test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What the Ambassador should be.

Comments

• captiandata1captiandata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    yes three commander one of each a tactical, an engingeneering, and a science with no other officers and 2 fighter bays
    and 400 crew
    edited December 2012
    the ka'vort would have a commander engineneering and 2 universal commander 8 weapon slots 600 crew and 2 bays
  • wunjeewunjee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    None of these ships need bays. The aren't carriers.

The original poster's idea is one of the best I've seen for the Ambassador and I like it.

K'Vort should be a battlecruiser, not a BoP (Since it was called a Battlecruiser in that episode), and as such should have a BOFF layout similar to the "Free" Bortas. I think that'd work. No battlecloak, but it would have a cloak. Good turning--perhaps Fleet Tor'Kaht levels of base turning. Big crew--less then Fleet Tor'Kaht's 1500 for sure, tho. 1.0 or 1.05 shield modifier, 4/4 weapons, 4 engineering, 1 sci, 4 tac consoles, 3 device slots.
    edited December 2012
    some ambassador class ship do have 3 shuttle bays granted toey all face after not idea for launching fighter but there is more the enough bays to support 2 full fighter wings and still have a full compilment of search and resque shuttles.

as for the ka'vort class could be blown up to to be about the same size as the ka'tinga class battle to be large enough for 2 fighter bays and not ecape pods
    edited December 2012
    also give the ka'vort class and univeral liutandent officer
  • wunjeewunjee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    K'Vort's way bigger then a K'T'Inga..
    edited December 2012
    the ka'vort could be the same size as the ambassador class and almost more powerful then the galaxy class
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    yes three commander one of each a tactical, an engingeneering, and a science with no other officers and 2 fighter bays
    and 400 crew
    some ambassador class ship do have 3 shuttle bays granted toey all face after not idea for launching fighter but there is more the enough bays to support 2 full fighter wings and still have a full compilment of search and resque shuttles.

as for the ka'vort class could be blown up to to be about the same size as the ka'tinga class battle to be large enough for 2 fighter bays and not ecape pods
    since catpain james t kirk had 3 captains which included spock, scott and kirk himslef plus 3 commander in 2293.

acutally it is more star trek canon to have cruisers commenders as departmen heads so why not allow the ambassador class to have only three commander one of each department with a low crew of 400 and 2 fight wing bays?

Troll. Such. A. Troll.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
    edited December 2012
    the flighter bays are way over for a war battle cruiser but as jim kirk would say that sounds like fun.
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Troll. Such. A. Troll.

QFT. How did this thread get this badly infected?
    edited December 2012
    scurry5 wrote: »
    QFT. How did this thread get this badly infected?

Some guy just came in and started posting ridiculous nonsense. And continues to do so. It's amusing but kind of annoying at the same time.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Some guy just came in and started posting ridiculous nonsense. And continues to do so. It's amusing but kind of annoying at the same time.

Yeah, no kidding there. I'd rather take Nike's idea over that guy's idea. I mean, 3 Cmdr slots is even more insane than anything else currently in this game.

Still prefer most of all the OPs idea.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
    edited December 2012
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Yeah, no kidding there. I'd rather take Nike's idea over that guy's idea. I mean, 3 Cmdr slots is even more insane than anything else currently in this game.

Still prefer most of all the OPs idea.

As much as I hate both ideas, I'd actually take Nike over this other guy. In all honesty, both ideas are whacked. But if it were up to me, I would stick with my very first post. =P
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I actually like the OP's setup. It kind of bridges the gap between the Nebula and the Star Cruiser. It would be a very good tanky crowd control ship as well.
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    wunjee wrote: »
    I'm hoping that in all of this, while Feds get their Ambassador, the Klingons will get the K'Vort. I'm surprised there aren't threads popping up about it, but I'm hoping for awesomeness, here. I'm aware the K'Vort is little more then a gigantic B'Rel without wing animations, but that's what makes it so awesome.

A Battlecruiser K'Vort..

It's probably because most KDF enthusiasts know it's pointless to 'discuss' the possibility of new stuff. The devs, in all likelihood, won't deliver it, or will deliver it in a TRIBBLE-poor fashion.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    jlebeck wrote: »
    If the free one came out with no Boff slots, no console slots and a Mark I engine I'd be happy, and all this about the Federation getting another ship, I hate to break it to you folks but Star Trek was based around the UFP with the occasional story involving the Klingons, the back catalogue of Starfleet ships is a far greater resource and the interest in them is very high.

And you can take that thinking and stuff it. There is quite a sizable community behind the Klingon Empire, it's not our fault the studios didn't pay more attention to the Klingon concept. That's why KDF fans make do with fanfiction and the like, along with game resources like STO.

Most of the players who were inclined to play Klingon heavily have left the game because of the amount of neglect the KDF faction has received. That's part of the reason the faction's so small.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
    edited December 2012
    the ka'vort class could be still a bird of prey and be tankier and have 7 th weapons slot? with all cammandaer crew?
    edited December 2012
    the ka'vort class could be still a bird of prey and be tankier and have 7 th weapons slot? with all cammandaer crew?

TROLL!!!!!

Go back under your bridge.

On a side note, at least that guy with his 3 LtCmdr BOff slots stopped trying to say it was balanced.
  • quiscustodietquiscustodiet Member Posts: 350
    edited December 2012
    OP layout is fine and does fill a yet unfilled niche (though flagships can mimic the layout), everything that came afterwards is ridiculous.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    since catpain james t kirk had 3 captains which included spock, scott and kirk himslef plus 3 commander in 2293.

acutally it is more star trek canon to have cruisers commenders as departmen heads so why not allow the ambassador class to have only three commander one of each department with a low crew of 400 and 2 fight wing bays?

So? Special circumstances...at the end of the enterprise d it had 3 commanders and least 3 lt cmdrs...does that mean we should give the exploration cruiser a build like that?

Plus throwing in 2 fighter bays...lol your insane...infact alot of people are. To think that a ship that is over a half century old should be superior to 25th century right off the line ships is nuts.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lianthelia wrote: »
    So? Special circumstances...at the end of the enterprise d it had 3 commanders and least 3 lt cmdrs...does that mean we should give the exploration cruiser a build like that?

Plus throwing in 2 fighter bays...lol your insane...infact alot of people are. To think that a ship that is over a half century old should be superior to 25th century right off the line ships is nuts.

Well, the same thing can be said for the much older Excelsior. But there it sits anyways, even a fleet version now.

That said, you are right in that he's nuts.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
    edited December 2012
    lianthelia wrote: »

mimey2 wrote: »
    Well, the same thing can be said for the much older Excelsior. But there it sits anyways, even a fleet version now.

That said, you are right in that he's nuts.

Not nuts, troll.
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I just don't get all the hype the Ambassador gets. Its an uglier, boxier Galaxy. It should've been a T3 cruiser and that's about it.
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My thread was ruined with Overpowered bullshiz and people who don't understand my idea at all. what the frack... Merry Christmas.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
    edited December 2012
    I just don't get all the hype the Ambassador gets. Its an uglier, boxier Galaxy. It should've been a T3 cruiser and that's about it.

^ THIS.

Or my first post in this thread. =P
    edited December 2012
    the enterprise d galaxy class would have faired only a little better if any better agained 4 romulan war birds then the enterprise c did. difference it might have the galaxy class take the romulans as prisioners instead of the romulans taking starfleet personal as prisioners.

has both enterprises c and d gone back to fight the romulans in 2344 would have made a larger mess of the time line.
    kinda like the nero/naranda ship/spock paradox that created the jj star trek seprate univers is totally different the the prime star trek univers with 20 to 30% larger ships with more powerful and weapons and technolgy.

i imangine that if both entperprise c and d when to fight the romulans in 2344 the romulans would have lost all 4 ships. Starfleet would have sped up the developement of the galaxy class and work on upgrade before the galaxy class were to go into production. While updating all starships expecially ambassador class and newer ships with the galaxy class type 22 years more advanced knowlege and work on larger ships like the star trek online odysey class for about late 2367.

we do not know enough about the yesterdays enterprise d history time line or how jj is going to develope his time line. the enterprise c time travle jump forward in time could be link in some way to the nero/spock/naranda ship backwards time and univers jump?
    edited December 2012
    with a crew of 900 to 1100 personal and people the ambassador class would start feel very cramped like large sardien can is space. about 700 to 800 people on baord an ambassador would be good crew size with feel packed in a sardien can