test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Party 2.0

locutus82locutus82 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
OK STO Fans !

So this is year two of my annual STO Party. This year we'll be doing more crazy and fun events than last ! I'm giving away Gear and Energy Credits valued over 100 million EC ! No skill required. Join Chat channel STOParty. We'll be doing Star Trek Triva, Modified PvP Ground and Space (No shields, Only 1 Bridge Officer allowed, Hand to Hand combat that kinda of stuff) , and a scavanger hunt ! January 25th 7 PM PST and don't be late. We'll be using Team Speak but no mic required it's just to read the trivia out loud so if you have speakers you'll be good to go as answers are typed into the chat channel :-) For questions and comments join me on the chat channel and fire away. Last year we had around 50 people join us and I'd love to see a tonne more ! This event should last a few hours and a dance party/ Group events / PvP to follow for those who'd like to stick around !

Hope to see you all there !

Lore ~
Post edited by locutus82 on

Comments

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I hope I can attend. It sounds like fun.

I'm gonna dominate the trivia. :D

(we don't need the mike to read the questions, right?)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • locutus82locutus82 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    No not at all. The questions will be read on Team Speak and the answers by the players will be typed in the STOParty chat channel :-) All you need is speakers !
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Couldn't people potentially cheat with the answers though? You read (or ask) a question, someone doesn't know, then it's a quick jump over to Memory Alpha or something for some quick research, then back to the chat window with an answer. :rolleyes:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Fastest Internet Connection WINS... ? ;)

Too many folks know their Star Trek Trivia inside and out for this to be a real problem.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    edited December 2012
    Last year people had the answer typed prior to me finishing the question :p Most trekkies won't need Memory Alpha.
    edited January 2013
    I've now added to the treasure of goodies that I will be giving away a Thollian Orb Weaver so be sure to join the chat channel STOParty if you have any further questions or comments.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Looking forward to it. :)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,882 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Looking forward to it. :)

Bring on the Orion slave girl dancers and some nerve tonic please :D
    DUwNP.gif

• csgtmyorkcsgtmyork Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Fascinating.... I must attend this.
    "Correction. Humans have rules in war. Rules that make victory a little harder to achieve, in my opinion."
    Elim Garak