test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Hello Cryptic are you going to reposnd to this, I can tell you how to fix it SHutdown the server and restart it, that goes for the STO, CO and Chat servers comeone Cryptic before you lose people.....
    edited August 2011
    I've seen a Dev on TTS ask about this, so someone ie resumably looking into it. Just logged into game and my chat is offline. bug reported
    edited August 2011
    Members of our fleet were having this problem yesterday, too. It made it impossible to coordinate for the Crystalline Entity event we were trying to host.
    edited August 2011
    yup since last emergency maintainance patch to correct these crashes, they actually got worsed. Chat offline, logging out and logging in again takes forever (might be a good menu point: "Switch Character"???). Ok so chat offline, mail offline, friendslist offline... relogging sometimes works, but lets say in only about 20% of the cases.

And then when it finally works... at random point... game crash... verify files... start game... log in... wonder what? - yes chat offline!

Thank you... great!

EDIT: just found something. when chat is offline and you type something no matter which channel (all except team), everybody can read what you type even though my system says chat offline. So there is problem that the clients somehow cannot access the messaging server or whatever you call it. It can post, but it cannot read... This is by far the worst bug ever... showstopper #1
    edited August 2011
    Problem evolved for me as well to include bouts of total chat failure. Exiting STO and re-entering (some times multiple times) seemed to correct the issue of "no chat at all", however still would see instances of local chat not working from time to time. Unpleasant.
    edited August 2011
    Yep, chat its off line for me too..
    edited August 2011
    4 Pages over 4 days and no dev response. Customer Service is offline too it appears...
    edited August 2011
    No chat for days.

Definitely a game stopper.
    edited August 2011
    Happened to a fleetmate 2 nights ago. He is on my friends list, and it listed him as "offline" even though he was in game. His chat would not work. The 2 may be connected.

However, he DID appear in the fleet roster.
    edited August 2011
    Chat is the same way for me all of my toons except for one my newest character all of my other ones are now for a lack of a better word mutes I can't see anything or chat anything else. First time getting it I guess I'll wait for next patch to log back in for now first game crippling crash i have ran into and i've been here since the Beta.
    edited August 2011
    It seems to me the chat bug is caused by the same bug as the not working friend list, mail system.
    Whenever all my channels are offline, my mail and friend list also isn't showing anything an I am not being shown as online to my friends.
    edited August 2011
    Sophia wrote:
    It seems to me the chat bug is caused by the same bug as the not working friend list, mail system.
    Whenever all my channels are offline, my mail and friend list also isn't showing anything an I am not being shown as online to my friends.

Same...been on and off all weekend...sometimes several relogs fixes it, sometimes I give up and fly...
    edited August 2011
    Same. Also, local chat goes in and out more frequently than the electrical fences at Jurassic Park.
  • kiarasenakiarasena Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    We're not in season 7 and guess what? "Chat is offline".. sorry cryptic.. but you're starting to get on my "fail" list.. FIX IT. Less nose picking. Geez..

Not just chat.. "[Admin] Couldn't get map names from map manager"

Seriously.. if this isn't fixed I'll just post my opinion on reviews about STO that 2d mario games are better.. and more fixed then this.. yes may be mean but it's the hard truth..

I tried to relog, and that didn't even work.. so congratz to Cryptic.. I think you guys screwed up with the last patch, or managed to throw the game off and stuff..

Enjoy playing further.
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Chat died on me when I logged in earlier. Then I was booted out when I tried to change my locations, some kind of map issue. I haven't been able to login since.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I just got logged in. Looks like whatever it was resolved itself.

Edit:
    Please don't respond to posts that are over 30 days (especially ones over a year old!) as the situation or information in the posts can be out of date.

~ Askray
This discussion has been closed.