test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck on Empty Map - How Do I Get Out of Here?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited December 2012 in The Academy
Nevermind, problem was solved.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Can you share how? Just in case we get in same situation? :)
    edited May 2011
    Well, my general advice when stuck is: Try to beam out / go to sector space.
    Yes, it can mean you have to redo a section of your current mission, but in my book that was always faster than other options.

Uhm.

And I kind of like fixing things myself instead of asking for help from others. <.<
    edited May 2011
    I have seen on a few times both for myself and wife. Where you zone in to a black map. The minutes you move you get everything. Need to remember to start doing a bug report if see it.
    edited May 2011
    WishStone wrote:
    Well, my general advice when stuck is: Try to beam out / go to sector space.
    Yes, it can mean you have to redo a section of your current mission, but in my book that was always faster than other options.

Uhm.

And I kind of like fixing things myself instead of asking for help from others. <.<

Thanks for the advice Wishy. I actually had a problem where I couldn't beam out. The button was grey and clicking on it obviously did nothing. What ended up happening was that I contacted a GM about it. I waited for a bit, but ultimately ended up exiting the game so that the map would reset and I would find myself inside of Sector Space as opposed to in the empty mission map. I did try everything that was proposed by the GM support UI including changing instances and aborting the mission, but none of that seemed to have any kind of immediate effect. It was a very weird anomaly.

Incidentally, at first I was upset that the GM didn't respond fast enough, but that may have been misplaced. I don't know if I was out of STO long enough for the map to reset itself and I think a GM may have had a hand in that. If that was the case, I know the GMs generally get more grief than not and I appreciate the help. <-- it's easy to get frustrated sometimes when all you want to do is play your mission and you finally got your KDF char to where it starts to get fun, but I know you guys are working hard on your end too.

I think what happened honestly is that it was an old version of Prison Break that I never completed and when that got republished with an update, the map that I beamed to wasn't there.

*Prison Break is what I think this Foundry Mission was called. I found that it was republished afterwards, and I must say that it is a fine mission for the KDF Faction. I really love what the Foundry has done for my Star Trek experience.

** It was a GM and thanks a whole bunch.
  • xandemanxandeman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    On the lower right of the mini map is the down arrow.

click it to being down a drop box and select "visit starship bridge"

when i left the bridge I was back in sector map and on my ship.

hope this helps
  • seagull4svkseagull4svk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    xandeman wrote: »
    On the lower right of the mini map is the down arrow.

click it to being down a drop box and select "visit starship bridge"

when i left the bridge I was back in sector map and on my ship.

hope this helps

I have the same problem, but when I will leave the bridge, I will return back to empty map :( What shall I do?
  • diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Zombie!

But to answer the question (since this has started happening to a lot of people since the latest patch), press J to open your mission menu. Select Episodes, then in the Klingon War story, choose the first mission, "Stranded In Space". This will then give you an option to transwarp to the mission's start location. It will cost you 100 Energy Credits to do so, but it is the only guaranteed way to get out of the empty map.

Now, where did I put my phaser pulsewave assault...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!