test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Too Many Plasma Torpedoes

holyhelmetholyhelmet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So we have the normal plasma torps, now the Romulan Plasma Torps and also the Omega torps.

Ok, so the Romulans use plasmas, but surely the Omega ones should be some advanced form of Photon torpedoes seen as both the Klingons and the feds generally use these.

I keep seeing green balls floating all over the place, usually missing their targets and if they do hit, they usually don't do much damage because most people have some sort of shielding and armour that protects against plasmas.

I would like to see some big orange balls floating about. :D <-- and maybe an orange smiley face too. Thanks
Post edited by holyhelmet on

Comments

• jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I would love some undine weaponary to be goin around. Now that has me written all over. Also the thing with plasmas is there not powerful but extremely annoying beacuse when they hit I see my ship on fire. I want to see my ship not a greenfire ball! I dnont mind the damage but please allow us to not see the damm fire
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Lazy programming. The torpedo FX exists.... so they tweeked it into multiple new weapons. The coding was simple copy-paste with a handful of tweeks, and hey look we have the "ship on fire" animation already.

I would like to see something new or original for the next set rather than reworked/rehashed versions of the same gear we've had all along, please and thank you.
  • momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    holyhelmet wrote: »
    Ok, so the Romulans use plasmas, but surely the Omega ones should be some advanced form of Photon torpedoes seen as both the Klingons and the feds generally use these.

That's a good point. Though I think it would make more sense as quantum. The KDF doesn't generally use quantum torpedoes right now, but the technology is surely well understood since it's decades old (plus Omega Force is non-partisan) and it would make sense to throw the best torpedo you've got at your strongest enemies.
    I keep seeing green balls floating all over the place, usually missing their targets and if they do hit, they usually don't do much damage because most people have some sort of shielding and armour that protects against plasmas.

I feel like it's necessary once again to point out that PVP is a completely different game that plays by completely different rules. The minority of PVP players should not be used as the compass by which gameplay mechanics are adjusted for everybody else.