test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Temporal Set

osirisraaosirisraa Member Posts: 13 Arc User
I'm a little confused about how this looks in action. I dont know how lobi crystals work ether. Can you only get lobi crystals from opening boxes, or is there other ways like the exchange etc.

Was looking on you tube for a video, wiki wasn't much help. do the duplicates from the mayham console do damage? If so is it the same as your ship or is it reduced. How long do they stay until they disappear.

Links to some thing with some more detail then wiki would be appreciated
Post edited by osirisraa on

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The duplicates do damage, but it has a weird mechanic. The damage inflicted on your past self is transferred to you as well. The damage inflicted on your future self is not transferred to any one else. If I remember correctly, they only stay around for 30 seconds. People generally don't use it for STFs or in other team situations because you are more likely to die when it is activated.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    hmm so you take damage when you use the mayham ability ... that doesnt sound to attractive what about the set ability and whats its cool down... I wish wikki had some video footage to it.
  • Options
    titaniumworldtitaniumworld Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    osirisraa wrote: »
    hmm so you take damage when you use the mayham ability ... that doesnt sound to attractive what about the set ability and whats its cool down... I wish wikki had some video footage to it.

its worse than you think the damage that gets transferred by-passes your ships shield every time I have ever used the piece of junk I have died most of the time with full shields still up.
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited December 2012

they forget to mention if you heal yourself, your future self gets healed and if you heal your past self, your ship will get healed as well.

and if your talking about manheim console, dont forget to add in the wells class console and its bonus, it'll restore your ship to the health levels it had like 30 seconds ago, and if you have both the sci ship and destroyer consoles equiped, it freezes the enemies in place during this effect.

if your referring to the three peice lobi set. its pretty good onnce they changed the temporal device to chroniton damage rather than transphasic. i run a mobius class temporal destroyer with this set on it. it works pretty well.

the temporal sets abilities when equipped on a time ship is pretty cool, enemies within a 5km radius slow down, the smaller the ship, the bigger the slowdown.... fighters seem to turn into cruisers in speed. and the cool down bonus is global, all cooldowns are shrunk while this effect is active.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    tenkari wrote: »
    they forget to mention if you heal yourself, your future self gets healed and if you heal your past self, your ship will get healed as well.

and if your talking about manheim console, dont forget to add in the wells class console and its bonus, it'll restore your ship to the health levels it had like 30 seconds ago, and if you have both the sci ship and destroyer consoles equiped, it freezes the enemies in place during this effect.

if your referring to the three peice lobi set. its pretty good onnce they changed the temporal device to chroniton damage rather than transphasic. i run a mobius class temporal destroyer with this set on it. it works pretty well.

the temporal sets abilities when equipped on a time ship is pretty cool, enemies within a 5km radius slow down, the smaller the ship, the bigger the slowdown.... fighters seem to turn into cruisers in speed. and the cool down bonus is global, all cooldowns are shrunk while this effect is active.

Will you please post your console/weapon/etc set up and your boff set up for your your mobius class temproal destoryer and will your tell me how I can get the ship the consoles and the set up so I can try it out.... Out of all your ships that you run do you find this one the most effective?
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm a little confused about how this looks in action. I dont know how lobi crystals work ether. Can you only get lobi crystals from opening boxes, or is there other ways like the exchange etc.

Was looking on you tube for a video, wiki wasn't much help. do the duplicates from the mayham console do damage? If so is it the same as your ship or is it reduced. How long do they stay until they disappear.

Links to some thing with some more detail then wiki would be appreciated

First things first:

LOBI Crystals are only obtainable via a Lockbox of your choice, that is a Temporal, Tholian, Cardassian, or a Ferengi Lockbox.

The Console in question is called the [ Console - Universal - Manheim Device ] often referred to as the:

Suicide Console

for obvious reason - It highly likely that you will DIE from using this console either in PvP or STF. This Console can only be obtain via the Mobius Destroyer via the Lobi Store for 600 lobi crystals.

If you are lucky enough to obtain a Wells Class that contains the Console - Universal - Tipler Cylinder, which reverses time, and combine it with the Mobius Destroyer Console - Manheim Device, you'll get this weird Bubble effect.

Wells Class (Temporal vessel) Found only in the Temporal lockboxes

Mobius Destroyer (Temporal Destroyer) Found only in the LOBI Store
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    stark2k wrote: »
    First things first:

LOBI Crystals are only obtainable via a Lockbox of your choice, that is a Temporal, Tholian, Cardassian, or a Ferengi Lockbox.

The Console in question is called the [ Console - Universal - Manheim Device ] often referred to as the:

Suicide Console

for obvious reason - It highly likely that you will DIE from using this console either in PvP or STF. This Console can only be obtain via the Mobius Destroyer via the Lobi Store for 600 lobi crystals.

If you are lucky enough to obtain a Wells Class that contains the Console - Universal - Tipler Cylinder, which reverses time, and combine it with the Mobius Destroyer Console - Manheim Device, you'll get this weird Bubble effect.

Wells Class (Temporal vessel) Found only in the Temporal lockboxes

Mobius Destroyer (Temporal Destroyer) Found only in the LOBI Store

Sounds good. Now the question is ... How viable is the bubble effect and is it worth all the resourses to obtain and gear out a mbius destoryer
  • Options
    leoll2leoll2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Sounds good. Now the question is ... How viable is the bubble effect and is it worth all the resourses to obtain and gear out a mbius destoryer

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think the price is 800 Lobi, not 600.
    600 is the price of the full Temporal Warfare Set.
    P2W means Play To Win

Archimede - Leader and Founder of "Raiders of Starfleet"
    ...and 21 other characters!
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If you fly the Wells, use the tipler if you like. It's moderately useful as a self-heal/aggro-reset. It can even save you from death if you hit it just before dying (it's time travel after all), but in elite you will still get an injury if you "die" while it's on. Forget about getting the Mobius for the other console, it's useless.

If you fly the Mobius, put the mannheim into your bank and forget about it. If you're optimistic, pray the devs remove the suicide effect at some point. If you have too much EC, you can get the Wells for the tipler console and use that.

If you want to fly both, feel free to switch the tipler to whatever you're currently in. Bank the mannheim.
  • Options
    trellabortrellabor Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    tenkari wrote: »

I concur with this, I have the set on my Time Ship as well and find it very useful, more-so than the Mannheim Device reverse-time thingy. It's cool if you get into trouble solo, but in groups it takes too much 'time' to 'reverse time' (eh?). But yes, the Lobi Time Ship set goes great on these ships and the shields HP is just nutty. Normally I see around 17k-18k shields with a Fleet or Paratrinic shield. I'm used to flying things with sub-10k shields so this has a nice cushion IMO.
    ____
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The o3 - Killed you good
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    leoll2 wrote: »
    Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think the price is 800 Lobi, not 600.
    600 is the price of the full Temporal Warfare Set.

I stand corrected, yes the Mobius is 800 Lobi Crystals, not 600 as I previously posted.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg