test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

In case you were thinking about B'rolths...

momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Klingon Discussion
Sometimes I see people sitting on the fence about these things, wondering if they are worth the dilithium cost. So I offer this public service announcement :D

Carrier pets take first place in damage

If you have a Vo'quv, stop hesitating, because they are absolutely worth it.
Post edited by momaw on

Comments

• Options
    tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Quick question-does that parser go by user name, or ship name? Just curious, because I fly the USS Osiris.
  • Options
    mustafatennickmustafatennick Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Great pos I love the brothls can't beat critibg 40k on Some unsuspecting Borg cube ;)

Off topic, sorry but where ca. You get a dps parser and information on setting one up

Also would you be able to go into some action with the advanced toduj as I like to use the basic ones on stuff like to Romulan mark missions where my target have low hulls and I tend to have to switch targets a lot and I was wondering wether the advanced were worth the extra

Thanks
    ----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====---- :cool:
  • Options
    roddy229roddy229 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I use them on the carrier build I have set for STF's. Nasty buggers!
    Vice Admiral Thylek Shran- U.S.S. Omega (Odyssey Class Battleship) United Federation Space Command
    Vice Admiral T'vix RRW Talon (Scimitar Drednought)
    General S'tal IKS Q'vat (Bortasq' Battle Cruiser)
  • Options
    twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Very nice.

Would I be pushing it if I was interested in a comparison of the Brolths heads-up to the adv Fer'jai?
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    How do BoPs stand next to the Karfi's frigates? I know the BoP does more straight-up damage since it has CRF and THY, but the with the frigates tossing around trics, mines, and aceton fields (for the debuff; TRIBBLE the damage), I am not sure which to pick up.

PS
    Can the frigates even be used on a Voquv, or are they Karfi only the way BoPs are Voquv only?
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    BoP - Vo'Quv only.

Fer'Jai - Kar'Fi only.
  • Options
    momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If any Kar'fi + frigates captains want to run a side by side comparison with my Vo'quv + B'rolths, we can set up a date. Though I think any data generated should be heavily salted since there are a lot of variables in pet performance.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'd probably say the B'rolths are more straight-up DPS, while the Fer'jai frigates are more strategy-based. Fer'jai frigates can still hit super-hard with their tric torps and mines (but may not hit if they are shot down), while the BoPs are more alpha-striky in their attacks using their torps and CRF.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    spock1003spock1003 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What is that software you used to tell you the DPS? :confused:

Please tell me! It would really help with my brand new Vo'quv!

Fix the crew losses on a Vo'quv Carrier! Also the BOP AI!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tsf00181tsf00181 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've been using the advanced BoPs for awhile now. Here's one I did yesterday compiled with combatlogparser from sourceforge. It likes to list the BoP damage under the controlling player, but you get the idea.

logparser.jpg
  • Options
    mvaiksmvaiks Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    spock1003 wrote: »
    What is that software you used to tell you the DPS? :confused:

Please tell me! It would really help with my brand new Vo'quv!

I use STOICS.

http://malicia.straygenius.com/wiki/index.php?title=STO_Integrated_Combat_Software
    --- My sig begins here ---
    Member since Jan 24th 2010 (more or less)
    Career Officer
  • Options
    tsf00181tsf00181 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The key to really pumping out the DPS with the advanced BoPs is three of the purple recharge hanger doffs and high aux. I think my launch time is right at 20 seconds. You keep launching every 20 seconds even if they aren't dead so they can keep spamming Torpedo High yield 2 with the quantum's.

By doing that, those little guys will kill just about anything in their path. Letting the pets do all your damage means you can concentrate on tanking and keeping yourself alive.
  • Options
    spock1003spock1003 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    mvaiks wrote: »

Thank you! :)

That was really useful and I found out my basic birds of prey were doing twice the damage my fighters were...almost as much as me!

Fix the crew losses on a Vo'quv Carrier! Also the BOP AI!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]