test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anti Borg weapons

jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So just noticed that they are gone in the stores. I still have my Anti Borg cannons and turrents. But then I heard they dont always work correctly. I did not notice anything a miss. So should I jump and get some other cannons? I wanna stay antiproton since I have 5 Antiproton purple consoles. I am in a fleet that has most of everything unlocked. What is the best Antiproton borg canon weapon? What I have? "MK12 anti Borg cannon? Something in general? Or fleet?
Post edited by jtmarsh on

Comments

• bghostbghost Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    fleet10/char
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The Anti-Borg Space Weapons were removed from the Omega Store since they didn't work on every Borg enemy. Cure Space is particularly bad about it. So they added a passive power that does pretty much the same thing, but works against everything instead of just Borg.
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wait - what - there are no anti-borg weapons in the new Omega rep system?? I must be reading this wrong - what the heck would you do with the rep system - people used the STF to get decent weapons before - that's gone?

Edit:

Holy TRIBBLE I just checked to toon that I have level 4 rep - was waiting for level 5 to get anything - there are NO space weapons?? WTF??? what is someone supposed to do if they are not in a fleet??

WTF is the point of this rep system if you can't buy the old weapons? Even if they did not work all the time they were still decent weapons for PvE.

This is BS - someone tell me this is a mistake?
  • lolimpicardlolimpicard Member Posts: 309
    edited January 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    The Anti-Borg Space Weapons were removed from the Omega Store since they didn't work on every Borg enemy. Cure Space is particularly bad about it. So they added a passive power that does pretty much the same thing, but works against everything instead of just Borg.

So... what happens if someone uses old Anti-Borg weapons with the new set bonus against a Borg enemy the proc works against?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wait - what - there are no anti-borg weapons in the new Omega rep system?? I must be reading this wrong - what the heck would you do with the rep system - people used the STF to get decent weapons before - that's gone?

Edit:

Holy TRIBBLE I just checked to toon that I have level 4 rep - was waiting for level 5 to get anything - there are NO space weapons?? WTF??? what is someone supposed to do if they are not in a fleet??

WTF is the point of this rep system if you can't buy the old weapons? Even if they did not work all the time they were still decent weapons for PvE.

They are gone.
  • tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Edit:

There's the Omega Torpedo and Cutting Beam. (I know that's not what you were referring to, but I just wanted to point out saying there's NO space weaons isn't quite right.)

As for the point of the rep system? Well there's the Omega/Honor/MACO gear, the Borg Assimilated set, the new set the Assimilated Console is part of, the ground gear, the consumables, there's still plenty there. Just not the regular space weapons. If that's all you cared about, then I guess the rep system is useless to you, but it's not to a lot of other people.

And if you're not in a fleet, you can always do things the other way. Get them as drops, crafting, mission rewards, buy off the exchange, the dilithium store, etc.

Or you know, join a fleet. There's plenty of ones out there that don't require any real participation, they're just there for the rewards. Of course, you're not forced to join a fleet - you don't need Mark XII weapons for any content in the game anyway.
  • luxchristianluxchristian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Nope, they are gone.
    You still can get equal or better weapons from:

Mission rewards.
    Mission loot.
    Fleet events rewards.
    Fleet events loot.
    STF loot.
    Exchange.
    Romulus Reputation Plasma weapon.
    Zenstore (Aux DHC cannons if you have a Vesta).
    Lockboxes.
    Foundry missions. Especially the "kill dozens of enemys" missions.
    Fleets. Advanced weapons are T2.

I don't know how many blue MKXI weapons I have discarded for EC in the last mounth.
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited January 2013

If you are in need of Fleet services, you are more than welcome to join us - No strings attached, no applications to file, no hoops to jump through, no demands. That way you can acquire the Fleet Weapons that are far superior than anything out there at the moment.

But to your concern, yep they DEEPSIX the entire Gear store.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    as a new player you get:

- sets from reputations
    - plasma space weapons from romulan reputation
    - all other weapons as drops/exchange or from the fleet shops for hard Dill.

am i missing something?
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    duaths1 wrote: »
    as a new player you get:

- sets from reputations
    - plasma space weapons from romulan reputation
    - all other weapons as drops/exchange or from the fleet shops for hard Dill.

am i missing something?

I believe he wants the old stuff back, which is a no go since its been deepsix - As you mentioned though, there are new stuff that are nice.

I saw someone used a Romulan Flame Turret - thing rocks.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • lolimpicardlolimpicard Member Posts: 309
    edited January 2013
    stark2k wrote: »
    I believe he wants the old stuff back, which is a no go since its been deepsix - As you mentioned though, there are new stuff that are nice.

I saw someone used a Romulan Flame Turret - thing rocks.

It should also be noted that we got the Ground/Space Warfare DOffs, which sort of fill that gap aswell, and not just versus The Collective.

The old anti-Borg weapons + anti-Borg DOff + Reputation abilities + new set boni should make for some awesome damage, tho, if the proc happens to work.

Never was a big fan of the anti-Borg proc myself, except for the torpedos and mines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.
  • stephane2258stephane2258 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Another reason to ate season 7. I have completed the Omega reputation partially to complete my MK XII weaponry, just to discover that they don't exist anymore! Ya I saw a few post about using the fleet weapon instead, but we are a small fleet and we don't have enough for every characters. Thanks Criptic for another TRIBBLE up.
  • gbehlpnu2012gbehlpnu2012 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Another reason to ate season 7. I have completed the Omega reputation partially to complete my MK XII weaponry, just to discover that they don't exist anymore! Ya I saw a few post about using the fleet weapon instead, but we are a small fleet and we don't have enough for every characters. Thanks Criptic for another TRIBBLE up.

People who have just come back to the game after a new season and complain because stuff changed are kinda silly. But on the other hand, cryptic has been putting buggy new features ontop of buggy non-working old features. They either don't have the staff to fix it, or don't care to because it's not worth their time. Problem is they are diluting their Brand name and reputation with the gaming community by giving us half-baked goods. I still am hoping we get that flamethrower...but really what good is it now that the winter event is almost over..i was hoping to melt some snowmen and make smores. U really let us all down cryptic!!!