test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ask Cryptic: January 2013 - Submit Your Questions, Please!

Comments

• kkingrulzzkkingrulzz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am eager to know what will be coming in season 8, i remember you said that romulans and cardassians will become a playable faction, can you give us any more details?
  • lolimpicardlolimpicard Member Posts: 309
    edited January 2013
    Is there any ETA on the patch to fix the model data issues that have come up with the renderer improvements?

I hope that's not too technical, I tried to formulate the question in a marketing friendly way.

I'm referring to the black polygons due to flipped surface normals (or what).
    The overwhelming majority of ships still have these issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    will we see any new content in the alien creator system like new alien parts?
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Fleet starbase questions:
    • Fleet Mark grind is more annoying than any other 'ingredient' for fleet projects. Could there be a boost to the Officer of the Watch daily since it is 1) wholly designed by the dev team, 2) rewards no dilithium, 3) is only for fleet members, 4) encourages people to visit their fleet holdings (and maybe make people feel easier about paying 200,000 dilithium for those weekly special projects).
    • Are there ways we'll be able to search for fleets based on factors like starbase level, number of members, and users active within a given period of time?
      Are there any plans to make it so everyone in the fleet can see what project is queued without being able to change it (read-only), since fleets want people to know what to be prepared for but may not want virtually anyone being able to change which projects come next?
    • Can we get the name of our starbase to appear when doing missions like Starbase Blockade, Fleet Alert, etc. or for it to have an object name in the map instance when visiting the system in the Eta Eridani block?
    • Some more flexibility in who can donate to projects when (give group A priority for X time), or allow rank B to modify certain projects but not others)?
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Why wasn't the power to create PVP based maps given to the Foundry? Will such an ability ever be considered Foundry Material?

Why is it that doing the "old" STFs give more Omega Marks then doing the new Romulan ones give Romulan Marks?

Why wasn't the Daily for Ker'rat/N'vak etc.. ever given an Omega Mark Reward?

With a bug fix happening for Ker'rat's previous lack of Walls, does this mean the Nuke Ker'rat button has been tossed out, and we can expect to see more on Ker'rat. Or are you still considering Nuking Ker'rat?

It's been mentioned that more PVP maps are coming. Can you give those of us that PVP a time table on WHEN we'll see these new Maps and other PVP Features that have been hinting about for a long time?

With the Federation getting the Vesta, does this mean the KDF can expect to see their own version, or something similar, in the near future?

When will Aliens be given more Tailor options, including, but not limited to, current playable Race parts?

I have noticed many topics asking for a "Pug made" Que in the PVP Ques system. Are there plans to do something for the people asking for such a setup? (For example: If you don't have exactly 5 members teamed up, you can't Que up for Pre-made Que. And you can't que up for Pug made Que if you are on a team)

When will we see more on the Undine, including perhaps upgrades to that STF and future releases?

When something new gets released, often times then not, it seems to have more care towards the PVE Aspect then the PVP Aspect. As a pvper, this seems to hurt PVP more then help it. Can you go into any detail on why this happens, and if any steps are being taken in the future to reduce such problems?

Do you PVP in STO? And if so, how many of your fellow co-workers do you team with on a regular basis? And, have you ever beaten a "premade" or "Pug made" with that team?

Are there any Doff effects you'd like to see in STO, and why?

The Reputation system originally sounded like it would give us more levels, but so far it seems more of another grind sink in STO. Are there any actual plans for a future Level cap increase, or a true addition of levels that doesn't require you to grind out items in order to achieve those powers?
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Will there ever be playable Undine ships/a playable Undine Faction? I know that many players who watched Voyager were put in awe of the Nicor, especially in the episode "Scorpion". We also encounter these ships as NPCs in STO, and I was just curious if we would ever get a chance to fly one.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • grae3107grae3107 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi,

I have two questions.

1) Will we see a change in the galaxy map for the Romulan Empire to show the difference between the new and old empires? The Tal Shiar would still have a firm grasp of the old star systems contained in the Empire and New Romulus is a break away from this. Add to this that both the Federation and Klingon Empire are engaging the Tal Shiar in defence of the New Romulus should we not be at a state of war with the old empire?

and

2) Can we see a change to the Red Alerts? Can the cool down be changed from daily to hourly or 30 minutes as with the Officer Reports. I have stopped dropping in to red alerts as often there will be only 1 or 2 other people making the mission impossible. Also can we see more random variety to the none Tau Dewa alerts such as using the colony invasion map for a ground mission, the warzone map for an assault on a new repair facility or even a basic space combat mission to intercept an assimilation force?

Thanks
  • flotahispanaflotahispana Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    -When will be a release for Americas? Any date for a Spanish localization?
  • samseabornsamseaborn Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    With the end of the winter event looming, I'm sitting on more Latinum than ever. Whatever happened to the notion of 'cool' vanity items that were floated around, like custom transporter effects and the likes, rather than waddling around like a borg drone?
  • keeny75keeny75 Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    pattonj324 wrote: »
    With just under 1 month until the 3rd anniversary of STO, could you give us any details about the event that you all have planned and will we be seeing the Ambassador and/or K'Vort Classes as playable starships?

...and could you please leak any kind of info on TNG and/or Voyager bundles?

-Patton

This has been tossed about to many times and from what I can make of it the ambassador class will either appear in the 3rd anniversary or season 8.

They have been in talks with Denise Crosby so I think the mission will be very much yesterday's enterprise type mission where you will be rewarded with the ship at the end of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Will / Can there be a way to change the spices that we are? When I first joined STO I opted for human than later on you released playable cation faction in the c store.

I would love to be a cation but I don't want to start again from scratch to do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have asked this question 3 times with no answer so this is the final time
    Are we ever going to see mirror universe bridges or skins of fed bridges with the terran empire symbol on them
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • leoll2leoll2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1) Are you going to translate the game into other languages? (eg Chinese, Spanish, Russian, Italian, ...)

2) Will fleet starbase have an ice-track or, at least, a place where we can use our Frozen Boots? Maybe something like an activable simulation in the starbase holodeck.

Bye!
    P2W means Play To Win

Archimede - Leader and Founder of "Raiders of Starfleet"
    ...and 21 other characters!
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have a question.

Are there something in the pipeline regarding the lower levels of ESD?
    /Floozy
  • game5pockgame5pock Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    When are we going to get new bridge officer skills?

What plans are there to make the game feel even more "Star Trek"?
  • sisko09sisko09 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Will we ever see the vest that Captain Picard wore in Star Trek: First Contact?
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have another... All those rhetorical people in first city you have to talk to in the tutorial that serve no other purpose after you do the tutorial... Is there ever going to be a purpose for them? Just seems like a waste of hard work to build something that is suppossed to teach a new player about the KDF side and yet has no further use than to make a new warrior run around in circles.
  • kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1) You mentioned a complete revamp of the game UI for Season 8. Could you elaborate any more on this? Will unclear and ugly menus like the character/ship status windows or the foundry mission list be improved?

2) Would you consider implementing a role check option to the random group finder for elite STFs (3x DPS, Tank, Healer)? Due to the extreme surplus of tactical officers, STO's "role system" is completely useless. The non-STF missions added in Season 7 also clearly favor pure DPS, intensifying this development.

3) Now that the STO team has significantly increased in size, will it be possible to divert resources to re-master/re-arrange more "old" storyline missions? The Starfleet storyline is scattered with extremely boring missions (e.g., "Ground Zero") and very ugly maps (e.g., "Rapier").

4) Any chance of seeing new canon enemy species such as the Sheliak, Son'a, Talarians or Tzenkethi any time soon?

5) Do you plan to release further Federation member species as playable races (e.g., Deltans, Denobulans, Grazerite, Zakdorn) as simple C-store purchases or do you plan to incorporate such important additions to the game as part of storyline developments in the future?
  • somedudezsomedudez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Any chance of Picard's holo Tommy gun? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    will there be new reputation introduced once a new lock box is introduced? will they tie in at all? or is rep only going to be part of seasonal updates?
  • justin2384justin2384 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Could we see a way where two or maybe even more smaller fleets could for an alliance and build a star base together?

Is there an way we could deal with the players that go "AFK" during fleet mark or Romulan mark missions but still get the reward the team earns at the end. Maybe a vote to kick or a auto kick timer if they go afk for to long.
  • maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    will there be allowed more time to test new features before they are released? the reputation has been a bit of a disaster because of the lack of proper testing and now the "fixes" are causing cause for concern.
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • captainblondecaptainblonde Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Can we expect the KDF to be completed in season8? It wouldn't hurt to give us counterparts of the released FED ships, a way larger variety of costume pieces and designs of the armors and kits. If the klingon faction were updated along with the fed, way more players would play with it, which would bring more money to the creators in the end. I think its worth the effort.
    edited January 2013
    Will the skill cap increases will ships get more console slots? If so how many?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Will the KDF ever get access to the mercenary costume? There are lots of 'alien'-characters on the red side who would love to have something to wear which is not an Omega armor or a distinctive klingon outfit. Some people like to play a Cardassian or Romulan and they look just stupid in the outfits currently available to KDF.
  • razhgalrazhgal Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Could carriers get a feature, where the amount of fighter pets that are in combat can be displaied?
    Romeo - Engineer D'Kora / Leia - Science Charal
    Sirius - Tactical Kumari / Hatschy - Tactical Scimitar
    lil - Engineer Corvette / Dark - Tactical Guramba
  • martakurillmartakurill Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Here's my question:

With the possibility of a skill cap increase and tier 6 ships mentioned last month, are ALL of the current Tier 5 / Fleet / C-store ships going to made obsolete, forcing the player to select from only one of a few new ships? Or will there be some method of further upgrading our ships so they remain competitive?
  • allocaterallocater Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Does the current engine support the possibility to record and replay STFs or even PvP battles? It could be fun to watch afterward what everybody did. Or make screenshots and videos from different perspectives.
  • cletusdeadmancletusdeadman Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The Lobi store seems to be one of the most repressive gaming system I have ever seen in an MMO. You can't move Lobi to different characters and you can't move the items purchased to different characters as well. This prevents me (and I assume others) from purchasing Lock Box Keys since this bennifit doesn't really existing outside of the toon that used the key.
    So tell me, is this draconian system working as intended, or just a side effect that Cryptic is happy with preventing players from purchasing the keys?
  • joelzidanejoelzidane Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    20 years of DS9 and no celebration in Star Trek Online?
This discussion has been closed.