winter Epohh to Romulan Mark trade-in should be available through the GPL conversion console in Quark's and on Drozana once the event ends, but you won't be able to start new DOFF missions that involve the Winter Epohhs or the Winter Epohh Tags. You should also be able to turn in extra Winter Epohh Tags for GPL now (I believe it is 5 winter tags for 200 GPL) and through the console.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thoroughly enjoyed the winter wonderland this year, will be looking forward to kicking some snowman butt with you guys, just gotta hope the instance your in does'nt fill fast brandon.. :cool:
  • weirdtrekie30weirdtrekie30 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm worried about what will happen to the fleet base decoration project after the event ends if it hasn't been finished - Anybody know?
    Admiral Tuwud - High Commissioner, UFP Peace Corps Sigma Red
    logo%203.jpg?gid=272661&source=asset
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    yes sounds like fun I will be there
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm worried about what will happen to the fleet base decoration project after the event ends if it hasn't been finished - Anybody know?
    According to Borticus, back at the beginning of December:
    genhauk wrote: »
    And .... If a fleet does not finish the project before the end of the event, can they boot the special project so they are not stuck with it for a year? :)
    We will have an in-game solution for Fleets that find themselves in this situation, either towards the end of the event or after it is over. You will not end up stuck with the project, don't worry.

:)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • skaldraskaldra Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have a question regarding Q's Autographs... what happens with any extras we have left over, or for those of us who didnt quite make 1000 over the event? Will we be able to trade them for anything?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    INQUISITOR CRUSHER
    Director of Marketing
    ELITE FORCES COMMAND
  • nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Indeed I enjpyed it for what its worth

I suggest that next year (if there is one ;) ) Q visit fleet starbases as well as ESD and Qo'nos.
    Social zones when they are busy tend to give me that texture error and become laggy is why I suggest this.

Also if the event were to happen on the 12th or 13th I might be able to attend. Seems more fitting as well to me at least :)
  • smartynsmartyn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Had a blast with the winter event, now we need a summer beach party on Risa
  • r0bier0bie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sounds like fun! See you then:D
  • bladeofkahlessbladeofkahless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    smartyn wrote: »
    Had a blast with the winter event, now we need a summer beach party on Risa

This!!!

And costume pieces to fit!
    Board shorts and some shades!!
    A surfing contest with a "Big Kahuna" title for the winner :D
    And a chance to earn a Horga'hn ship trophy!

Make it so ;)

It's me, Chrome. [Join Date: May 2009]

"Oh, I may be captain by rank... but I never wanted to be anything else but an engineer." ~Montgomery Scott~
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Loved the winter event great job got all the outfits and the breen ship for my kdf tac :)
    But next year could you add a pvp snow ball fight as well even if u can only do it once a day.

I like the idear of a summer event on risa you could make it Q summer wonderland :rolleyes: you could even add water guns lol
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What about the old party channel?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited January 2013
    The GMT timeslot of the event is coming up in just 30 minutes! Hope to see you at Q's Winter Wonderland then.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • bobbles77777bobbles77777 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    6pm MST timeslot @bobbles7777
  • captsparticus79captsparticus79 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So for those of us that couldnt get the time to gather all the posters needed for the ship ,can we get the ship just for participating or what are we goin to do with them ?????
  • dunfalachdunfalach Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So for those of us that couldnt get the time to gather all the posters needed for the ship ,can we get the ship just for participating or what are we goin to do with them ?????

To the best of my understanding, reading the dev posts, you can keep earning posters up till the 14th, and part of the day on the 14th, depending on your timezone. After that, you can't earn more from running Q's race, but you can buy the posters with Lobi Crystals from the consortium if you're close to finishing enough for the ship and then buy the ship from the consortium, up until the 31st. If you still don't have enough after the 31st, hold onto them for next year.
  • kdp25kdp25 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I loved the event this year(first winter event that I have had the pleasure of going to on STO). My only problem was at times it felt more like Mardi Gra then winter was being celebrated what with the bead shortage.:)
    edited January 2013
    The PST/EST timeslot of the event is coming up in just 1 hour! Hope to see you at Q's Winter Wonderland then.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited January 2013
    Thank you to everyone who made it out to the party today! Had a great time, and hope you enjoy Q's Winter Wonderland some more over the weekend before it ends next Monday :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.