test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

For people who love their Epohhs

aveldraaveldra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
It is my hope that we get further development for these cute little guys, more varied evolutions, combat pet variations, and even costume for them. One of my favorite suggestions made to me was that they get to wear cute little Maco/Omega/KHG armor visual either from a doff mission chain or zstore pack which you can put on them.

Any further suggestions would be welcome, let's make it known to Cryptic what Epohh fans want.:P
Post edited by aveldra on

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    All that would be interesting...

But what I really want/need is a SEPARATE Bank/Storage place for them and my Tribbles.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • plox21plox21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    +1

But i would like to see same system for all other pets in game already(sehlats/jackals/arachnid/hortas etc) , and we need to be able to spawn more than 1 non-combat pet(imagine army of epohhs behind or arround you lol).:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    daveyny wrote: »

But what I really want/need is a SEPARATE Bank/Storage place for them and my Tribbles.

Consider adding your support to LordHavelock's recommendations for Pet UI and Tribble Storage

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    (just my opinion)

Personally, i hope not, it would remind me of people who dress up their pets in ridiculous costumes and truely going against 'nature' :P Animals dont really require clothes...

Most of the time i dont see the 'cuteness' for example a cat with a 'kill me' expression having its photo taking in a santa costume, is not my idea of cute O.o

The only epohs i have are getting chucked straight into the Latinum Grinding consoles, and becoming lovely rommie marks :D
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    First, a COMBAT Targ.

...Then we'll discuss the lesser creatures.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2012
    Panko breaded Epohh Sweetbreads, fried in clarified butter. Mmmmmm.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'd like to have the option to make a Epohh fur coat, or shoulder pads like my tribble fur shoulder-pads KDF side.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I am waiting for my Epohh of Borg.
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If we can cover that face in the process, then awesome. As it stands I can only find them cute as pups when they're too small for me to see... that... face without actually trying.
  • loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    we want free unlimited seperate storage of pets :) or a vivver cat from romulus i can ride around on in my cargo hold :-D
  • aveldraaveldra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Great suggestions everyone, frankly I'm tempted to suggest Cryptic offers us an offduty costume with a purse and an epohh inside it a la paris hilton just to troll you elandarksky :P. I like that mount idea, Targ mounts, Epohh mounts, Giant Tribble mounts...? That tribble mount reminds me of the beach ball mount in Free Realms...that would be funny.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Panko breaded Epohh Sweetbreads, fried in clarified butter. Mmmmmm.
    Ok, thanks... I got Cracker Jack out the nose and on my monitor when I read "fried in clarified butter" in regards to Epohhs. LOL

:D
    daveyny wrote: »

Consider adding your support to LordHavelock's recommendations for Pet UI and Tribble Storage
    Hey, thanks for the linkage.

As for the OP, I'm ok with the idea of further pet development, if that includes Cryptic doing something about the way we store pets, as my links above explain.

I would love to see Combat Epohhs, though I'd rather see a Targ Breeding minigame that resultsed in Combat Targs, first. Not to mention they need to make it so BOs can slot and use pet devices (which currently, they don't seem to do).

However, I have to agree with Elandarksky and vote against playing Epohh dress-up. There's too many other canon costume/uniforms, assets, etc that are not (yet) in-game, not to mention clipping/bug-fixes on existing features, that need resolution, to waste Dev time on foo-fooing-up your Little Princess Epohh Paris Hilton-style.

When my KDF toons get more Foot-wear options, Off Duty clothes, and more colors, when my Feds can wear a "ripped-Kirk shirt", change the rank on their WoK uniforms, find an iron for my over-wrinkled Troi uniform, and my female toons can wear any Communicator without clipping into their (only medium-sized) TRIBBLE, then we can talk about your Omega Force Epohhs.

:cool:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's simple--but I'd love to be able to interact with the epohh (or other pets) when they're activated. It would be funny to be able to play fetch with them, rub their bellies, pet them, or otherwise play with them like pets. ;)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • aveldraaveldra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My Little Epohhs...:o

Pet battling would be pretty interesting and wouldn't go against PWE's style. Now while I agree with the long standing issues, being addressed there's no reason why with their every increasing staff size they wouldn't be able to have someone working on a pet project (pun intended). In the end it's all in Cryptic's hands, I just figure it would be a funny to make a cute little suggestion and hope everyone had some fun in the thread.:P
    edited December 2012
    aveldra wrote: »
    ...I just figure it would be a funny to make a cute little suggestion and hope everyone had some fun in the thread.
    Oh I get it. And I don't mean any insult as I stomp on your idea ;). I get/like pet-projects (I see what ya did thar! :P) and like to throw out my fair share, too.

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    First, a COMBAT Targ.

+1 to this. Star Trek Online is now full with non-combat pets and is lacking in combat pets (consumables or not) also some of torpedo platforms(including their obtaining assignments) has been removed from game, such as tricobalt platform .
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i wish they would remove pets from star trek as its got nothing to do with it. when is the last time u seen a captin running around with little pets following them in or out of combat.

if u want pets i hear pokemon is good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    i wish they would remove pets from star trek as its got nothing to do with it....
    Archer had a dog. Picard had a fish. Data had a cat. Kahn had those ear worm things, and we've seen several Klingon Captains with Targs. Pets are Star Trek canon. Deal. :P

And people like vanity items/pets. It's an MMO trope, regardless of theme. It sells.

Besides, not all pets are fluffy little space bunnies. A couple of my characters commonly use the Exocomp pet, a suitably tech-friendly companion.

:cool:

• sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't want it, but somewhere in my weird brain, the thought of a klink cheerleader with tribbles as pompoms could be hilarious.
    /Floozy
  • ds9fan1982ds9fan1982 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I completely agree with maddog0000doom. Get rid of this pets. Only because other MMOs have pets? Why even have pets they are so useless and so non-canon (the Pets that where mentioned stayed in the captains / crewmans quarter all the time I which is acceptable for me). I feel really sorry for MMO players which focus on pets.

And when Cryptic is on it, they can delete the visuals for body armors, kits and weapons. This huge miniguns (I hate this weapon type so much so off canon) on the back look so hideous. Again I feel sorry for the players. You put much effort in creating a good looking uniform in the character creation process and than you wear a body armor?

Than Cryptic please continue in removing the galor class, attack ship, bren ship, tha cat carrier and so on. It is called the Federation and you barley see any FED ships anymore only alien ships.

For KDF players that tag epohhs they should transfer the player to his own bridge where he gets challenged by his second in command because of his act of cowardice (a KDF player has to gain romulan marks by fighting enemy ships not breeding little animals). If you lose you would have to run 25 hours with the visuals of your commander (because he replaced you).
  • aliendejouraliendejour Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    First, a COMBAT Targ.

Can't support that enough! They don't need to be exactly like the Fed tribbles though. For example, what about a crew mascot for Klingons to give a boost in space combat?
    I don't want it, but somewhere in my weird brain, the thought of a klink cheerleader with tribbles as pompoms could be hilarious.

Know I'd like to see that, just once. LOL
  • dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    criss11 wrote: »
    also some of torpedo platforms(including their obtaining assignments) has been removed from game, such as tricobalt platform .

No, they haven't, you're just looking in the wrong place. Go to Pelia or Gamma Orionis for Tric torp platform prototype plans. If you still can't find any, I'll sell you some :P