test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What will happen to the extra 8x10 glossys of Q

mugat0mugat0 Member Posts: 680 Arc User
Once I have my 1000 pictures to trade in for my FREE Breen ship, and I have extra pictures, what can I use them for? Is there a console I can trade for romulan marks or something useful in game? Is there any plans for a console of sorts for extra pictures of Q?
Thanks. :D

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    put them on ebay??
    Live long and Prosper
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i think the cryptic QA team must have overlooked this due to doing extensive testing and adjustment...

:D

no srsly...i'm 100% sure nobody had asked this question when they came up with the idea...

also why 40 per day up to 1000...why not 4 and up to 100? Or 1 up to 25? Some things just do not follow any pattern that might be understandable to humans in this game.
    Go pro or go home
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'd reccomend keep them until further notice.
    Actually, I would reccomend collect more of them. Who knows, there might be a new ship next year, and in that case you might have a headstart on getting another 1000 quicker. Lets say you'll manage 600 extras... ...then you'll only need 400 next year to get the ship.
    /Floozy
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I heard Cryptic was planing to email people actual 8x10 scale replica Q posters for every one remaining in their inventory at the closing of the event.
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    nynik wrote: »
    I heard Cryptic was planing to email people actual 8x10 scale replica Q posters for every one remaining in their inventory at the closing of the event.

Cool. So when i recieve proper 1000 8x10's in my email, can i reply and get a proper starship for'em? :D :cool: :D
    /Floozy
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hmm... it'd be cool if we could convert them to GPL later.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    baudl wrote: »
    i think the cryptic QA team must have overlooked this due to doing extensive testing and adjustment...

:D

no srsly...i'm 100% sure nobody had asked this question when they came up with the idea...

also why 40 per day up to 1000...why not 4 and up to 100? Or 1 up to 25? Some things just do not follow any pattern that might be understandable to humans in this game.

It makes sense when you take a look at the holiday item vendor: you can buy an insignificant amount of pictures for a significant amount of lobi crystals. Which is why i won't compensate the races "lost" during my holidays and won't get that ship anyway. And i'm pretty sure many people will do the same. (At least I hope so).
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I know that from my own standpoint, after getting all the 1000 photos on all my toons in 2 days time I will have run 275 races and i am sorry but I am not running any more for a few surplus photos even if they are worth GPL later.

Chances are I will basically give STO a break until maybe the third anniversary and go to another game since this one has distracted me for so long.

My advice therefore is it really worth running the race when better rewards are available elsewhere once you have the ship, especially since the dilithium market is flatlining and zen is dirt cheap?

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It would make sense for the pictures to be convertible to at least GPL. But they're not and I'm really not sure any available conversion for them is planned.

I think I won't be collecting them after getting the ships (a couple days, hopefully).

And I also don't know what I'll actually do with the winter commodities. I guess they'll be virtually unsaleable after the event ends, since there'll be no use for them... until the next year, possibly. But who can tell what the next winter event will be like?
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    dirlettia wrote: »
    I know that from my own standpoint, after getting all the 1000 photos on all my toons in 2 days time I will have run 275 races and i am sorry but I am not running any more for a few surplus photos even if they are worth GPL later.

Chances are I will basically give STO a break until maybe the third anniversary and go to another game since this one has distracted me for so long.

My advice therefore is it really worth running the race when better rewards are available elsewhere once you have the ship, especially since the dilithium market is flatlining and zen is dirt cheap?

I had the 21 free lobi sitting around so I decided to expermient.

I got 17 extra photo's... which effected what exatly?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    toiva wrote: »
    It would make sense for the pictures to be convertible to at least GPL. But they're not and I'm really not sure any available conversion for them is planned.

I think I won't be collecting them after getting the ships (a couple days, hopefully).

And I also don't know what I'll actually do with the winter commodities. I guess they'll be virtually unsaleable after the event ends, since there'll be no use for them... until the next year, possibly. But who can tell what the next winter event will be like?
    Winter food is very saleable though! If you aren't going to keep the commods convert them to food!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Winter food is very saleable though! If you aren't going to keep the commods convert them to food!

Damn I'm stupid (those jackets might sell well in the coming months as well). I don't get how I missed all that... :o
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • trypwyrtrypwyr Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I read a suggestion in another thread (sorry to whoever posted it, I can't remember): Let us purchase a trophy for our ship. I'd keep doing the race, even tho I just got my ship, if I could get an actual framed and autographed picture of Q for my ready room.

Bonus if it's Amanda "Q" Rogers... ;)
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Why would you have extra?

If they do convert them to GPL I hope they don't request 5 per like the Epohh tags. I have 2 so I get to dig in the snow until I get 5?

Better to get 6 and 200 Rom Mks.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,797 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    nynik wrote: »

All I have to say ":D"
    DUwNP.gif

• thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am one of those people that have lots of pics but less than 1000.. so I will probably never get the ship. If I added all the pics of my characters to one character I would probably be able to get the ship.. but since I can't... :/
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Cause of Real Life Holiday Stuff, it'll be five more races before I have 1000...

I actually still kinda-sorta suk at doing the race, so I'm gonna continue practicing as many times as I can. :o
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This is a fair question from the OP.

In other games, they usually put a tag on the item to let the player know that it will disappear after the event is over. If it remains, it's usually used for a future feature. I'm guessing they'll use it for the next winter event.

The GPL conversion that people have mentioned also seems like a completely viable solution, since it won't harm the income of the companies. Let's face it, GPL is pretty much worthless, with the exception of Doff missions. Or, maybe they'll introduce a Q Holo-emitter? That would be funny. Maybe JamJamz could give us a rowboat? TacoTumorBoyFangs could give us a framed picture, as was suggested?

Either way, I'd like to see a Dev, or Branflakes let us in on what's going to happen with them.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'd prefer a conversion to rom marks myself.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'd prefer LOBI

(but I realize that ain't ever gonna happen)

:(
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would like a portrait to hang on my ready room's wall. :)
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • chahk42chahk42 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I got my Chel Grett early with a bunch of Lobis (don't judge me, I'm weak :P ), but have been keeping up with the daily mission. By the 14th I will have enough for a 2nd ship, but was wondering if there was going to be another use for these after the event ends.

Here's hoping they'll let us convert them back to Lobi! Long shot I know, but I can dream, right?
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    chahk42 wrote: »
    I got my Chel Grett early with a bunch of Lobis (don't judge me, I'm weak :P ), but have been keeping up with the daily mission. By the 14th I will have enough for a 2nd ship, but was wondering if there was going to be another use for these after the event ends.

Here's hoping they'll let us convert them back to Lobi! Long shot I know, but I can dream, right?

That's just silly, I mean fair enough you didn't want to wait for the ship but it's not like you can sell the second one use it on another toon or anything like that. I'm probably not going to use the one I have on my fed, so I hope I can sell it at some point.
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm going to save mine for next year. Hopefully next year they will use photos of Q for a new ship again.

That way I can get the next free ship even faster. Though it sucks I will be wasting a bank slot for a whole year. Its filled up with too much TRIBBLE already.
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think I had a few extra lobi on one toon, so I traded it at the vendor to see how it worked out. I ended up with 5 extra photos. Sigh. What to do? What to do? Sigh...... Oh, well.
  • tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I only did the race once, so I only have a small stack of them. However, they would make a good common coinage for any Q festivities in the future, regardless of season. Q is quite a narcissist, and that is all the explanation you should need lol.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.