test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Subspace Field Modulator

hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
I always wondered this, but why is it that you can only have one of these? At the time you get it, it's perfectly alright since at that point you are usually running just one ship. But later in the game, when you're running multiple ships, I think it would probably be useful to have more than one, since you can then put one on each ship.

I don't mind it being limited at 1 per ship, and they have the ability to do that, like with the wide-angle quantum torp and the new rommie plasma beam array, but why make it one per character?

My suggestion:
You can have as many of the things as you want, but you can only put one per ship. Would save some time when switching ships I think...

Counter argument:
Just get the bloody thing off of the ship it's already on and just put it on whatever you plan on using.

That aside, I really see no reason to limit it to one per char, as long as it's still just one per ship.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
Post edited by hereticknight085 on

Comments

• leoll2leoll2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah I agree, everyone has that modulator and every ship should have one. As you said, multiple modulators on a ship would be unfair, so I like the idea of "max 1 for char"
    Not a hard-work for devs, this will make the game a little better; remember that many little features are usually better than a big one :)
    P2W means Play To Win

Archimede - Leader and Founder of "Raiders of Starfleet"
    ...and 21 other characters!
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    leoll2 wrote: »
    Yeah I agree, everyone has that modulator and every ship should have one. As you said, multiple modulators on a ship would be unfair, so I like the idea of "max 1 for char"
    Not a hard-work for devs, this will make the game a little better; remember that many little features are usually better than a big one :)

On one of my characters i have like 3 of these things. No need to limit it since its global cool down is the same as its after use cool down. So more than one is redundant.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • claransaclaransa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I always wondered this, but why is it that you can only have one of these? At the time you get it, it's perfectly alright since at that point you are usually running just one ship. But later in the game, when you're running multiple ships, I think it would probably be useful to have more than one, since you can then put one on each ship.

I don't mind it being limited at 1 per ship, and they have the ability to do that, like with the wide-angle quantum torp and the new rommie plasma beam array, but why make it one per character?

My suggestion:
    You can have as many of the things as you want, but you can only put one per ship. Would save some time when switching ships I think...

Counter argument:
    Just get the bloody thing off of the ship it's already on and just put it on whatever you plan on using.

That aside, I really see no reason to limit it to one per char, as long as it's still just one per ship.

/Signed

with the upcoming ability to send our extra ships out to do jobs for us I would like each of my ships to have ONE subspace field modulator on it because I for one like to play multiple ships and its a PITA to have keep swapping out this one device. The capability to limit a device to only one per ship already exists in game, should be easy to switch this over.