test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan Reputation Assignments - Advanced Scorpion Hangar Pet

lassitimlassitim Member Posts: 10 Arc User
I am trying to fulfill the Advanced Scorpion Hangar Pet (Very Rare/Purple) and it is calling for 20 - Engineering or Operations Duty Officers (Uncommon). I have many green quality Engineering and operations duty officers but it does not give me the opportunity to load them. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fill these duty officers for this assignment?
Post edited by lassitim on

Comments

• xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    lassitim wrote: »
    I am trying to fulfill the Advanced Scorpion Hangar Pet (Very Rare/Purple) and it is calling for 20 - Engineering or Operations Duty Officers (Uncommon). I have many green quality Engineering and operations duty officers but it does not give me the opportunity to load them. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fill these duty officers for this assignment?

Common doffs
  • lassitimlassitim Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This might be a stupid question, but what are common doffs?
  • unangbangkayunangbangkay Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This might be a stupid question, but what are common doffs?

Doff = Duty Officer
    Common = white, no colored border around the picture or colored text in the name

You can get them from personnel recruitment missions out of Starfleet/KDF Academy, exchange missions, standard duty officer packs, and what is lovingly called the doff grinder, which allows you to break down higher-quality doffs for more lower quality ones and vice-versa.

Keep in mind, the Doff grinder and the "General Recruitment" recruitment mission (but not "[Officer Cadre] missions") both have a dilithium fee attached.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    you can slo get common doffs from a fleet starbase, provided you have enough Fleet credits for it. maybe someone would be helpful enough to give you an invite...unless ofc you have reached past t2 lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • lassitimlassitim Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The thing is, I assignment calls for uncommon (green) engineering or operations duty officers and I already have more than the required amount on my roster. Unfortunately, the assignment fulfillment does not give me the option to fill these doffs to my assignment so that it can start. Any suggestions?
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    From what I've heard it's simply mislabeled in the game as green, try slotting white doffs instead.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The thing is, I assignment calls for uncommon (green) engineering or operations duty officers and I already have more than the required amount on my roster. Unfortunately, the assignment fulfillment does not give me the option to fill these doffs to my assignment so that it can start. Any suggestions?
    Use white doffs.

I think it's a bug, since lower rank of scorpion fighter need 30white doff (or 20?), and the last rank need "only" 10 of them. I suppose they want to be 10 uncommon/rare doffs, could explain why they ask less of them for a higher rank.

What's blocking me to have those fighters is the dil cost, with the rank 5 quest I have enough, but it's unrefined.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's lying. You need whites.
  • jackmilhousejackmilhouse Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013

same problem. ultra rare scorpion

rare blue eng. or opr. duty officer can not contribute.

nice bug
  • denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Similar issue with romulan or reman ground reinforcements. They say they need uncommon but only accept common. So the higher tiers actually take less doffs.

Presumably this is an unintended consequence of reducing or removing higher-quality doff requirements across the board on starbases. I imagine it'll be fixed to either say common and require more, or just take uncommon -- eventually.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I picked up the Rare and Very Rare Scorpion Fighters and they were cool in all but in retrospect I should have just waited till I hit T5 in the Romulan Rep system and just picked up the Ultra Rare Scorpion Fighters.

Are we required to have already unlocked the lower levels of the Scorpion Fighters before for we can get the Ultra Rare Scorpion Fighters?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    errab wrote: »
    Are we required to have already unlocked the lower levels of the Scorpion Fighters before for we can get the Ultra Rare Scorpion Fighters?
    I don't think so. However I did the mistake to take the rare ones, didn't know an ultra rare version was available, so I can't be 100% sure.

I wish we could "upgrade" those we already have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would like to drop this as i don"t have the pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You can skip the lower levels of scorpion fighters and just build the ultra-rare scorpion fighters. Have two ultra-rare scorpion fighters and never built any of the other fighters.
  • seawolf71299seawolf71299 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm wondering if anyone has had any issues with contributing the correct Peregrine Fighter. I have a carrier and the blue/rare Peregrine and a purple Peregrine, but it won't let me contribute this to start the project. I have everything else in place. Is there something I maybe missing?
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The correct peregrine fighter is the peregrine from the shipyard vendor that sells it for Energy Credits. You don't need to buy the one from the dilithium store or buy a carrier to get the peregrine fighters.