test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pet Snowman

xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
Can we please keep this pet i do not like the idea that i worked hard to get this item.And would like to keep it as a pet.There should be no reason way we should not be able to keep this item after Q's event is done.
The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
Post edited by xcom43 on

Comments

• Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    you can still generate the snowman after the event. But Like Frosty, the magic will have faded and he will just be a stationary snow construct.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Info on the snowman pet: "If used outside of the event's annual time frame, the snowman will be static and unable to follow you"

What this means is that after the event you can still summon the pet but it won't be animated or follow you. It will just sit there motionless. It would be nice if it didn't do that though. Kinda stupid to get a fun pet that is only fun for, at most, a little over a month. :(

(You don't lose the pet at all.)
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You can use the animated pet again next Winter event. Greatest things about the Winter event has to be the "free" Breen ship which could have easily have been put into a lockbox and making the Frosted Boots permanent. They were stuck in my bank all year long due to the timer now I will be using it in the summer.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Honestly this seems stupid. You can 'summon' a snowman that'll just be there. Why take the animation away? If they're going to have it stationary, they be better off having it as an ornament in your ready room or mess hall.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well it is animated by Q's "magic". So if Q wants to make snowmen animated during a specific part of the year, then snowmen will be animated during a specific part of the year. It is wise not to get the attention of omnipotent beings with a sense of humor and complaining to Q about animated snowmen will do that.
  • Options
    alnakaralnakar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Personally, I prefer the snowmen being stationary for the rest of the year. Having snowmen running around for the rest of the year wouldn't really fit very well into the Star Trek universe. It's a lot of fun for the month, but I think they made the right call on this one.
    - LTS since shortly before the F2P announcement, and very happy about it.