test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Federation and Klingon Missions With Guest Characters as Senior Officers!

valen006valen006 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
Hey STO Players! I have a question. How many of you would like to see more Federation and Klingon mission with encore appearences from Star Trek Characters. For example a mission briefing from Adm. Janeway, Capt. LaForge, Adm. William Riker advises you on a mission in Romulan Space. Capt Chekotay. Kai Kia, Capt Dax.,Capt Data and many others.
Post edited by valen006 on

Comments

• mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That is all well and good, but with one issue:

It costs to have actual likenesses of real people in the game.

Trust me, that'd be more than awesome to have a lot of those whom we know, show up in the game. But for the most part, those who were in the shows and such, are lesser characters: D'tan is an excellent example.

Or if they are slightly more major characters (see: Sela), then they don't really look like their actor for the same reason as mentioned above.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I thought Janeway was dead in 2409.

Pretty sure her death is mentioned somewhere.
  • valen006valen006 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I think Adm janeway is still living in 2409 because of the new timeline she setup when she went back in time.
  • dlmysticdlmystic Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    she dies in 1 book then is brought back in another one. Check out Priority one podcast one of their suplimental has an interview with a Voyager book writer and she talks about it.

Sirenbane@dlmystic Founder of the Dominion-X
    Sirensong@dlmystic LG of the Guardians of Stovkor
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    dlmystic wrote: »
    she dies in 1 book then is brought back in another one. Check out Priority one podcast one of their suplimental has an interview with a Voyager book writer and she talks about it.

Ugh, book "lore".

I prefer straight out fanfiction, it tends to respect the universe more.
  • radkipradkip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ugh, book "lore".

I know, right? They take what JJ Abrams has done to the series and make it look like something mildly respective of the franchise.

As far as characters from the main series' appearing... it'd be nice, but not likely. As far as I know, Michael Dorn is the only one who's given clearance to Cryptic outside of Leonard Nemoy for his voice work. But don't quote me on that.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
    kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Its been decades since the TNG-era shows, and even the future of 'All Good Things' is over a decade in our characters' past. Even the younger guys like Harry Kim and Nog would be in like their 50s or 60s by 2409. Most of the older characters are likely retired by now, and those that aren't are in senior positions now and probably don't see a lot of field work. We're in a different era now.
  • stohansonstohanson Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'd rather have one huge story arc than special guest appearances
  • ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I would like to see Cryptic hire some of these folk to do voice over work as well. Sure, Shatner and Stewart would charge you a king's ransome but both of their characters are dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sussethraisussethrai Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Easy workaround for the Dax character, at any rate: Dax got a new host.

Why not see if some of the actors who played the younger characters like Ensign Kim or Nog would be willing, since their characters at least would have a chance of still being around? Many of them enjoyed their time in the Star Trek universe, and aren't too worried about being typecast. I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't mind a little extra cash in exchange for some voiceover work. Wil Wheaton is always out and about, and already does extensive voice work for audio books. I agree, having a briefing from Captain Nog of the SFCoE regarding a particular miracle that needed to be worked would be fun.
    "Susse-thrai" had been the name bestowed upon her, half in anger, half in affection, by her old crew on Bloodwing; the keen-nosed, cranky, wily old she-beast, never less dangerous than when you thought her defenseless, and always growing new teeth far back in her throat to replace the old ones broken in biting out the last foe's heart.
    Romulans: left one homeworld, lost another, third time's the charm?
  • balinikusbalinikus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ugh, book "lore".
    Truth said.

I'd argue that for a lot of franchises who have poor quality control, but not everyone can hire Dan Abnett... *sigh*

It is certainly a nice idea to at least have some idea about what characters are up to, even missions from Admiral Chakotay or Captain la Forge etc etc, it may be nice just to see some of the "smaller" names turning up because it'd be more credible (their characters would be in useful positions for gameplay purposes) and cheaper for Cryptic.

Drink one shot for ever time someone complains about realism in Star Trek.
    Drink two shots if they don't know what "fiction" is.