test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wells Temporal Science Vessel Weapon Setup

induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Federation Discussion
I got my new Wells Class Time ship on Christmas day (I was pretty ***** exited:D)
and I wanted some opinions on weapon set-up for the Wells Class I use polaron weaponry along with Dominion Synergy.

This is my current set-up...

Fore - Dual Polaron Beam Bank, Polaron Beam Array, Tholian Thermionic Torpedo

Aft - Polaron Beam Array, Plasma Torpedo Launcher, Polaron Beam Array

I would appreciate any opinions on this thanks.
Post edited by induperator on

Comments

• Options
    samb0wskisamb0wski Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Sorry cant help you with the weapons layout but damn you are so lucky. Christmas day you say. I've opened at least two dozzen Temporal Boxes, Cardassian Boxes and others and never won a ship. Some people have all the luck :D
    I got my new Wells Class Time ship on Christmas day (I was pretty ***** exited:D)
    and I wanted some opinions on weapon set-up for the Wells Class I use polaron weaponry along with Dominion Synergy.

This is my current set-up...

Fore - Dual Polaron Beam Bank, Polaron Beam Array, Tholian Thermionic Torpedo

Aft - Polaron Beam Array, Plasma Torpedo Launcher, Polaron Beam Array

I would appreciate any opinions on this thanks.
    13th Autonomous Battle Group
    USS Crimson Sunrise / USS Midian Breach
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Lucky had nothing to do with it :) I actually got mine from the exchange but keep saving those ECs it's worth it C:
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Front: 3 Polaron DHC, Aft:2 Turrets 1 torp or 3turrets.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    The Wells is a Science Ship it can't equip dual cannons.
  • Options
    trahltrahl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes, DHC's are for the tac version.

You've got the right idea with the DBB's though. The turn rate isn't quite good enough to use DHC's anyway.
    My only suggestions right now are to pick a single torpedo and unless your DBB's are ACCx3 or at least ACCx2, consider a weapon with multiple procs. Not really a point in having just a single proc weapon anymore unless it's got something good behind it.

What's your BOff setup, considering thats massively customizable
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    My BOFF setup is...

Lt Commander Universal - Emergency Power to shields I, Engineering team II, Reverse Shield Polarity II

Lieutenant Universal - Torpedo High Yield I ,Torpedo Spread II

Ensign Engineering - Emergency Power To Weapons I

Commander Science - Polarize Hull I, Power Siphon I, Gravity Well I, Viral Matrix III

Lieutenant Science - Science Team I, Hazard Emitters II
  • Options
    unangbangkayunangbangkay Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My BOFF setup is...

Lt Commander Universal - Emergency Power to shields I, Engineering team II, Reverse Shield Polarity II

Lieutenant Universal - Torpedo High Yield I ,Torpedo Spread II

Ensign Engineering - Emergency Power To Weapons I

Commander Science - Polarize Hull I, Power Siphon I, Gravity Well I, Viral Matrix III

Lieutenant Science - Science Team I, Hazard Emitters II

No tactical team? You'll need at least 1. If you're going for DBBs I recommend dropping the THY for a Tactical Team, and maybe switching the Spread for Beam Overload. BO on a DBB is great for spike damage. If you insist on having a Torp skill, keep the TS2 or replace it with THY2. You may even wish to consider buying the Temporal Set if you have the Lobi (or at least the Tachyokinetic console), then replacing your Polarons with Antiprotons for maximum Synergy.

Since a 3rd team will mess with your cooldowns, I recommend dropping Sci team and replacing it with Transfer Shield Strength. Your shields are good enough that you don't need the large heal, and TSS is better for team support anyhoo.

Switch places for your Grav well and Viral Matrix. VM3 is best for PVP, but Grav Well 2 (3 if you can train it) is useful in any situation (and especially PVE). Your polarize hull is fine in lieu of an Attack Pattern, though instead of Power Siphon (which is more of a PVP skill) I prefer Tractor Beam (or Tractor Repulsors if you're good at maneuvering).

If you go for Beam overload, keep the EPTW, you'll need it to recover after a BO strike. Otherwise replace it with another EPTS. Keeping shields up is the primary sci vessel survival tactic, and having EPTS on cycle is best for boosting both shields and Shield resistance.

You can keep the Engineering Team, since you can't keep TT on cycle, but if you can, train a Boff in ET3 and switch its place with RSP1. Either that, or you can even replace it entirely with a more exotic Eng power, like Eject Warp Plasma (good CC), Aux to SIF (very nice heal since as a Sci you have Aux power to spare), Aux to Batt if you have Technician Doffs to help your cooldowns), Extend Shields for better team support (good for Fleet Actions).

And that's all I can think of at the moment.
  • Options
    trahltrahl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I posit that tactical team is overrated but having engineering team in that Lieutenant spot is kind of a waste. The bonus over Engiteam1 is so minimal compared to what could be there.
    I do perfectly good damage without any tac abilities (and it gives more room to keep up an excellent tank)

Grav well 2 is so nice- I get 800-1000DPS with that depending on the weather.

I don't see the big draw with antiprotons. Don't they only have a real boon if you're specialized in crits anyway?
    For sci's since we tend to have more points in power drain abilities, a power drain weapon ends up more beneficial with minimal opportunity cost.
  • Options
    revalahrevalah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nice thread guys, and thanks for the advice ( I got a Korath the other night, but its the same stats so it qualifies)

One thing I will add though. rather than emergency power to weapons, I would put EPT Engines. The reason is that the drop in opower can be handled by popping a weapon battery, but EPTE is my standard get out of trouble power. It gives you a massive kick, especially in combination with Evasive maneuvers. Its a really handy skill and I have it on all my characters now.

Also one little thing I discovered by accident yesterday. If you hit the Temporal backstep just before you die, and you die in the 2 seconds its charging, it will actually bring you back to life. :D The snag is that if you die again you will take another Ship injury :mad: But handy to know :cool:
  • Options
    huesoparkerhuesoparker Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This has been a great thread. I just picked up a Wells from a lockbox too. I'm going to refer back when I get a chance to get everything set up right.
  • Options
    trellabortrellabor Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am a Tac, but I love this thing. It's incredibly fun to hit big enemies with Grav Well, Temporal Inversion field, Isometric Charge, and then burst all your beams/torps at once. Chance of enemy survival is VERY low lol.

Currently I use:

Fore: 1xFleet Antiproton DBB, 1xChroniton DBB, 1xFleet Chroniton Torpedo

Aft: 1xFleet Antiproton Beam Array, 1xTemporal Device Launcher, 1xFleet Chroniton Torpedo

Consoles: 1xNeutrino, 1xMonotanium, 1xTachyokinetic, 1xAssimilated, 1xZero Point, 2xAntiproton Mag, 1xChroniton Flux, and I sometimes switch out the Tipler for the Isometric Charge.

Device: Shield Batt, Plasma Torp platform/AP platform, Subspace Field Modulator

Also using the Aegis shield/Eng/Def set.
    ____
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The o3 - Killed you good