test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Has your Medium to Small Starbase been ground to a Halt?

1235»

Comments

• born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well I don't want to come off as having a big ego - but I hope this thread - and others like it had some doing in Cryptics recent changes to add more Fleet marks and dilthium back into the system.

I am sure they have lots of data to go by showing that fleets were failing just as people in this thread were saying.

now if they could change the officer of the watch to 25 fleet marks a day it would give reason to go there. In my KDF fleet I joined last week there are 25-30 people avg - online all the time!! 250 members and the base is 1/3 the way to tier 5 - STILL the base is always empty - making this officer of the watch change should drive more traffic there and the more time you are at the base the more people will feel commited.

This is especially important to the medium and small fleets for members to feel connected to their fleet base before they ditch it all together.

So Cryptic - this should be your next move - just adding stuff here and there still won't get people really feeling they are connected to this virtual thing.

The officer of the watch change could be done quick - then you could move to more individual fleet customization.
    edited December 2012
    So no comments yet if the latest changes have been a bit help to get your Med to small sized fleets moving again?
  • mkilczewskimkilczewski Member Posts: 284
    edited December 2012
    It seems ironic that the starbase system was supposedly designed for fleets in the 25-person range -yet I get the feeling that they are either failing miserably or were forced to get much bigger with more drama - just to keep going.

Why were starbases see as the bees knees of the game? The must have thing? The biggest most exciting thing that everyone wanted?

Probably has something to do with the ridiculous amount of resources it cost just to have windows, and a couple plants in the lobby. I said way back when, it should have been like a SIMS type game based on a latinum economy. Cryptic either didn't like that idea, or figured it was too hard for then to do. Made more sense to them to introduce another currency into the game, and make you spend your hard earned dilithium to have Morn come hang out at your bar.
    edited December 2012
    As we reach the end of the holidays - Just doing another check in to see how these overly expensive dilthium sinks are progressing?
  • fleetsolvanguardfleetsolvanguard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As we reach the end of the holidays - Just doing another check in to see how these overly expensive dilthium sinks are progressing?

Please let this die, we have 30 people and just started tier 4 please cryptic don't make it any easier.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Meh.......?
  • captaintrueheartcaptaintrueheart Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Please let this die, we have 30 people and just started tier 4 please cryptic don't make it any easier.

Glad you think it's awesome and perfectly balanced, unfortunately that's not an opinion shared by everyone.

Please Cryptic... DO make it more balanced for smaller fleets.
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
    Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
    U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If I play every day, I rack up more dilithium than I can refine. Fleet Marks are still a problem, though.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As Sonny & Cher used to sing..

The Fleet Goes On..., and the Fleet Goes on.

;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif